Do you get physical sensations when reading?

Raya

Hmm, seems like a lot of people get sensations in their heads, hands, spines, or stomachs. I don't know much about these things, so I wonder if those places correlate with chakras or other ideas about how energy moves through people. I have a friend who's into reiki healing and yoga, so I'll have to ask her about it.

Just out of curiousity, anyone have any ideas about why one might feel sensations in one part of the body and not another? I mean, maybe it means an entity is making itself known, or you're accessing a certain "psychic" energy. But why would an entity choose your head, or why would you be more sensitive in your head? I don't think anyone will have a definitive answer, but I'm really curious to hear people's ideas. I find this subject very interesting.

rebecca-smiles

I haven't ever experienced the stuff people here are talking about, but my mum reads and she will get physical stuff: she will, for example get a sudden pain in her shoulder and ask them if they have a shoulder injury- no one has ever said 'no, you're wrong there' to her. mind you, it happens rarely.

like MeeWah said, the senssations and also mental impressions begin often long before the reading is planned.

I think i sell myself short of what she can do by not meditating enough!

SunChariot

lilangel09 said:
Sometimes I get the top of the skull feeling when I'm not reading. Um, I attribute it to stress though... But, I occasionally get shivers when I think I've got it just right!
Me too, I sometimes get that feeling like soft drink bubbles in my head. And me too, it tends to happen when I am very stressed, for me that is a stress reaction.

Bar

MeeWah

Whilst I also experience the sensations in various body parts, anywhere from the scalp to the hands & feet, understand it best to not focus on any of the phenomena. They just part of the body's responses to that in progress. The skin the largest organ of the human body, & thus responses tend to be more noticeable.

Such effects tends to distract from the *real* focus: that representative of the purpose of a reading or whatever endeavour. (Including maintaining the balance during the meditative. In meditation, one seeks to align the self with the higher mind. The higher mind canna be heard if the lower or desire mind 'chatters'--the same as occurs during any concerted activity.) Ignore & gently but firmly return to the stated focus or intent, be it a reading or other purposeful.

Once the desire mind/ego or the emotions involved, risk losing the detachment crucial to the sense of balance & discernment--one does not exist without the other.

Those of the unbidden impressions, images, thoughts or other usually also experienced untainted by personal association nor by personal reaction, but as a detached observer/receiver.

sleepingcat

;-; I get a mild tension headache, even for tiny readings. Unless it's consiously not a serious reading.

The rest of my body though relaxes as soon as I start shuffling my cards.

If I'm stressed, I just shuffle, then I relax and no headache. : 3

Pagan X

It sometimes feels like cold water pouring down into my head from above.

Later I feel very tired, but a good tired, as in after exercise.

Ayla_x

WoW... ı dıdnt thınk these tıngly thıngs happened to anyone else....each tıme I do a readıng (not very often), the same nıght I cannot sleep because my feet keep gettıng hot and tıngly.It lasts for hours and I cannot fall asleep untıl early mornıng. I tell my self I`m bıeng paranoıd but I`ve notıced a pattern of thıs occurring after I do a readıng. I also feel that somethıng or someone ıs ın the room and I don`t want to open my eyes and look ın fear of seeıng somethıng. Why the feet?!

Isarma

Some spiritual guides make themselves be noticed by some signal on our body sometimes, it can be your hands, neck feet etc... I don't think you should be worried about it because I'm sure that there is a simple cientific explanation for what you feel besides cience doesn't know it yet lol
Maybe it's a way that you body is "cleaning" all the energy you absorve by doing a reading

celticnoodle

yes, i do get phsyical sensations when reading. i can tell when a situation in the cards is going to be a good thing for the client or not. i can almost 'feel' myself taking on the 'feelings' of the client or the person that is being represented by a card in the reading. This doesn't happen all of the time, but I'd say it happens pretty regularly for me, and when it does, it seems to be accurate.

I also have noticed that the cards do seem to truly 'speak' to me as well. I can almost see the person I may be reading for/about in the cards take on that card depicted, and I can tell what is going to happen for them, or how they are going to feel about a situation as a result of this card. For instance, if I was to draw the 3swords, (an easy card to interpret), I can see my client with such a distraught look on their face, or see a form in my head of them and I can tell why it is they are feeling this way. Sometimes, I even get messages from the cards in my head. But, then isn't this what reading tarot is all about? seeing, feeling and hearing the cards tell us what is to possibly happen?

oh, and yes, after doing a really tough reading, or many readings in a row, I am exhausted. mentally drained and could sleep for hours to rejuvenate! I've also noticed that when I have done a particular sad or emotionally depressed reading, I become sad myself for no other apparent reason. I've read for a client before about them having problems w/someone in their life and I correctly picked up on this otehr persons erratic moodswings & behavior. I could literally feel the tension in myself build when I turned over the cards that rep. her. Only to find out that yes, this person who showed up in her reading was bi-polar and suffered from major depression and did cause the trouble I had seen. After this reading, I was still feeling out of sorts and anxious. Had to meditate a bit, (which was difficult for me as well), just to rid myself of these feelings.

Acacia

I sometimes get the sense that the third eye area (center of forehead) is open, like a window.

And a few times during a reading I have automatically shifted into healer mode and felt something that the querrent needs "materialize" in the palm of my hand. Such as the time the querrent was feeling pain from a relationship and having trouble separating herself. I felt a shield in my hand which I then placed over her heart after explaining what was going on and asking for permission.