Can one actually improve intuition by exercises?

pacificwaters

I read a couple of days ago somewhere on the net that there are exercises to improve your intuition for bettering Tarot reading skills.

They mentioned exercises such as Full Moon meditation etc. What is this? Can someone please elaborate??

And are there really such activities through which you can improve your intuition? Which are the other activities?

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Grizabella

Practice, practice, practice with reading the cards. Then learn to see the message of the cards in groups rather than just a string of separate card meanings.

And did I say "practice, practice, practice"? :p

I've never done well with those exercises that are supposed to improve on intuition and psychic ability. They usually show me to be a hopeless case. I do well with Tarot and other cards, though. I've found that the more I use the cards, the better I get with recognizing what they're trying to say.

danieljuk

Griz is definitely right, just using your intuition and trusting your feeling or a message about a card in a reading is a powerful way of improving and opening up to your intuition! I honestly feel that I locked my intuition away and chained it up and by coming to Tarot I let it free and it has opened all kinds of new things for me! I think divination and regularly using it / listening to it is the #1 way.

After that you can do meditations and exercises. Getting deep into meditations where you can quiet the mind and speak to it and fully explore it is also a good way! I don't know what the full moon meditation is though but anything where you are quiet and quiet daily life from your mind and listen to your intuition is something that builds it!

ravenest

An increase in and wide range of input and experience - since that is what intuition is based on an increase in that - will increase your intuition .

Barleywine

I've found that the freely intuitive associations I've drawn from the cards' imagery, reinforced over a very long period of time (yes, practice, practice, practice), have boosted my instinctive grasp of their more peripheral messages in almost any situation. I call it going into "soft-focus" mode, where you don't pursue logical expression of a card's significance, you let seemingly random hints and suggestions "seep in around the edges." This is a wonderfully fluid approach - usually delivered in metaphorical terms - when both I and the sitter are drawing a blank in a more literal sense. Sometimes I see them immediately, but I usually start the reading in a more structured way, with a conventional "story-line" narrative and come back to the more imaginative stuff as a way to fill in the gaps. This "sharpens your chops" because you are challenged to integrate the inspired "fringe" material with the more mainstream body of information already presented, in a creative way.

Michael Sternbach

Intuitive and psychic abilities can be trained.

I recommend the Silva Mind Control seminar, in particular.

Barleywine

Intuitive and psychic abilities can be trained.

I recommend the Silva Mind Control seminar, in particular.

I've heard about that program, I think it's been around for a while. But why spend money on something that really should be an engrossing and gratifying life's work? (Unless, I suppose, you want to use it to make more money quickly.)

RiverRunsDeep

Hmm, have never heard of the Full Moon meditation. IMHO, any type of regular meditation practice will help you to get in touch with your intuition; meditation draws your focus inward, which is where your inner voice and guidance come from. If you are not sure where to begin, I would recommend trying a guided meditation; there are many useful CDs and phone apps available.

I also recommend a book (which was recommended to me by a fellow ATer), "You Are Psychic", by Debra Lynn Katz. The book has several excellent visualization exercises which I have found helpful with improving intuition.

Disa

Intuition can be improved by exercises, I think.

I quite liked Sonia Choquette's book, The Psychic Pathway http://www.amazon.com/Psychic-Pathway-Workbook-Reawakening-Voice/dp/0517884070/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

I didn't really do all the exercises, but I think they would be helpful. She also has a book called Trust your vibes.

Everyone may not like her, but I like her writing style and no nonsense apporach. (well, there was some nonsense, but you know- some people might like that :) )

Every psychic person I ever spoke to would always tell me meditation is the key- and Guess what, it really is. I don't spend nearly enough time these days meditating, but I can tell my intuition increases- or at least I'm more aware of it when I'm doing meditation on a regular basis. Anything that gets your mind away from random thoughts will increase your intuition- taking a walk or other exercise, listening to calming music(for me it's native american flute or drum music with no words)