Minors for All Hallows~ Full Of Gothicky Goodness!

lunakasha

Chronata said:
I think I know where my fears lie in this deck.
I feel like I am taking too long with it, and by the time I actually get it completed, and attempt some small run publishing of it...no on ewill be interested in it anymore.

Part of it is also the timing.
Does anyone really want a Halloween deck in February? (which, if I get this thing published at all...will be the earliest it will likely be generally available...)

To be timed correctly, really it should have been finished in July and available now!

But I still have a quite a few to go...

OK....I think I hear what you're saying, and it makes perfect sense.

You work best under pressure, and you really want to finish in time for Halloween (coming up in about 7 weeks).
But then again, even if you do finish the cards by then, it would not get published in time for this year.

I think it is GREAT that you are on a roll now, and enjoying the creative process. And as you said, some pressure is good....knowing that people actually WANT you to finish has got to be a very good feeling.

BUT....on the other hand, you don't want to rush through it too quickly either....especially knowing that, realistically, it very likely will not be completed in time for this Halloween.

I am sure that those of us who are eagerly awaiting the deck are willing to wait for as long as we have to....rather than having you feel TOO rushed or stressed out trying to meet an impossible deadline.

There you go....my "pep talk" for what it's worth, LOL!!!

And I am sure you will get lots of nudging and encouragement here, while you keep plugging away....a nice balance of "pressure" and patience with yourself would be the best way to go, I think.

:) Luna

Disa

ohhhhh I f you need some naggin well here I am. I need you to finish up and finish up quick, get them to a publisher or whatever goes on( cause I have no idea) and let me have 3 copies at a reasonable price :) I'll still want them no matter if it's next December-( I mean 2008 I can wait- if I have to), I just love the deck and think it's fabulous. I'd love to keep 2 and give one to my niece(who knows maybe my daughter will even like these)

Keep up the good work. Your cards are really what it's all about

Lots a love(or nagging if that's what it takes)

Disa

Annabelle

Chronata said:
I think I know where my fears lie in this deck.
I feel like I am taking too long with it, and by the time I actually get it completed, and attempt some small run publishing of it...no on ewill be interested in it anymore.
Of course we'll still be interested!!!!

Part of it is also the timing.
Does anyone really want a Halloween deck in February?
Yes, absolutely! Anytime of year is a good time for a Halloween deck :D. It's my favorite holiday.

Chronata

Thank you Luna :love:
Thank you Disa:love:

and thank you Annabelle:love:

I needed that!

I did just read through this entire thread, and felt lots better.

I think it's the whole being sick/not sleeping thing that's getting to me! Projects my fears, and makes them seem like big huge insurmountable onbstacles, when most of them are really simply illusions in my head.

Ok...here...have a 4 of swords!

Attachments

• ah 4 swords.jpg
    ah 4 swords.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 117

lunakasha

Annabelle said:
Yes, absolutely! Anytime of year is a good time for a Halloween deck :D. It's my favorite holiday.

Yes....forgot to mention....what Annabelle just said! :p

((((Robyn))))

Glad you are feeling better now....keep up the good work, but keep it slow and steady.
And have fun with it....what more could anyone expect???

:love: Luna

PS: NICE 4 of Swords....which reminds me, it is past my bedtime. G'night!

greycats

Chronata, I've been sorta kinda keeping up with your posted progress, and I have to say that this last batch has some of my favorites. Those wands are great! They seem to play off each other--the six, the seven and the eight. The six and the eight in particular are so similar in some ways and so different in others. They invite all sorts of comparisons. :D

Anyway--I think this deck has possibilities beyond being a "seasonal" deck. By all means work at whatever pace suits you best, but you might keep this in mind. :)

truelighth

What a nice surprise, to wake up to new All Hallow's Eve cards :). Just awake and already admiring your work. I really, really like your take on the 5 of wands!

And Chronata, don't be too much in a rush. I agree with greycat, this deck is not nessesarily seasonal. And how much time you take, I will still want a copy. Whatever season it is. Looking forward to the rest (lol... what did I say? no pressure? :D)

Disa

oh. P.S. A halloween deck in February is just perfect (since my birthday is in February)

Anyhow, take your time, do what feels right for you and have fun. The Spirit of Halloween lives on in this deck, and you can't rush that.

Lots of love,

Disa

Chronata

Thanks greycats and Truelighth!

I counted, and there are only 21 cards left for me to do! (or 22 if I add a happy squirrel...which I most likely will!)

That's not that many, really...just a set of Majors!

I can do that many!
I might even have them finished by early October!

(10 or swords is being slightly reworked, and I will post it when Iam happier with it!)

Disa

I think you can I think you can! :)