what is a homosexual card ?

HudsonGray

I agree, it was probably a personal interpretation to the cards, one that only the reader would recognise, not a set combination in a deck that means 'gay' all the time.

blackstormhawk

I think the reader probably just hated Bush so much that it colored her reading.

Since she was looking at a particular issue (gay marriage), why do you think that she drew a 'homosexual' card to begin with? How is that relevant to her reading ... because the rest of what you talk about is very straightforward stuff ... conflict, votes not passing or passing in Congress. Only the main subject question is even vaguely gay ... or perhaps she pulled four of wands and assumed gay for the marriage, because that was part of her own personal agenda.

Moonleap

Hi, all

Anthony Louis in "Tarot Plain and Simple" (but I've seen it in other books as well) states that the Page of Cups "may also represent a homosexual person who will influence the situation". According to him, the 5 of Wands may be interpreted as "same sex activities".

Clay

homosexual card

What Moonleap says is interesting. I read Jodorowski's _La Via del Tarot_ some time ago and was surprised to see that he also identifies one of the court cards as homosexual but adds that the person represented may not necessarily even realize it himself. (I can't put my hands on the book right now, but I think it was the Knave of Cups.) I personally find it impossible to accept that any one card like that should invariably represent a homosexual in a reading. By the same token, depending on the question and the querent (oops, bad pun--unintended), just about any card could be related to homosexuals or homosexual activity.

Clay

Demeter

I have a different take on this - I never refer to it in readings unless the person openly tells me their situation. If the querant is questioning someone elses sexuality - I don't really feel they have a right to know until the person is ready to discuss it themselves.

If the querant is in a relationship and suspects their partner may have different preferences, I feel it is better to say their partner may be keeping information from them.

You may also be reading for a person who is questioning their sexuality but is not yet ready to discuss it.

But back to the original question I was once told the fool card indicates this, but I don't agree. A few times when it has come up in a reading it has been intuitively. No one card stood out as the answer.

BrightEye

Moonleap said:
Hi, all

Anthony Louis in "Tarot Plain and Simple" (but I've seen it in other books as well) states that the Page of Cups "may also represent a homosexual person who will influence the situation". According to him, the 5 of Wands may be interpreted as "same sex activities".
that's interesting because i've seen them together quite often in that context but never associated them with homosexuality.

i would agree with others, there's no card that denotes being gay all the time (although i might change my mind because of the above), but depending on context there are cards that can, on occasion, indicate a possibility of. the fool, for example, would be such a card but i'm only speaking for myself.

ArcanoMáximo

I don't agree with some of the previous posts,
of course all cards do different and special references to certain sexual aspects.
At least having the RWS deck for example: the Hanged Man is that who only have the masturbation by option.
The Fool is the Virgin boy, with is potential black penis and his scrotum full of semen (the bag)
And about a "Gay Card" The Devil always has something with not common sexual activities, the opposite to the classical shown in The Lovers card.
What about mature sex? The Hermit.
Or a multi orgasmic woman? Strength
Fetishism? The Star
Pederasty? The Sun
So every card has its proper sexual sense, at least to me.
If we can assign them vocational meanings, health meanings, etc, why not sexual meanings?
Just my point!
Máximo.-

Shade

A homosexual card? No, but then I don't think that there are heterosexual cards either.

A bush agenda reading? I'm sure if I did a reading about the Prez and got the Lovers card crossed by the Devil I would probably interpret it as a resurgence of interest in passing that unconstitutional constitutional amendment.

Aulruna

Well, I just got Strength and the Star in a career spread... hmmm... will I tell my querent she ought to show up in black leather for her interview...

My point being - all the cards can be interpeted in a sexual context. But only if the sexual aspect matters for the issue of the reading should they be seen that way.

In many readings, that won't be the case.

And even in readings about relationships, I've never seen any special indication to homosexuality in particular. As stated by others, there may be hints to information withheld, or conflicting feelings of the querent him-/herself. Again, these same cards could mean a lot of different thing.

Fortunately, Germany has become quite open-minded about homosexuality, and for some years the gay marriage is legal. Less need to stay in the closet. So by now, many people should have realized there is no such thing as "the gay person". So why should there be a card for it?

Btw, I really liked the concept of sexuality being a continuum rather than a dichotomy.

ArcanoMáximo

Morwenna said:
And even in readings about relationships, I've never seen any special indication to homosexuality in particular. As stated by others, there may be hints to information withheld, or conflicting feelings of the querent him-/herself. Again, these same cards could mean a lot of different thing.

Fortunately, Germany has become quite open-minded about homosexuality, and for some years the gay marriage is legal. Less need to stay in the closet. So by now, many people should have realized there is no such thing as "the gay person". So why should there be a card for it?

Btw, I really liked the concept of sexuality being a continuum rather than a dichotomy.
I don't understan the relations here.
Tarot is a way to get iformation, among other uses, what is the relation in seeing if someone is gay and a country with gay rights? hmmm
isn't such thing as the gay person?
you haven't seen in a relationship reading if someone is gay?
well, at least in my case, if i can't see that in my readings i'll have to return the money to my clients.