Is Tarot like a Ouiji board?

ravenest

What a wonderful way to put it, Fizzy. I like that!

One of my aunts bought a Ouija board when I was a really little girl. She showed me and my cousins how it worked but we couldn't make the planchet move. She could, though. Later in life she developed schizophrenia but even though my Christian fundie family connected the two, I don't believe Ouija had anything to do with her later mental illness.

No ?

http://www.searchwithin.org/download/presence_spirits.pdf

Holland

My experiences were very dark and scary messages...but again I was a kid messing around. I had "someone" say that they were watching me, that they were going to take over my body...stuff like that. I was freaked and determined that it just wasn't for me.

Oh sorry I did not mean with Ouiji I meant with your tarot experience. If that is okay with you.

EmpressArwen

Oh sorry I did not mean with Ouiji I meant with your tarot experience. If that is okay with you.

Oh sorry! Misread that. I went through a terrible experience...coming onto the scene of a gunshot suicide...my best friends husband. The situations surrounding it all was so horrible, so evil. I was affected deeply, as you can imagine, by all that I saw, heard and felt that day. Afterward, I could not shake the very real presence of evil. Everytime I tried to read, everything was dark, horrible, very bad energy. It was not the cards but me. The cards were showing me exactly what was in my head and emotions. I had to stop reading for a long time. After I healed from this, I was able to read again, in my usual way that is positive and uplifting.

Holland

What do you mean? I'd like to help you, but I really don't understand the question.
Let me see if I can rephrase that...meaning "Oh lord I made a huge mistake?" or acting like a kid who plays with matches and may end up with a fire. Something like that.
As for my sources...ha I don't know where their source comes from, I guess in the end it really is all about self-experience. :D

Again thanks for your awesome input, it seriously is helping. I've learned so much today!

Grizabella

Have you ever known one of your Christian friends or relatives to say they open the Bible, put their finger on a page just at random, and there they find their answer to a question they need answered? Well, that's called bibliomancy and it's a form of divination, as is Tarot.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

EmpressArwen

Have you ever known one of your Christian friends or relatives to say they open the Bible, put their finger on a page just at random, and there they find their answer to a question they need answered? Well, that's called bibliomancy and it's a form of divination, as is Tarot.

Ha! I first heard of that from the book Running with Scissors...what a strange, sometimes disturbing book.

ravenest

Good point! Hmmmmm <thinks> ....

HEY! It works!

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge. "

http://www.bibledice.com/

EmpressArwen

IMO tarot is nothing like a Ouiji board.

Spirit evocation is (or should be ) an art or science that one needs to be trained in, the equivalent is like a trained electrician ... an ouija board is like playing with the wiring to see what happens.

Tarot is a set of images that we make associations to and draw conclusions from.

What are your thoughts on spirits that just show up during tarot or oracle readings? As in the reader didn't evoke anything, they just show up?

EmpressArwen

Good point! Hmmmmm <thinks> ....

HEY! It works!

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge. "

http://www.bibledice.com/

Whoa. I did this...I asked if I should continue to read cards and explore my intuition?

Joel 2: 28

Weird.