Tarot of the Sidhe is Complete!

Cavan

Sidhe-Ra said:
Is it Adam you know, or Derek?
It was Adams site I came across yes. It is great that you are having the full deck published all being well. The minors are too often the poorer sibling but a complete deck is so much more than the sum of its parts. It'll be quite a thing when you receive your first complete deck!

As for the lyrics. I am certain the Sidhe might even take offense if any discovered you had been inspired to lyrics and not included them. Whatever will they dance to at their celebratory balls in honour of your final cards without the those lyrics? ... ;)

Sidhe-Ra said:
"Sometimes you've got to leap before you fly, sometimes I'd rather hurt than never cry..."
By the way this is line is beautiful and carries in it imagery and meaning as profound as the fool in and of itself. :)

Cavan

Sidhe-Ra

:d

Okay Cavan, lyrics there will be! Thank you very much indeed :) I do already have poems for the Moon and the Sun cards, perhaps I will share them? They rather have the tone of rhymed riddles, rather than songs, and there may well end up being one for at least each of the majors.

Will you be sharing your cards with us, as they develop? I hope so!

Blessings,

Em x

WolfSpirit

Sidhe-Ra said:
P.S. I'd love to do a DECENT Tolkien tarot, one day, including all the middle earth material- (the Silmarillion is much neglected, and I'd like to rectify that). It would be lovely to use his songs in that!

Yesssss we wants it precioussss...
That would be truely fantastic :)

Sidhe-Ra

That's a project I could really get my teeth into! But I can't help thinking that there would be some copyright issues?

WolfSpirit

Yes I suppose so...
Terry Donaldson made a LOTR tarot and it is published by US Games so it must be legit...but that does not mean everyone can make their Tolkien deck of course.

inanna_tarot

AMAZING deck and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And I love the septagram spread card.

Well done, now take a break for a day or two before going mad on your next project lol.

Voron

Very impressive deck! It's so rich and vibrant, lush, and energetic, but most importantly highly original in design/naming/look, and yet traditional/familiar in the energy/meanings/correlations! No small feat, that! It's not simply different for the sake of being different (or through lack of understanding as sadly is often the case)-- instead it is truly THE TAROT as we all know and love -- and yet is a highly personal, unique expression thereof.

Congratulations!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you Voron and sezo for such enthusiastic and generous comments! It means so much to me - You've both brought a smile to my rather under the weather today face. :)

I've managed to get the deck working on my own copy of Orphalese, though I did mangle it a bit- all the pop-up meanings are from the traditional tarot, and in the wrong order! But apart from that, it's been quite good fun to play with, and if anyone wants the zip file, drop me an email or pm. (Orphalese is free to download from their website).

Well, sezo, i'm taking a big fat two weeks break in Florida come friday, before I start on the next one! (I will of course be taking a note book and pen for book scribbles). But what next? I was thinking 'what the hell' about Tolkien copyright. There's no problem in me doing a painting of Galadriel and selling it, how would there be a problem doing a series of 78 paintings? So, a Middle-earth Tarot? A Robin Hood Tarot? Or The Mabinogion Oracle?

lol

Hell, maybe I'll just do all of them.

Hugs and kisses, all xxx

P.S. I'm also toying with the idea of a big cats tarot...

Chronata

Oh Congratulations Em!

Your complete deck is so wonderful...and magickal and I am really looking forward to reading with it in the future!

I have done some spectacular readings with the majors already, and this is going to just get better and better!

I am so happy and excited for you!
It's got to be cool to finish one!

Here's some good energy for you to get that book written...boy I know that can be tough! (((((((((SIDHE RA))))))))))

I know this whole package is going to be brilliant!
And I am very interested in a study group as well!

Sidhe-Ra

Oo, thank you for the energy! Goodness only knows, I could do with some at the mo :) You are such a star, Chronata, thank you! xxx

P.S. I've had an email back saying that they will be happy to put Tarot of the Sidhe up on Orphalese, so that could be fun!