The All Hallows Tarot

truelighth

Wow, I didn't log in for a day and there is a ton of new images! And all really beautiful. I have to admit that Justice is by far my favorite of these (images from 11 to 20). But the Sun is also great and Judgement. And Temperance and.. well.. all of them. Definately sign me up for the limited edition :D

harleyquinn

great deck

hi i haven't been on here for a day or 2 and i really like this deck although i like anything to do with halloween tis my fav. holiday i can't wait to get this deck i was wondering if u had a price in mind and r u planning on a lim. edt. deck and then a full deck or just gonna sell the pips seperate to pick up after the majors just curios cause i'd really like this death
*~~HARLEYQUINN~~*

Sheri

I have to say that the Temperance card really spoke to me! I have always had problems interpreting it, but that card just makes it so clear to me now!

Thanks Chronata! :love:

I'm saving for a major spree on your site and can't wait for this to be available!

valeria :D

Satori

I love the drawing of the Hermit, but I am having trouble with getting the idea of the pumpkin as the Hermit...sorry! :(

I love the ghosts in the cards...Chariot is really cool. In fact I'm loving many of the cards that don't depict a sort of solo character. This isn't to say I don't love the characters, but I like what you are doing that is making me think about cards and what I have built for associations....Gardener said it best in her post...

I really like Temperance too. I like her hair...very funky.

I love Wheel, Chariot and that Hermit is full of energy. Maybe that is why I'm stumbling a bit over him...usually the Hermit seems a little decrepit...and Hermit is about mental energy on some level, so the empty headed candle lit jack-o-lantern while very gorgeous still stumps me...help me here!

I'm not sure about the Sun. I'm not with your Mum on that one, but the two Trick or Treaters out at night...Hmmm. Need to ponder them. And I know how hard the scans can make it...they will look better in person and I'm hoping that I will get to see them soon!!! ;)

Bottom line here is that I wish I had your talent! I can draw a smiley face! So take my feedback from the source, can't draw...

Oh! and the Quija board freaked me out.
And your Devil is scary girl! The girl with the blindfold and the plug in her mouth was pretty freaky...

There is alot here to think about.
This deck is spooky Chronata. REally.

Barbaras Ahajusts

PumpkinHead

Hey Elf,
When I saw the Hermit, my first thought was the movie, Pumpkin Head. He did take revenge on those who had hurt him or his family. (Can't really remember the whole movie.)
There was thought in that poor creature, enough to know he had to take care of the older woman.

Barb

SarahLikesPink

All your cards are gorgeous, but the hermit especially took my breath away! I was a big fan of your other work, but this is fast developing into a favourite! You have a very special talent that I hope you are proud of! :)

fall_guy

elf said:
I love the drawing of the Hermit, but I am having trouble with getting the idea of the pumpkin as the Hermit...sorry! :(

I love Wheel, Chariot and that Hermit is full of energy. Maybe that is why I'm stumbling a bit over him...usually the Hermit seems a little decrepit...and Hermit is about mental energy on some level, so the empty headed candle lit jack-o-lantern while very gorgeous still stumps me...help me here!
For me, the Hermit has metaphorically (and literally in this case!) an 'inner light'. I thinks it's a wonderful image.

lunakasha

fall_guy said:
For me, the Hermit has metaphorically (and literally in this case!) an 'inner light'. I thinks it's a wonderful image.

Well said....I feel the same, and I love the jack-o-lantern image in this card.

My other favorites include The (ghostly) Chariot, Moon, Death and Devil cards. I really just love the overall look and Halloween theme, combined with Robyn's unique style....the way she eerily brings them to life, as was mentioned earlier in the thread. WONDERFUL as always Chronata!

:) Luna

Chronata

Thanks again for your wonderful comments..

Elf..my dear, you know that secretly, I like to challenge people as much as I like to inspire them...
so I will try and see if I can offer a few notes here as to why I chose the symbolism I did!

(You are making me think too...which is always a good thing! :D )

The Hermit is a card that didn't exactly come off as I envisioned...I actually wanted the image to be a bit MORE creepy...

what may not be readily apparent about our dear pumpkin head is that he is a scarecrow.

Traditionally scarecrows are placed in their field, and lead pretty solitary existances...some stand forgotten, and rather hermit-like as they are positioned as sentinals to chase away the hungry crows from the golden corn.

The Hermit can represent a teacher or a search for higher wisdom, with the desire to gain insight by removing oneself from the busy distractions.

In seeking a Teacher to discover the Golden Knowledge...you must approach the relationship with respect...if you, like the crows...flutter about, all noise and flapping wings, you will not attain the insights you seek...

Furthermore, as fall-guy noted....the pumpkin head is not empty...but indeed full of Light of Wisdom.
He is both enLightened...(with his head in spiritual matters) and also grounded(in physical reality)...in the fact that he is firmly planted in the earth, and the idea that part of him is very organic.

Hope this helps to show a little what I was thinking...

Now, the Sun...the sun is full of odd little things that came out in the process of drawing...
from all the different decks, and community decks and projects and exercises and such that I have been a part of, I think I have made more Sun cards than anything else...about 7 or 8 of them.
and each was pretty different from the next.

But what they all have in common is my core belief for the Sun's meaning...which is childlike wonder and innocence.

Racking my brain about what Halloween image would best fit this idea, the trick or treaters was the best choice to fit the theme.(I also had an idea of a dia de los muertos depiction...but I think that fits better in the imagry for the six of cups)

There is a clear sense of individuality...perhaps a bit of rebellion, and individual choice hidden in the card...in the fact that the little girl has chosen to be a Ballerina Pirate! certainly, she doesn't care if it's traditional, or if anyone will look at her funny!

And it's a step towards growing up...to play pretend, and take on the role of an adult, while still remaining a child at heart.

the pirate is Power, the ballerina Grace...not a bad combination for the future...(and she fits with the goth punk look of the rest of the deck!)

The other little child, is dressed as a red fox...a bit of cleverness, and a symbol of being aware, and observant of the world around you.

And they both take off in a ritual of playfullness, and joy wherein free candy awaits, for a surprising little effort...the ideas of abundance and good things happening to bring happiness!

Little Baron

I like these ideas you present, Chronata. The punkin stuff makes a lot of sense to me. And I think I am liking these cards the most out of a lot of the ones I have seen before. I think that it touches on the same 'twilight' people that I am also interested in developing.

Keep going girl!

LB