What Question would you ask Miss Pamela?

ravenest

Heaps of her art is in google images, check out "Sea Creatures" :)

It would be a shame to judge her art and subject matter on the RW tarot.

~ She knew Crowley ?

gregory

Heaps of her art is in google images, check out "Sea Creatures" :)

It would be a shame to judge her art and subject matter on the RW tarot.

~ She knew Crowley ?
Not that I know of. I'd like to ask her if she actually LIKED Waite. Just because I want to know !

ravenest

Me neither ... but Tarotbear seems to think so. Any references to that ?

Hmmmm Waite and Crowley probably 'deserved' each other.

For some reason an idea just popped into my head; one deck made by Smith / Harris (yeah! ) and another by Waite / Crowley (Hoo boy! ) .

tarotbear

~ She knew Crowley ?

Not that I know of !

Not that I know of, either.

We are asking hypothetical questions to a dead woman - need they be based in reality? It may have been possible, that anyone who worked their way into the GD might possibly have met those at the controlling core of it, however briefly.

greatdane

I would like to know her feelings about Waite too

I am not sure just how much she was really involved in the Golden Dawn, or if she just associated with a lot of the people (as it did seem a lot of interesting people of the day were involved) in it. I would also like to know her thoughts regarding Waite. Just basically someone she kind of knew who commissioned her to draw the deck, how much she interacted with him. Considering the social mores of the time, even in a group like the Golden Dawn, it would be interesting to know how she felt she was treated.

tarotbear

roppo - that is the AT member I was trying to remember...

This is from his web page (here) - it if appears in Japanese, click the English translation button and go to 'Occult Art Gallery' and click on the two sections to see Pamela's art - some of which you may never have seen before. If the link does not work - go directly to roppo's bio.

**** ETA ****

Link on a thread about the coloring of the RWS deck here .

PathWalker

I believe they confess, get absolved and go do it again...

Not all of them, I think it's a personal choice.
I had a friend who's priest seemed to be working on the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" system!
So she simply never mentioned that not only was her husband not a catholic, but that her was her second husband, she having been divorced from the first.
She just went to a church some way from where she'd lived before, and never spoke about it.

To keep to the topic, tightening up on Ballerina's question about whether painting the cards changed her spiritual outlook, I wonder if the energies of the cards visited her daily life as some creators these days say they do?
Did she have whole weeks of Swords energy? Tower moments? Cup episodes? Or did being the painter of someone else's creation negate that?

gregory

Not that I know of, either.

We are asking hypothetical questions to a dead woman - need they be based in reality? It may have been possible, that anyone who worked their way into the GD might possibly have met those at the controlling core of it, however briefly.
Sure - but if we get one question ("What question - singular - would you ask"), I'd prefer to pick one that I can be sure she will have an answer for, is all. It's like those three wasted wishes you always get in fairy tales !

tarotbear

So she simply never mentioned that not only was her husband not a catholic, but that her was her second husband, she having been divorced from the first...She just went to a church some way from where she'd lived before, and never spoke about it.

This - I believe - was what all that fuss about the reading of the marriage banns for 3 weeks before the wedding was all about - looking for 'tattletails' to stop a wedding from taking place before the ceremony, and then closing the ceremony with that ominous statement 'If any man knows any reason why these two should not be wed in Holy Matrimony, let him speak now - OR FOREVER HOLD HIS PEACE.'

--> Back to asking questions of Miss Colman-Smith now! ......

tarotbear

Sure - but if we get one question ("What question - singular - would you ask", I'd prefer to pick one that I can be sure she will have an answer for, is all. It's like those three wasted wishes you always get in fairy tales !

I didn't realize there were 'rules' that we are only allowed to ask the dead one question - is this some sort of séance or something? I thought this thread was an intellectual exercise ... mea culpa ...