Male Tarot Readers

Lion-O

Drunken mode on ;)

Ok, its 1am, I just finished a huge work project and had a few beers. In other words: I am not fully sober ;)

So.. This is a guys thread. Any of you gents ever bought a deck due to some "explicit" pictures on it? ;)

And yes, I know how boring and/or cliche this question is (/can be) but I can't help myself anyway. To answer my own question... No, my first deck was an impulse buy and I only grabbed more decks when I was already more familiar with Tarot.

One thing has puzzled me though. Maybe its the alcohol now obscuring my brains but if I recall correcrtly then the "original" Rider-Waite deck includes some scantly clad women but no men. I'm pretty sure there has been a thread about that topic somewhere but still.. Having checked up on my poll with regards to gender it would seem us poor men (who sometimes, according to angry women, are regarded as pigs ;)) are a major minority here. Which gets me going on the why and what with regarding to certain cards.. Oh well.. before making a total fool of myself lets just say that I sometimes wonder about the (seemingly) majority of feminine figures on the Tarot deck, doubled when looking at the current results of my poll with regards to gender.

Can't we have a "mens section" in here? :D

To close down, a disclaimer; the "men are pigs" comment is for real but in all honosty only thrown at me by my girlfriend in a teasing manner. It would seem some of her friends do agree with her though :)

Umbrae

Lion-O said:
So.. This is a guys thread. Any of you gents ever bought a deck due to some "explicit" pictures on it? ;)
You mean like the Tarocchi del Decamerone, or the brilliant Tarot Erotica by Lori Wells (female), or the Guttuso, or my favorite - Tarocco dei Giardini di Priapo by Folchi, or the TransWaite by Frank Jensen; or if you swing the other way, there's the The Gay Male Tarot Deck by Jason Davitt...

I know there's a series of erotic tarot due to come out soon (I don't know the details, but I've seen the art) out of I believe Australia - but that's another thread.

Oh - to answer your question, yes.

:smoker:

Alissa

You mean, girls don't like those kinds of decks??? :D

(Alissa pouts and shrugs while looking through her beloved Decameron).

gregory

Someone really cares ???? :rolleyes:

Signed: granny everyone thinks is male, because.... :(

I keep getting PMs asking for the male point of view... :bugeyed:

Look, there WAS a reason for calling myself gregory..... ;)

Tarot readers read tarot. If they be male, female or cats - I care not, as long as it's a good reading. :D

Why could it matter ? Why SHOULD it ??

I thought we were fairly evenly split here, actually.... is there any way to tell ?

Attachments

• catreader.jpg
    catreader.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 176

Lion-O

gregory said:
Tarot readers read tarot. If they be male, female or cats - I care not, as long as it's a good reading. :D
Is that a male or female cat? :D

I wouldn't let it touch my cards anyway though, I'm sure it'll puncture them with its claws ;)

gregory

Lion-O said:
Is that a male or female cat? :D
It wouldn't say. :D But its name is Babycakes......

It is very careful with the cards though - see how clean they are ?!

raventepes

I'm another male reader on the board. Atleast I think I am

*checks to make sure*

Yeah. I'm a guy. I've been reading the tarot and various oracles for about 10 years now and I've never looked back. I get a lot of women who ask me for reading, some of which are readers themselves. I think it's becasue men and women DO have differant points of views, and often times, women will sugar-coat certian things, whereas men generally won't.

brenmck

raventepes said:
.... and often times, women will sugar-coat certain things, whereas men generally won't.

I think you may have not enjoyed the reading exchanges here often enough...
your opinion about that might be different. :bugeyed:

~B~

Flavio

gregory said:
Loved the Cat Reader, thank you for sharing...

HarleyQuinnX

Another male reader here. :D

Perhaps someone should start a poll on the topic, and then we can have some numbers? Well, at least numbers of those who are active on the forums.