Tarot at Walmart?

Grizabella

Since when did Walmart start selling Tarot decks? Do they actually stock the decks in their stores or is that just online?

Metafizzypop

Since when did Walmart start selling Tarot decks? Do they actually stock the decks in their stores or is that just online?

Walmart is tarot's best kept secret :). I bought my Universal Fantasy from them online a couple of years ago, but I went to the store to pick it up. There's a WalMart not far from me. But I have never seen any tarot decks for sale in the actual store. AFAIK, they only sell tarot on line. But their site has a lot of good decks, and good prices, too. I was impressed. I check them out periodically to see what's new.

Grizabella

How awesome! I'm going to check with them every so often then. Live and learn, just like the old saying goes, huh?

Barleywine

I went to take a look but was definitely underwhelmed. They had a handful of good decks, but . . . $45 for the Deviant Moon (with borders, I believe) that I can buy at Amazon borderless for just over $17? I can get three decks for the price of one Walmart offering. The standard RWS is $41. Ouch! Maybe you have to catch a clearance sale. The decks aren't sold directly by Walmart, it's someplace called unbeatable.com. Besides, my wife would shoot me if I shop at the "Evil Empire" :D

The fun thing was trying guess which department they would put tarot decks under. Hmm . . . of course it would have to be "Pretend Play and Dress Up." Yep, 22 listed there.

Grizabella

Sheesh! I didn't look at any prices. The assumption with Walmart is that everything there is cheaper, but obviously not Tarot.

Metafizzypop

The RWS is $10 USD.

celticnoodle

wow! I shop online at walmart a lot--but never thought of tarot cards there. I'll go soon and check it out. thanks for this thread!

AJ

I'm guessing Barleywine's location has the most to do with the prices?

rwcarter

I've bought decks from Walmart online, but it's been about 5 years.

Harperhaven

I've bought a couple decks thru Walmart online....Druidcraft and RWS. They both were about the same price as Amazon but Amazon was out of stock at the time of my purchase so I ordered thru Walmart who has free shipping to a local store. I'm not a huge Walmart fan but I now at least check their prices!