The All Hallows Tarot

Chronata

This is a deck that was meant originally to be a one of a kind thing...sold to some anonymous higher bidder on E-Bay to raise money for my mom...

But plans can take mysterious turns...especially when it comes to Halloween themed ideas...

as this one is.

The All Hallows tarot was something that didn't really have much pre thought.

I had some small playing card sized cards...and just decided to draw, and see what emerged. It was clear early on...that I was doing something Autumn-y.

and this deck...with it's Halloween images unfolded themselves before me.

Now, as it comes together...the images evoke all things mysterious...the idea that on All Hallows eve, strange people come out of the dark, and the veils between worlds and realities tend to melt away...

There are currently only 22 cards...there may be more in the future!

here are the first two cards...

Ah! But to keep you all in suspense...I will post two more tomorrow...

As far as particulars...about the Limited Edition...that hasn't been completely finalized yet!

Attachments

• 0fool.jpg
    0fool.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 614
  • 1magician.jpg
    1magician.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 567

Gardener

Ooooooooooo

Oh, Robyn, I'm so delighted you decided to share these with us! Thank you! And also that you are going to make a limited edition. Otherwise, I'd never have seen and gotten a copy of this sweet, sweet deck.

I especially love the Fool!

Can't wait to see what you give us tomorrow....

lunakasha

These are beautiful....I look forward to seeing more!

Anything Halloweenish or Autumn-esque is *exactly* my kind of deck.

Thanks for sharing Robyn, and congratulations!

:) Luna

The Hanged Man

Chronata, these really are very lovely looking drawings.

Can I ask, what medium did you use? I like the four handed Magician. Actually this is a weird synchronicity, because I had just thought yesterday about an idea for a Hindu themed deck, and I want to have the four handed Vishnu as The Magician - and here is your own Magician card - complete with the four hands. I seem to be continually getting indications from the universe to create this deck of mine, which is as yet a seed idea.

It's encouraging to see people like yourself submitting your creations. This community is making me more and more eager to get a Tarot of my own out of my head and into manifestation. Where did you get hold of blank cards? One of my problems is finding it difficult to draw big, I only draw small - I probably should have been a tattooist really.

I think The Fool is my favourite, with the black cat and the gothic image.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's submissions. :)

Disa

These are gorgeous!!! The image of the fool made me think this may be the deck to get our teens interested after all. I had just finished reading the thread about teaching children tarot and how some of the children in our lives don't seem too interested. My own daughter was interested for a bit but I think if she had a deck like this she might stick with it. I can't wait to see the others. Thanks so much for sharing.

Disa

Silver_Skye

Oh dear!!! You're going to make us wait!! *gasp*

Really, I think these are wonderful!! I absolutely can not wait to see more!

Chronata

Thank you...Luna, Laura, Hanged Man and Disa!

I was actually thinking this deck may not be good enough to do a print run of (another reason why it was originally slated as a One of Kind sell)

But I am pleased that you guys like it so far!

Hanged man... When I say blank cards, what I mean is...
I buy a deck of playing cards, and then I use permenant adhesive to glue drawing paper to the front of the card...so I have a solid card to make into anything I want...and all the backs are the same!
it's a trick I learned from making Artist Trading Cards in the past year.

The medium is Sharpie marker, with Prismacolor pencil on the top, and accents of white acylic paint...my new favorite medium of choice!

and I LOVE multi limbed Magicians...some of my favorite decks ...(like the Wheel of Change, and Mythos' cards) have it. My first ever deck I created had one too!

Gardener

You know, it's already tomorrow in Europe, so I think we should get the next two cards now...

Chronata

Awww...thanks Silver Skye!

Ok...one more tonight..because you asked nicely!

and because your response has been overwhelmingly positive!

Attachments

• 2highpriestess.jpg
    2highpriestess.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 417

poivre

Oh yes Chronata,
bring them on,
they are fabulous!!!
:)