Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Waite decks post-expiry

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith

Jedi

Zephyros 
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeric View Post
Now that there is access to HQ scans of the Pam-A cards, would we able to see a repro of the first release, with the orange pebble back, or with the rose&lily back, at this time?

From what I understand US Games doesn't hold claim on the original backs of the cards and has created new backs on its own decks to compensate. So I assume a perfect front and back recreation would be possible?
That and more. We will probably be seeing a slew of authentic reproductions, even of the editions that had thin or flimsy card stock. They could be more faithful than even USG's PCS Centennial. They would probably be mostly for collectors though. In terms of copyright, I don't know if the backs even matter, since there isn't anyone actively pursuing the copyrights.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Magical Dreamer

Aeric 
Magical Dreamer

Yay! I realized as I put my collecting habit on lockdown that it's a comparably short time before a complete reproduction of the [my] Holy Grail of English decks is feasible.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.