Public display of deck affection

canid

Altena said:
Must say I'm a very patient person. I'm also very private when it comes to decks so I never open them when anyone else is around and absolutely not out on the streets. If a slip arrives from the post office telling me that I need to pick up a new package it can take days(even up to one-two weeks) before I finally go and pick them up(of course it depends on what deck it is, sometimes I go and get them right after grabbing the slip from the mailbox).

At times I can even go for hours without opening a package, even if it's right there on my desk/bed :D

Bite me.

Altena

canid said:

:*

Ok, I'll be brave and admit it. When it comes to the 2nd edition BG I have been checking my email *ahem* every half hour over the past four days or so hoping to find a shipping confirmation. Not saying I'm impatient though.... ;)

lark

Le Fanu said:
OMG, did you hear that? How? I mean why? I mean, what on earth...
I don't know...I'll have to go make a coffee and think about this deviant behavior.

FaireMaiden

I didn't realize that opening a package was such a drama, *lol*.

Our mail is delivered to the Post Office, of which I go and pick-up a couple times a week. If a package is awaiting me, I always open it right there, so I can throw away the packaging in their trash cans instead of dragging it home to mine, *lol*. If I'm going straight home, I wait until I get home to actually peruse the cards.

But if I'm going to lunch or supper, or heading off to the library, or some such, I will always take the cards in with me and peruse them while I'm eating or whatnot. Do I care what others think? I couldn't care less, *lol*. I'm either reading a book, or looking thru cards, or fiddling with an astrologicial chart at the table.

'Public', to me, only means we're sharing the same 'physical space', NOT the same 'world'.

OctoberGwen

MysticalMoose said:
My Postman knows too. He banged enthusiatically on my door yesterday morning shouting "Are you INNNNN? - its a parcel FROM THE CZECH REPUBLIC!!!!" :D I opened the door & grabbed it that fast I almost yanked him inside with my long awaited Pewters!! - he has even been knows to accost me streets away while I'm out with the dog, shouting, "another box for you Becki!" -

Awesome. Simply awesome. :D

Vesper

Oh, I'm one of those "private openers."

I need to have some quiet, and space and time and the right tools to get my package open. If I'm out where other people are, I don't want to explain what tarot cards are to the unitiated. Or worse, have to hand over my new deck to be admired.

Le Fanu

canid said:
:D

Slap me! I'm so uncontrolled...

So glad I have my own office at work. With door! (hate those democratic open spaces; awful for moments like these when you really want to tear open tarot packages!) I can close and salivate alone...

What can possibly be more important that people leave an unopened deck package on the table? I mean why??? Is it like one of those Japanese endurance TV programmes? What else is there do in life? Eat? I mean, come on...

Alta

This is so much fun. I think that I have a combination of admiration and worry about their mental states for the 'wait-ers'. Okay, I never wait. If I have to go to the Post Office, I open the package there. Mostly it gets delivered in the super-mailbox across the street and I am pulling at the parcel as I walk back to my place. Generally though, to really explore the cards I have to be at least sitting down with a flat surface in front of me. :)

Suriel

I only did once opening a new tarot deck package in a public place.

And that was the Tarot of the Magical Forest, within 10 minutes buying the deck from the bookstore I headed to the hair salon with my friends, and while waiting for my turn to cut my hair, I opened my new tarot deck right there at the barber shop. lol.

One of the hair stylists was actually interested with what I was holding and we exchanged a few words over tarot cards. Hah.

BlueDragonfly

Confession- I was a waiter, then degressed to opening packages in the car before leaving the parking lot.

While I haven't gotten any decks in the mail lately :( , I'm receiving packets of material for the Bride of Frankendecken bag and those get opened and peeked in before I even get out the post office door. :D