Psychic Fair - any advice?

TemperanceAngel

Great comments already!!

Eat a good meal before you get there, as you may get real busy.

Lots and lots and lots of water.

Time management.

Have fun, you will meet amazing people!!!!!!

Al Si'ra

I love psychic fairs..i have been a querant..and as a querant i would probably like to see the price most importantly..you know..the price could be pretty provocative..i know that i have walked away from a reader just because the price was not written and they were too busy to ask..and i just sat and had a reading because the price sounded good so i gave them a try..

good luck and please tell us how it went :)

:love:
xx

memries

Good Luck Sue .. I am sure you will be wonderful ! I would go to you hands down !

satinangel

You've received a ton of great ideas! I second the water issue...lots of water!

A few other things I've found handy...breath mints, tissues, hand sanitizer, a timer of some sort...not a noisy one though...those can be annoying.

Rest well the day before, have a plan for dinner in place, just in case you don't feel like cooking after the fair.

You'll do GREAT!!!

~SatinAngel~

DarkElectric

Hi Sue :)
For faire work, I recommend all of the above suggestions, as well as, ground and shield, ground and shield, GROUND AND SHIELD!!!!!!

I realise that you probably do this anyway, but when working a faire, you might want to put some extra "Oomph!" into your shielding.
You will be:

Working in a spiritually 'active' spot.

Working in an environment with many different folks, and their concommitant energies. These run the gamut from refreshing and wonderful, to the equivalent of psychic sewer sludge. (Rare, but I've felt it. It may not be your client, but some poor unfortunate who just happens to be there.)

Hopefully, doing a lot of readings. Grounding can really help prevent burnout, especially if the clients come in a steady stream.
Shielding keeps those energies balanced, because when you're working in large public places, there seem to be some weird ebbs and flows sometimes. At least, that's what I've noticed!

All the best, dear Sue!
Tell us, please, how you make out!

psychic sue

Thanks John that's really helpful. Thanks to everyone else too.

I found out something great the other day - my son's girlfriend is a sewing wizz! She is making some beaded/sequined tarot bags. We are going to set up a little website I think. I'll let you know when it's up and running.

Sue x

Lula Jing

psychic sue said:
I found out something great the other day - my son's girlfriend is a sewing wizz! She is making some beaded/sequined tarot bags. We are going to set up a little website I think. I'll let you know when it's up and running.
Ooooh, I'll be a customer!! I need some Tarot bags. Will she be doing any silk-lined ones???

psychic sue

Can make anything you want shy - let me know your ideas - email me a sketch if you like - I am sure she can do one to order.

Sue x

linabeet

triplicate kudos for the ground and shield ground and shield suggestions.

i find it best to do lots of grounding, chakra clearing and strengthening, guide calling etc - *before you leave your house*.

Make it in a portable energetic package to unfold when you get there. It can be so crazy it's hard to do it with the depth and time that's needed.

And even hearder - is to remember to take it all down at the end of the day. I often forget with the exhaustion and eagerness to go home and end up wandering around like a zombie for the night. Undo what you do. ground it all out. close it all up.

Just did a folk fest this weekend and my reiki friend had a spray bottle with essesnces and oils in them that was great for between reading spray downs. easier than a mental grounding process due to the lack of mental reserves. recommended.

self care - very important.