Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 218 : October 3 - October 9

RiverRunsDeep

This is an ongoing question for me, too. I'm far more forthcoming about my issues now that I'm older and more inclined to post about them because I recognize that my experience can be helpful simply by virtue of naming it. Plus the older I get the more I realize that my issues aren't really mine at all, kind of a generic human ownership. For me times not to post are when wounds feel too tender to share, or when I'm in the middle of the process, or when seeds need more of the nourishing darkness to grow a bit before being exposed to the light of the manifest.

Your plan for a handwritten shadow journal combined with online general work sounds like just the right balance.

You expressed this so beautifully! And your words have reinforced my decision, because I am definitely in a place of tender wounds and seeds in need of nourishing darkness.

My Oracle of Shadows doesn't come with any recommended spreads, so I made one up and posted the results in the Oracle Readings thread. Ironically, it ended up being a bit of general shadow work.

Madrigal

"when seeds need more of the nourishing darkness to grow a bit before being exposed to the light to manifest". Madrigal, that really strikes me this morning. The way you express nourishing darkness in the process of manifestation is beautifully put!

You expressed this so beautifully! And your words have reinforced my decision, because I am definitely in a place of tender wounds and seeds in need of nourishing darkness.

Wishing you both blessings and support as you journey through the shadow lands.

Michellehihi

I have a question and please bear with me I am a beginner: what is shadow work? I have a feeling it has to do with looking at areas in your life where you suffer... does it have other aspects? other ramifications? Thank you all in advance for further explanation.

Michellehihi

I have just ordered this book to answer my own question:

Tarot Shadow Work: Using the Dark Symbols to Heal

has someone read it? Any comments?

Madrigal

I have a question and please bear with me I am a beginner: what is shadow work? I have a feeling it has to do with looking at areas in your life where you suffer... does it have other aspects? other ramifications? Thank you all in advance for further explanation.

Shadow work likely means different things to different people. Jung's theories on and approach to the shadow are complex, compelling and ultimately very encouraging. Through dreams, active imagination, painting, writing, moving and therapy one works to bring the shadow into conscious awareness. In Tarot shadow work one is using the cards to work with uncharted areas of the psyche as a means towards integrating those areas, bringing more light i.e. awareness to them.

I have just ordered this book to answer my own question:

Tarot Shadow Work: Using the Dark Symbols to Heal

has someone read it? Any comments?

This is an excellent book for this work. It will provide you with a good container for exploring the shadow.

VGimlet

New thread for the week is here.

Wow, that was a fast week. Almost posted this yesterday - vacation has my brain all scrambled as to what day of the week it is, hah.

sweetcherise13

Thank you for your support Madrigal!
VGimlet: The week did fly by very fast, no doubt! It's funny how there are times that I wish I could ask the Universe to just slow things down a bit! I really enjoyed working with the Shaman Wisdom deck though and it brought to light some greatly needed advice throughout the week leading me in to uncharted territory!
It also let me realize that I may have too much on my plate at one time so I believe I will take a week off of the DOTW and be back in the next one..