No going back now - GULP!!

Cat*

FatesLady said:
As for the people who say they get to know the cards so much better through trimming... HOW? My focus narrows so much that I don't see ANYTHING except the line along which I am trimming.
And here I was, thinking I was the only one with that sort of trimming tunnel vision... :D

SunChariot

Alta said:
Personally I would be terrified to trim a deck, but go for it. Suspect Kat's advice is the good one, don't push on when tired.
Me too! I'd be scared that the trimmed cards would no longer each be exactly the same size. That would bother me if they weren't. I think I'd be too uncomfortable to use a deck if the cards were all slightly different sizes. Doesn't that happen sometimes?

Babs

Myrrha

SunChariot said:
Me too! I'd be scared that the trimmed cards would no longer each be exactly the same size. That would bother me if they weren't. I think I'd be too uncomfortable to use a deck if the cards were all slightly different sizes. Doesn't that happen sometimes?

Babs

I really like the solid feeling of the deck in my hands as I shuffle it. It wouldn't feel the same if the sizes were even slightly off. I've heard from people who have trimmed their decks that it doesn't feel the same to shuffle them.

I don't mind the borders at all on any of my decks, even the Place Vampires where the border bothered a lot of people. I can see the appeal of trimmed decks in scans but in real life with the deck actually in hand it might look a little odd.

If I had the Spiral Tarot that would be another matter though... truly hideous borders on that one.

nisaba

Cat* said:
Originally Posted by FatesLady
As for the people who say they get to know the cards so much better through trimming... HOW? My focus narrows so much that I don't see ANYTHING except the line along which I am trimming.
And here I was, thinking I was the only one with that sort of trimming tunnel vision... :D
Not to mention, it doesn't say a lot for the amount of attention they pay to their cards at other times ...

Asbestos Mango

I trimmed my Deviant Moon after my parrot chewed the corner of the Ten of Pentacles.

The major effects were that the deck seems much more alive without the white borders and it's much easier to shuffle, due to the card size being slightly smaller.

I'm thinking about taking a pair of scissors to my pocket RWS, but I'm worried that it would be too small to handle afterward.

I think I would only ever trim a deck with white borders, though. The decks I have with black borders, the borders make the images pop, somehow. White borders detract from the image, IMO