Unreadable

Nemia

That's what I tried to suggest, that you use the cards in a mechanical way, and that you reached the depth you can reach that way. You didn't exactly respond with understanding, that's fine. But I still think that's your problem. Shallow approach, shallow results.

Farzon

I think my reason for using tarot is just as valid as anyone else's. Who is to say my way or anyone else's is wrong? Isn't it my own time that im investing and my own energy I'm expending.

This sounds like hard work to me... like a terribly unrelaxed approach to the Tarot. [emoji25]
Did you never read out of joy or, even if this sounds shallow, too, out of fun?
My problems with reading always occurred when I got too obsessed about the results and missed the fun-part.

olivia1

This sounds like hard work to me... like a terribly unrelaxed approach to the Tarot. [emoji25]
Did you never read out of joy or, even if this sounds shallow, too, out of fun?
My problems with reading always occurred when I got too obsessed about the results and missed the fun-part.

Yeah I loved reading tarot. In the past, I could go for hours just talking about readings and analyzing each position and the cards drawn. I even had books on tarot and would journal what I thought the cards were trying to say and what actually ended up happening. I was so into tarot that I even made reading cards my profession and when I wasn't reading others for work or fun, I was studying and discussing cards with like minded people. I didn't rack up thousands of AT posts by being indifferent to tarot. Slowly I made tarot less of a focal point in my life. Now I just do them as a way to pass time or as a common hobby with friends. Now they don't work for me for some odd reason. I obviously still WANT them to work for me and to feel excited about tarot again or I would've just thrown out my cards, found a new hobby, and not even bothered with this thread

I suppose the only thing I can do is what others have suggested and that's to take a break for a bit then hope they start working for me like they once did. Or buy a new deck.

dancing_moon

Personally, I don't see anything wrong in doing Tarot for purely predictive worldly-affair readings. But, again personally, I've never been able to do positionless 3-card spreads for those, especially if they're yes/no questions. My mind requires some kind of structure to read the cards properly, and as I don't use reversed cards in my readings, it's especially important to structure up both the questions and the spreads I use.

For yes/no questions, I love this method. For other questions, I like to have some basic structure, like past/present/future or me/relationship/them, especially when I'm reading with illustrated-Minor decks. Those, in my opinion, are used best with positioned spreads. For TdMs, I use more relaxed structures and larger spreads. But it took me quite a bit of experimenting to arrive at those - and they keep evolving!

Maybe, you could try something new, regardless of what worked in the past. Hope you can find you way back into trusting and loving Tarot. ;)

olivia1

Personally, I don't see anything wrong in doing Tarot for purely predictive worldly-affair readings. But, again personally, I've never been able to do positionless 3-card spreads for those, especially if they're yes/no questions. My mind requires some kind of structure to read the cards properly, and as I don't use reversed cards in my readings, it's especially important to structure up both the questions and the spreads I use.

For yes/no questions, I love this method. For other questions, I like to have some basic structure, like past/present/future or me/relationship/them, especially when I'm reading with illustrated-Minor decks. Those, in my opinion, are used best with positioned spreads. For TdMs, I use more relaxed structures and larger spreads. But it took me quite a bit of experimenting to arrive at those - and they keep evolving!

Maybe, you could try something new, regardless of what worked in the past. Hope you can find you way back into trusting Tarot. ;)

Thanks DM
You know I don't use reversals either so maybe I should use spreads with positions as you suggested. Thank you for shAring the yes or no spread. Can't wait to try it... Yes maybe it's the lack of structure that's the problem

Farzon

Yeah I loved reading tarot. In the past, I could go for hours just talking about readings and analyzing each position and the cards drawn. I even had books on tarot and would journal what I thought the cards were trying to say and what actually ended up happening. I was so into tarot that I even made reading cards my profession and when I wasn't reading others for work or fun, I was studying and discussing cards with like minded people. I didn't rack up thousands of AT posts by being indifferent to tarot. Slowly I made tarot less of a focal point in my life. Now I just do them as a way to pass time of as a common hobby with friends. Now they don't work for me for some odd reason. I obviously still WANT them to work for me and to feel excited about tarot again or I would've just thrown out my cards, found a new hobby, and not even bothered with this thread
I see... I'm coming from the Zen-influenced corner of spirituality, so I think a problem can show up of we get obsessed by the want to achieve something. You have much more experience than me, but I would advise you to do it as a hobby only. If you loose the wish to get the cards to work, they will work without any further effort. As soon as you really want your desire to vanish, the first step is done! [emoji1]

olivia1

I see... I'm coming from the Zen-influenced corner of spirituality, so I think a problem can show up of we get obsessed by the want to achieve something. You have much more experience than me, but I would advise you to do it as a hobby only. If you loose the wish to get the cards to work, they will work without any further effort. As soon as you really want your desire to vanish, the first step is done! [emoji1]

That is an interesting idea and I think you might be onto something. Kind of like when you lose something then when you stop looking, you end up finding it. Maybe my desire of wanting the cards to work again for me is preventing them from working. I like the way you think

Nineveh

I'm starting to see more and more threads like these. My ( and I stress the word 'my') answer to your question is that it's not you; it's spiritual. I used to keep a journal of readings I had received from others. I kept the journals for years only to see if the cards were right. The readings weren't always predictive but either way 98% were off. Even here I've received readings from people who usually provide excellent readings. Lately, the readings have been completely off. I'd follow up for an update a week later only to have the cards give a reading completely opposite from the first.

I no longer have any faith in tarot cards (should never have). It's become more like a game of jacks for me.

olivia1

I'm starting to see more and more threads like these. My ( and I stress the word 'my') answer to your question is that it's not you; it's spiritual. I used to keep a journal of readings I had received from others. I kept the journals for years only to see if the cards were right. The readings weren't always predictive but either way 98% were off. Even here I've received readings from people who usually provide excellent readings. Lately, the readings have been completely off. I'd follow up for an update a week later only to have the cards give a reading completely opposite from the first.

I no longer have any faith in tarot cards (should never have). It's become more like a game of jacks for me.

Spiritual? Like how so? Like our spirit has outgrown it and it's time for a new journey?

And yeah sadly I'm starting to lose faith. I don't totally disbelieve it because I've seen it work but I just kind of wonder if it'll ever work for me again

Nineveh

Spiritual? Like how so? Like our spirit has outgrown it and it's time for a new journey?

And yeah sadly I'm starting to lose faith. I don't totally disbelieve it because I've seen it work but I just kind of wonder if it'll ever work for me again

Spirits send messages through the cards. There are other spirits that have nothing to do with tarot, Godly spirits. I believe that when major transformations and events are about to manifest God prevents spirits of the tarot in their ability to "see" our life's path for various reasons. A lot of people seek tarot to prevent or combat conflict. Sometimes conflict or whatever is necessary for our own growth as individuals. If I had always known the answers, always saw conflict approaching (and ran or done something to circumvent the conflict) I wouldn't be the person I am today. I'd still be shy, passive, and a weak person who fears adversity. Each battle fought and every "goliath" I've faced gave me strength and character...