The Fool: Dressed to the Hilt

tmgrl2

jmd said:
why draw it upon the Fool? Why not on oneself, or indeed 'clothing' any of the cards with that of another? In a reading, that is often what tends to in any case occur: a clothing of 'energies' or symbolic content of one card overshadows or enlivens another.

For myself, as I do not consider a journey through the cards as the journey of one of the cards, can as easily clothe the Bateleur in the Moon's 'costume' as any other card.

Eloquently said....layers within layers within layers....When we arrive, for example at the Ten of Pentacles (as depicted in Waite-Smith deck), I like the concept of the Tree of Life represented if one overlays the ten pentacles....multidimensional, multi-layered, with all paths connecting...and with The Abyss (forget what that is called).

terri

tmgrl2

AprilFool said:
If you draw a clock out, and label the 21 hours w/ the names of the cards, it's pretty fun to look at. Or maybe I need to "get a life"! ;)

But anyhow, it's another method of our collective madness to delight in card combinations and relationships, isn't it? :D

LOL!! Reading your thread, AF, made me think of The Wheel (10)...a Zero, the spokes, a point (in the center..a number as a point) and the circle (a glyph)....another card to meditate on when thinking of Zero.

terri

tmgrl2

valeria said:
The Fool, unnumbered and as Shin, is also free to move through the WHOLE Tarot deck, not just the Majors...free to meet the people of the Wands, the people of the Cups, the people of the Swords and the people of the Pentacles

Another Day the Earth Stood Still fan!!!

Yes...The Fool, not just moving through and across the Majors, but through, across, up and down and among all of the cards...so where the Fool appears, the layers of the reading become enhanced...as it is above, so it is below.

terri

tmgrl2

Scion said:
Dazzling! Reading this thread was like walking into the middle of a 6 course dinner party! So many things we've been discussing in different AT areas. The more I write around these questions, the more my ideas seem to be coalescing into an article.

Scion, your entire post is brilliant! I won't requote...but ...definitely, write that article and share...

Trumps as verbs...In the game we say which cards "trumps" others.

I don't remember, but in the game of Tarot, doesn't the Fool trump all others, yet not count in points?

terri

OK...now it's lunchtime and time for a rest and a football game or two!!