A haunted doll that deals your tarot cards for you?

Zephyros

Unfortunately these kinds of people have always been around. Even the Bible speaks of "false prophets."

Padma

What a cool little dragon! I want one! I'm gonna get that ring. *runs to the kitchen and empties the penny jar*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

While the phrase is equally apt no matter who said it, the clarification is most appreciated. :)

I looked it up on Wiki - somehow I just felt Barnum himself didn't say it. Oh, how I love Google! :joke:

EmpressArwen

ALL the porcelain dolls look haunted to me. This one probably smokes or something, that's why it's so cheap :p

HAhaha! Now THAT is something I would pay $30 to own. A haunted doll with a bad menthol habit. Priceless!

Padma

Unfortunately these kinds of people have always been around. Even the Bible speaks of "false prophets."

That's cause the people who believe in them have always been around, too...!

EmpressArwen

As a rabid riffle shuffler, I find your statement deeply insulting, and, in the spirit of the politically correct world, demand you immediately apologize and cease and desist in your insensitivities!!!

Back to the doll, what does it mean to "manipulate" tarot cards? I am confused and intrigued :)
I do see how it can raise your self awareness, though. After purchasing said doll, I can hear it now..."Boy, mom and dad were right, I am an idiot..."

Amen! Riffle shuffling is really the only way. I shuffle cards like I'm dealing for a blackjack tournament. It gets my energy moving. lol

EmpressArwen

Perhaps this was the influence? Some buy haunted houses on purpose.

http://theunexplainedmysteries.com/Annabelle-The-Haunted-Doll.html

Did you READ this? oh.my.god. I find dolls to be creepy regardless but one dude wrote that they had been "tracking her movements around the house". what.the.frickitey.frick. They "treat her like their child". They buy her gifts. I'm freaked out. My old teddy bears are going to be super pissed when they hear about this. I have NEVER bought them a present.

Seriously. Some doll starts cruisin around my house, I'm moving.

**whoops I was on a different link...this one http://www.hdparanormal.com/testimonials.html

Zephyros

That's cause the people who believe in them have always been around, too...!

I am very careful when it comes to "victim blaming" in these issues, considering I read fortunes off little pieces of paper. In some ways I actually am a sucker, I really can't put on airs and say that reading Tarot is any better or worse than any other faith-based activity.

Padma

I am very careful when it comes to "victim blaming" in these issues, considering I read fortunes off little pieces of paper. In some ways I actually am a sucker, I really can't put on airs and say that reading Tarot is any better or worse than any other faith-based activity.

:confused: sorry if my tongue in cheek humour was taken as victim-blaming! Not at all my intention there...!

Yelell

The bid on the doll got cancelled. *cry.*
Some joker bid $800?

Bid retraction and cancellation history
Cancelled: US $800.00
Bid: Sep-20-15 15:09:01 PDT
Cancelled: Sep-23-15 05:55:09 PDT​

As for these auctions, if it's all fun and games, the sellers make a couple dollars telling a fanciful story and the buyers spend some disposable money on entertainment - no harm done. I hate the idea of people actually believing some of these claims and spending real money thinking they are true (I have an aunt who really believes those infomercials that sorta look like actual news programs.) Still, anyone who buys this particular doll is not seriously looking for a miracle cure or something.