The Cheimonette Tarot

daphne

Thinking from a seller point of view, I think decks sell better than books. Certainly, many people who buy the deck would like the book too, depending on price, their budget, so on.

If you decide for a book I'd like to mention since there are 100s of tarot books out there describing the meaning of cards, seldom these books can offer something new that hasn't been written before. What I see adding value to a tarot book today is -as you mentioned - expanding on your use of symbology and interpretation of the cards, sharing your vision, etc. At least for me, this is the only reason I would still buy a new tarot book. Of course, color pictures are a big attraction too :) if it can be done at a reasonable price.

I totally agree. I rarely buy tarot books anymore, I am interested in the decks. For a tarot book, it has to be indeed extra-special, with a new view, theory, philosophy to spend my money and time.

I saw you have 3 versions for the world card. A nice idea as a stretch goal would be to create some other versions for other cards. I am much more interested in your art and to see more of it is delightful, then a book.

merissa_88

I would want the book. I don't buy tarot books (for example: did not get Hexen 2.0 or Wild Unknown book) either, but your system looks unusual and I like the way you write

cheimonette

I think I'll probably end up doing both! Thanks everyone for the input. I do have a pretty unique and well-articulated philosophy and set of symbolism that is unique to my deck (although the deck does follow the traditional structure of tarot). I'm putting quite a lot into my tarot booklet, and it would be nice to offer people something larger and easier to read, with images.

Maybe I will present it as a large-format art book, with large full-color images that would look lovely on a coffee table, as well as be comfortable to read.

Anyway, I'm up to $14,402! It was a week since I launched today. Given that I have three more weeks of this, maybe I'll be able to do everything! Here's hoping. :)

Also, here's a link to the entire flickr set again. I've got a few more images left to put up, but you can take a look at most of the cards here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/95928354@N06/sets/72157634802521727/

And, of course, here's the Kickstarter link, which I'll just keep posting here until the campaign is over: http://t.co/9NxCLJyQ7i

cheimonette

I spent this week doing image processing on a lot of cards, specifically the disks. My Kickstarter's doing really well! We're up to over 5.5 grand, and it's only half over! I have really high hopes for being able to publish with Cartamundi, which I will need 20K to do. The card quality will be so beautiful and professional- if any of you have friends or family that you think might be interested, please let them know! If I hit 20K, then you can get the best quality deck!

Anyway, here's some of my disks cards. This suit is nested—I mean, you can see the previous card (with a transformation or two) inside the next card. The suit keeps on scaling outward so that every card is absorbed into the next one. I think this creates a really interesting dynamic in the meaning of the suit; when I have done readings with my deck, and two disks cards pop up, it makes a really fascinating relationship. Which card is within the other? How has it changed and why?

So, see for yourself! I'm including the ace through five, in order:

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 77
  • D2.jpg
    D2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 74
  • D3.jpg
    D3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 72
  • D4.jpg
    D4.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 71
  • D5.jpg
    D5.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 76

theboomz

Beautiful

D3 and D5 are my favorite.

cheimonette

Thank you! More coming! :)

Alta

I like that a lot. This will make it a good reading deck.

Mellaenn

Anyway, here's some of my disks cards. This suit is nested—I mean, you can see the previous card (with a transformation or two) inside the next card. The suit keeps on scaling outward so that every card is absorbed into the next one. I think this creates a really interesting dynamic in the meaning of the suit; when I have done readings with my deck, and two disks cards pop up, it makes a really fascinating relationship. Which card is within the other? How has it changed and why?
Wow!

As many wonderful decks that come out every year, it's been a long time since I saw a deck that was so different in such a wonderfully creative way yet still true to the spirit of tarot; a deck that made me go "Wow"! I love, love, love this concept. I think this will make a wonderful teaching deck as well. I teach a monthly tarot class so I'm always looking for new ways to teach creatively. Go you! :thumbsup:

cheimonette

Thank you so much!! I'm in the process of writing the accompanying booklet about the card meanings, and I'm hoping people will be as interested in the concepts as they are in the artwork.

I love the idea of my deck being used in your monthly tarot class!

QueenPen

Very nice! Love the colors and imagery!