Deck of the week group - Week 4 - 27th Aug - 3rd September

Chiska

I must say, when you all talk about the decks you are currently working with (which is, of course, the purpose of this thread) I become strongly tempted to go grab those decks and play with them too. :( I am having a hard time being faithful, although I haven't strayed yet. Why am I so fickle. I am even enjoying my current deck and am having an easier time with it than I expected, yet the voices of other beautiful decks call to me. *sigh* I really like the Sun and Moon, Shadowscapes, and VR decks.

I have been happily playing with the Eclectic and writing in my journal (but have grown lazy in posting). The pip cards having been speaking to me much clearer than I expected. I suppose it is in the pattern the artist drew them that gives me hints to their meanings. I can't believe we will soon be starting on our 5th week. Wow. I never expected to stick with it this long. LIke I said - fickle. :D

You could do it like I have been doing it since the beginning of the year....I use one deck per week for my 3 card daily draws. I use whatever other deck I want to for exchanges or the odd reading here and there. But the 3 card draws each day are ONLY for that one deck. It gives me a chance to use it in a smaller setting, without the stress of having to actually "perform" with a deck I might not like or might not feel confident using for others. I can play with the 3 cards - see what they say, mix them around, play with them... It helps give me a clearer idea about how (or if) I may use the deck in the future.

AJ

Actually AJ - all the information (including the stories) about the cards IS by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law.(pp17-244)

The Introduction to the book is by Barbara Moore. (15 pages)

The only lack of clarity is about who put together the spread details at the end.

Thanks for letting me know. In that case, I really don't think Barbara Moore is well known enough outside Llewellyn circles to rate a name on the front of the book! :)

I too have been enjoying Manda's blog posts on her 'painting on velvet' deck. I didn't think of them like that until she mentioned it.. but of the Dorogi tarot (not sure about that spelling) which is either painted or scratched on black background.

desertrat

You could do it like I have been doing it since the beginning of the year....I use one deck per week for my 3 card daily draws. I use whatever other deck I want to for exchanges or the odd reading here and there. But the 3 card draws each day are ONLY for that one deck. It gives me a chance to use it in a smaller setting, without the stress of having to actually "perform" with a deck I might not like or might not feel confident using for others. I can play with the 3 cards - see what they say, mix them around, play with them... It helps give me a clearer idea about how (or if) I may use the deck in the future.

Oh thank you Chiska for that suggestion. I will probably need to do something similar, otherwise I might give up on the whole project, and I really don't want to. Although I haven't yet read for other people (I don't feel confident enough yet and am very wimpy) I think some day I will screw up the courage to try the newbie reading exchange. I am concerned not just with my ability to read the cards, but also my ability to express what I see in an intelligent manner. Hmm, some day...

NikkiB

Oh thank you Chiska for that suggestion. I will probably need to do something similar, otherwise I might give up on the whole project, and I really don't want to. Although I haven't yet read for other people (I don't feel confident enough yet and am very wimpy) I think some day I will screw up the courage to try the newbie reading exchange. I am concerned not just with my ability to read the cards, but also my ability to express what I see in an intelligent manner. Hmm, some day...

You could always have a little poodle over to our reading circle exchange that is just for this group and have a little exchange which one of us :) ... go on... you know you want to :D :heart: :party:

NikkiB

With regard to deck usage, This is a group for people to come together who want to use a deck for a week, how you do it is up to you, I deliberately didn't want this to be a hard fast rules type of group but more of a meeting place for those of us who want to spend some concentrated time with a deck... but HOW you choose to do that is up to you, this is your research, your experience and your journey... if you use the deck exclusively for your daily draws or for all your readings it's up to you.

I personally an trying to just use the deck of the week for pretty much everything, I did yesterday use my lenomand for a friend who wanted timing and I find lenormand so much better for details like that.. but otherwise have been faithful :D however I did order the Sun and Moon despite promising myself totally that I won't buy another single deck!!!

desertrat

:D however I did order the Sun and Moon despite promising myself totally that I won't buy another single deck!!!

Bah! hahaha! Oh how I love that! The Sun and Moon is a lovely deck. :thumbsup:

desertrat

You could always have a little poodle over to our reading circle exchange that is just for this group and have a little exchange which one of us :) ... go on... you know you want to :D :heart: :party:

Oh alright. Please promise to go gently with me, poor newbie that I am. :D

Tarot Fairy

Yay! Great that you will join us in the exchange scene!! It helped me a lot and I became much more confident!

desertrat

Yay! Great that you will join us in the exchange scene!! It helped me a lot and I became much more confident!

Thank you for the encouragement, Tarot Fairy. :)

I won't have time to try it until Sunday evening, though.

NikkiB

Oh alright. Please promise to go gently with me, poor newbie that I am. :D

Very gentle :D honestly it's very nice and friendly over there! and it's just a circle for the group so you'll be among supportive friends :)