How do you know when your deck is reflecting your fears from the truth?

ravenest

Another way of telling if we MIGHT be coming from another unclear space and add our stuff to a reading is especially when we loose stability of the intellect and become overly emotional. Then all sorts of things can happen and clarity be clouded.

Especially when it is our own emotional issue we are reading about? How many threads here about that ... a continual reading about a love issue as the other readings didnt quiet deliver the desired result.

So, for a start, I would suggest not reading for yourself in these circumstances. get a friend to do the reading - maybe even dont tell them the issues?

It's also the general character ... if some one seems a 'bit strange' or 'off' or imagining things for no reason, etc. might be best to wait until they get a bit clearer ?

re-pete-a

I agree with RAVENEST about the concept of restraint of the emotions..as well as enlisting the help of another that is not entangled in that department or situation...not necessarily suppressing them...delaying is OK.

That quiet place of NO MIND does not and cannot exist if it holds those types of feelings... Those are attempts to protect or control any given situation...an aftereffect.

When FEEL is suggested it is not FEELINGS....Feelings are an afterthought ...First the meal , then the appraisals

IE: standing on a nail, pricking the finger or receive a sudden jolt...This is FEEL...in the instant moment... These just happen...

Then the feelings arrive, to make sense of it all and to reason with the Ego about losing or retaining or protecting the control.... REASONING it into order..back into control...

Hence E-motions.

FEEL the breath pass the nostrils...now describe it

BE cannot be described...it can only BE..
Being spiritual is not the path or any path....It's an act...the associated feelings are reconstructions ..

BE happy
BE spiritual.
BE a tarot reader.
BE IN the place where Tarot happens.

The more you BE, the better the readings... FEEL the cards not think them..doubts enter ...to try to break that connection...Hence TRUST generates faith ...FEARS destroy it.

MandMaud

Being spiritual is not the path or any path....It's an act...the associated feelings are reconstructions ..

The more you BE, the better the readings... FEEL the cards not think them..doubts enter ...to try to break that connection...Hence TRUST generates faith ...FEARS destroy it.

I think the original question was about *how* to Simply Be.

For someone new to it, someone who has (as almost all of us have) grown up in and lived in modern society, which mistakes thinking around a subject for understanding it - it's not obvious how to begin. It's not even obvious which way you need to move, let alone which first step to take in that direction. In fact it's not even self-evident that a move is needed, to someone who lives within modern society and its assumptions about awareness.

@etherealtarot, do correct me if I've mistaken what you were requesting.

I'm glad that there are more and more opportunities in modern society to step out of the mechanistic assumptions and begin to connect with Being, I mean connecting with ourself, with the universe, meditating, mindfulness, whatever terms (and practices) we choose to use for it. I'm very glad that such opportunities have appeared in my life and over the years I've been drawn further and further in this direction. Because that has been my path, I know what you're getting at. :) But don't forget that someone to whom this is new (I'm not assuming that's the OP or anyone else, but everyone on AT could be reading and wanting to learn from this thread!) - someone to whom this is new will not understand any of what we say if the metaphor we use doesn't join up with things they already understand.

I know this because I remember a long period of being advised, by lots of different people, "not to overthink" my own questions. And the advice meant nothing to me. I believed my mind kept thinking regardless of what I wanted it to do, and I believed that focusing on something meant thinking about it. This is why when teaching we have to use words - the vehicle of the conscious mind and inadequate for conveying what we're talking about - because teaching (especially over the internet) has to use explaining as well as, often instead of, demonstrating.

Back to my early steps away from overthinking and towards intuiting: for me, one of the first things I could do confidently was knowing when something was *not* right. I couldn't, in those days, know "This is it!", especially when it mattered to me. But I realised that I eliminate some possible answers because I knew "This ISN'T it!" Maybe, Etherealtarot, concentrate on that?

And generally, noticing your reactions, just being conscious of how you respond, will help - and a step towards that can be consciously asking yourself what your reaction is (as part of your checklist of what to do when interpreting the cards ;)). Without trying to tell if it's "got it right". For starters. :)

re-pete-a

Information is not knowledge...Knowledge cannot be given away...it must be earned and paid for via personal efforts and in most cases being willing to experience the discomforts of changes and the usual depressions associated with the process of change...

Elizabeth Kubler -Ross came up with an interesting process of change....

Denial...anger...bargaining...depression...acceptance...

The original post on this thread is a perfect example of denial as to the cards meanings...followed by the anger expressed by posting the problem...The threads intent was to bargain the reading away...and hopefully, finally accepting the information that this thread has supplied...

That about covers the process of high school as well...

Ain't learnin' fun !

MandMaud

Information is not knowledge...
My point exactly.

Knowledge cannot be given away...it must be earned and paid for via personal efforts
Alternatively, received with gratitude from the ever-loving universe.

Elizabeth Kubler -Ross came up with an interesting process of change....

Denial...anger...bargaining...depression...acceptance...
I don't agree that *all* change is bereavement, but we can agree to disagree. :)

The original post on this thread is a perfect example of denial as to the cards meanings...
Aha, *this* gives me the missing piece I needed to understand the angle you're coming from. Something was "told" (conveyed) which led to Etherealtarot's instinctive "This can't be true". Now, there are two possibilities:
A. that it is true, and she's in denial;
B. that it is not, and her fears have been expressed in the cards.

Without knowing whether it is in fact true or not, we can't tell which of these was happening.

I admit I assumed B, and it looks like you based your replies on A.

