How do you know when your deck is reflecting your fears from the truth?

MandMaud

By the way, when I see the Nine of Cups at first, I don't consider it a "good card" I don't see it as a card of wishes coming true. I see it as someone not being aware of all the good things around them and focusing on what little thing they think could make them happy. Unaware of all the other filled cups.
I like that one!

This is one of the cards that for me still flits between a few meanings, not comfortably settled in any one. (The 3S is another that still does that! also the 2W and 3W and the Chariot.) With these I start with a muddle, then progress to settling on a meaning, intellectually, but not "really" (I mean within myself) - I expect that is a question of time passing - and the 9C is at that intellectually-settled stage. The keyword stage, I suppose!

That waffly introduction was to say, as a comparison, that my take on the 9 of Cups is being satisfied, happy to have got what we wanted (wished for - encompassing the "wish" nickname) but without recognising that there is a better level, which is getting more than we wanted. Glad, but because our imagination is narrower than that of the universe, potentially missing out on something far better. Then the 10C is that next step (but the flipside of the 10 is compacency - at least I think so, that may develop to something more subtle as my learning progresses!).

Anyway my point is, thank you for that summary of your own 9C, because it helps me. :)

Oh no, I wrote another short novel in a post. Not again!!!
ROTFL I do that *all* the time! Lately it's been in a money-management forum where I'm sure people don't really want to know my entire life history ;) but it just happens, doesn't it? Great that we have such enthusiasm and so much to contribute. At least that's how I determinedly choose to see it. :D

SweetSiren

Reminded me of something that works for me: when sitting quietly - if in that state where you would appear "quiet and still" to someone else, but inwardly you're not - I address the separate parts of me and command them to return to this body that I'm sitting in.

I'll say (silently or not, depending on what feels ok): "Friend-of-J MandMaud, come back to this body. Mother-of-G MandMaud, come back to this body. Bored MandMaud who keeps thinking about going to Italy, come back to this body. MandMaud who needs to remember to send that email, come back to this body." Giving each me some time to come back, and waiting until I'm sure she is. Then after the ones that were obvious, waiting a bit and checking if there are any more out there. Sometimes I'm scattered in a dozen places, with different people, or into different times of my life (childhood, last week's conversation, next year's plans) or different parts of the world (remembered, hoped-for-one-day, dreams I've had, etc). If a part of the body is painful, I may add, "MandMaud with the sore knee, that knee is sore at the moment and that's ok, so come back to this body."

It doesn't always take much time, occasionally can be quite a long list and a longish wait for each. If one of you is reluctant to come back, maybe tell her she's safe to leave whatever she's busy with, it's on hold for the duration of this quiet time. Sometimes I need to speak to the person she's looking after, tell them they're ok for the time being and if they still need her afterwards, she can return.

I find it helps also to think about the body I'm inviting the MandMaud's into, to be conscious of the fabric beneath me and the muscles' warmth etc. Not with any effort to relax the body, just awareness (nothing worse for centring than trying hard to release tension!).

May be worth a try, if getting centred is the trouble. A healer friend suggested this to me and I have found it a great help.

This is amazing! I have a very similar way of collecting myself, but this is much more articulate and puts a face to what is being turned over and over in our minds. Awesome, thanks for sharing.

re-pete-a

But I guess you will have something to say about academic research as well?

We are being called to explore the world itself as an interface between power and wisdom. Imagine a flowering of what could be. The future will be a spatial maturing of passion.

walking the same path , this race is doomed to repeat it's past

academics have been around for thousands of years...Humans with these academics haven't changed one iota in thousands of years...There is no likely change ahead to the human race's mentality, no matter how many academics get together ...something else is needed...something that the race as a whole, at this moment, cannot resolve...

the cessation of fears and pride...

yet these attributes are the hidden ingredients that drive the academics on....as well as the general populace... which is talked about throughout this thread ...

ravenest

You seem to be saying above that fear and pride are the hidden ingredients which drive the general populace and that there is no likely change ahead and we cant resolve it.

So, if one of these general populace happens to be a Tarot reader ? ... It appears their 'drives' of fear and pride, not resolving or not changing could influence their 'intuitive input' and hence project their fear and pride into the reading.

Now you have gone WAY beyond MY position throughout this thread. I am not saying this happens with the general populace , I am saying one needs to be able to discern that some (who are not clear themselves) may not be able to give a clear objective reading ... but a 'disturbed' state (inner or outer) may affect their 'intuitive' ability when reading cards - which you appeared to have agreed with above @ your post #32

But now you appear to have 'done a 180', taking my observation way beyond what I did and to be stating that the general populace (hence the general reader) does it all the time. ? ? ?

I can't agree with that one.

re-pete-a

the only effective answer to any Ego is silence...

ravenest

Thats just what people say when they CANT answer (usually because they were caught in a self contradiction ;) )

re-pete-a

how odd...... you did not know that perspective even existed.

welcome, to your own unchanged, unchecked, future.

carry on...as usual

ravenest

I said that as before you seemed to have no trouble answering 'an ego' but now the best response is silence?

But then you respond anyway ... and with a judgement about what I do (which you know nothing of) and where I am going. Something you seem to be fond of, with other members too.

That usually indicates the topic is ended .... when someone cant respond properly and starts hurling accusations and judgements at the other .

So I wont be responding to any more silly posts in this thread or play tit for tat with you.