If it was a reading of my own, I would probably sleep on it and do a new reading, with a differently-tailored question (never the same question!), to try and get the topic clearer for myself. Or ask someone else whose judgment or reading abilities I trusted. Or else, which is a harder way but also less likely to give objectivity, test both possibilities to destruction: assume the answer is A, and examine every side of it, then assume B and do the same - one will contradict itself eventually. ... Or, of course, bring the question to this forum to get others' views. :)

followed by the anger expressed by posting the problem...The threads intent was to bargain the reading away...
Personally I picked up no anger in the original post, and now it's been suggested, I still can't see it. And I don't think any of us is in a position to declare on the thread's intent, since the intending was in Etherealtarot's mind, not ours. (Though I do think bargaining a reading away would be more easily done without inviting all and sundry in to comment on one's interpretation.)

Can you give us any more insight, Etherealtarot?

etherealtarot

My point exactly.

I don't agree that *all* change is bereavement, but we can agree to disagree. :)

Aha, *this* gives me the missing piece I needed to understand the angle you're coming from. Something was "told" (conveyed) which led to Etherealtarot's instinctive "This can't be true". Now, there are two possibilities:
A. that it is true, and she's in denial;
B. that it is not, and her fears have been expressed in the cards.

Without knowing whether it is in fact true or not, we can't tell which of these was happening.

I admit I assumed B, and it looks like you based your replies on A.

If it was a reading of my own, I would probably sleep on it and do a new reading, with a differently-tailored question (never the same question!), to try and get the topic clearer for myself. Or ask someone else whose judgment or reading abilities I trusted. Or else, which is a harder way but also less likely to give objectivity, test both possibilities to destruction: assume the answer is A, and examine every side of it, then assume B and do the same - one will contradict itself eventually. ... Or, of course, bring the question to this forum to get others' views. :)

Personally I picked up no anger in the original post, and now it's been suggested, I still can't see it. And I don't think any of us is in a position to declare on the thread's intent, since the intending was in Etherealtarot's mind, not ours. (Though I do think bargaining a reading away would be more easily done without inviting all and sundry in to comment on one's interpretation.)

Can you give us any more insight, Etherealtarot?

I've began to stop looking through most of the threads after I post them now. It seems like a lot of people have negative things to say about me which makes me think I'm better off this site..

But to give more insight, Mandmaud, I initially made this thread because I genuinely wanted to hear other people's opinions. It was not because I didn't want my reading to come true. I know everything happens for a reason even if I may not understand it at the present moment. When asking for the outcome about a situation I was having with a friend.. I got the Three of Swords.

A very scary card. Of course I didn't want it to be real. Let's be honest, who would? I thought that we would break up before we even started. However, that wasn't the case at all. This card was indeed representing my fears... Exactly the way I thought it was.

I spoke to my friend the same day I posted this thread. Things went extremely well and I was happy. It was a really good day! I didn't need to worry at all :)

ravenest

I've began to stop looking through most of the threads after I post them now. It seems like a lot of people have negative things to say about me which makes me think I'm better off this site..

What about what they have tried to say about me ? :bugeyed: I try to offer some advise that is on the side of caution and anyone would think I am some type of ... well, whatever it was I was supposed to be doing ??? Disagreeing with someone I suppose and that made them attack ?

I detected no anger from you at all, neither did Mandmaud even though re-pete-a does ... I guess all that talk about pointing fingers at other people backfired.

So please dont feel disparaged or driven off.

But to give more insight, Mandmaud, I initially made this thread because I genuinely wanted to hear other people's opinions. It was not because I didn't want my reading to come true. I know everything happens for a reason even if I may not understand it at the present moment. When asking for the outcome about a situation I was having with a friend.. I got the Three of Swords.

You arent the only one that has this ... many times I have seen and heard people draw a card and go "WHAAAT! What is that doing there?" Or even abuse the Tarot :laugh: it might take a second look, or longer or even a few days or .... sometimes the cards (or us) just seem muddled and one wants to throw up the hands and walk away (like some of us have felt about certain threads sometimes).

I would say its natural and occasionally happens. I am weary about people who are 100% sure about themselves ... or anything.

A very scary card. Of course I didn't want it to be real. Let's be honest, who would? I thought that we would break up before we even started. However, that wasn't the case at all. This card was indeed representing my fears... Exactly the way I thought it was.

So .... it took a while to get a clearer message, nothing wrong with that. I have been reading over 30 years ... sometimes it takes me a while to get a clearer message.

I see it as a normal dynamic with no anger or anything else in it .... sometimes people will project their ideas into one's own posts and even misinterpret what was said and then criticise ... not what you said, but they believe is being said ... anyway;

I spoke to my friend the same day I posted this thread. Things went extremely well and I was happy. It was a really good day! I didn't need to worry at all :)

:) ... and " If I didn't speak up, I'd still be in the same messy situation." (#10)

Resolve with a reading isnt always instant. Glad it turned out good.

re-pete-a

That sort of information does not arrive without prior conditioning...

re-pete-a

Don't be put off by 'ol farts like me delving into the makeup of threads...It's a method I use to dig into myself to get to the base of whats behind the exposed outer....

Keep your chin up and keep going... all here have to deal with negatives that keep popping up picking at our exposed carcasses...Some are vultures sometimes and doves at other times...That's what makes us ,us...

Acceptance is the final stage of change...hopefully you will accept my apologies and accept that others and myself are sometimes way off the mark... We too are prone to the 5 stages of changes...

DON'T GIVE UP !

olivia1

I'm not sure if my question makes sense. But I know when people aren't in the right frame of mind, tarot picks up on how we feel opposed to what is true.

How do you know when your deck is reflecting you? I just got a card and I said "This can't be true." especially because of my current situation. But it exactly represents my fears.

Should I trust my first thought?

I know it's soo scary! I never know if I'm just picking up on my fears or if others are just picking up on my wishes or fears. From experience, I learned only time can tell... If I'm ever brave enough to trust in the cards and go with what they say