Psychic Detectives Using Tarot Cards to Solve Crimes?

kisou

I get conflicting feelings about something like this.

I personally wouldn't trust myself with doing readings regarding a criminal case, just because of the high stakes involved! I wouldn't want to be consulted because what if this is one of the times I'm wrong? An entire team would be focused on what I recommend and the time and effort of law enforcement could be potentially wasted.

On the other hand, if doing a reading does help a crime be solved, I'd also be petrified. I'd start questioning what I do and don't know and all that could be overwhelming in a bad way. Plus taping into negative energy from crimes on a regular basis just wouldn't be welcome to me.

It's just a lot of responsibility all around and it's something I wouldn't want to touch with a 10-foot pole!

mystic Guy

Hi
I solved a murder with my Tarot Cards (well picked the guy out anyway)
there was a shooting in our area that went years unsolved, a BIG who did it.
And then an old guy in his 60s was assaulted in his home by one of his guests and
later died, a man was arrested a guy that I new to see ,not a nice chap.
(It is still on going so I wont go in to it any more then I am now)
I asked my cards what price will he pay for the old mans death?
The Cards.THE DEVIL ,THE HIGH PRIESTESS ,8 OF CUPS ,6 OF CUPS ,DEATH..
Right away the shooting that took place 4 years earlyier jumped at me
I quickly let the Police know about the cards and advised them to put
him under the microscope and they quickly (months) let me know that I was
right on the money..Congratulations Tarot.Bye Guys

Scibility

sign or advertisement for a beach colony (Santa Monica in the early 1900s) and the real estate services also included 'dowsing'--which would be for property with water for wells. So it used to be--well, perhaps less strange or offbeat when you needed to find a place with water. I didn't find if this was historically successful or linked to others who did 'psychic detective' work.

A more modern psychic detective looks for pioneer cemetaries as opposed to property with water:

http://n.j.dushane.home.comcast.net/~n.j.dushane/articles/articles.htm

I am curious about historic dowsing for water sources. It may be folklorically linked to 'otherworldly' psychic arts nowadays.

Cerulean

Sorry off topic, but it is still done fairly often in rural communities. I know someone who is very successful at helping people dowse land for water. You tube has great videos of dowsing/dowsers.

Kris Hughes

My dad used to dowse wells for people or even help them find buried water pipes before they dug up ground around their house. It was something he was just able to do, and I don't know where he learned it, but he was amazed that he couldn't teach me to do it. He used a forked stick.

He was humble about it, almost to the point of not wanting to talk about it, for most of his life (he was born in 1905) and I suspect that at some point he may have run afoul of someone who thought it was satanic or something. By the time he was in his 70s, I had an interest in things metaphysical, and he was more open with me - and still couldn't believe I couldn't do it! He wasn't much interested in what I could do with a pendulum - I don't think he saw the two things as really connected. He believed that the forked stick was seeking water, I think, as a manifestation of nature - not that it was something in his own intuition, or guidance from some other source.

nikkipeachy

I am not sure how I feel about using readings to fight crime, solve murders, etc. The responsibility there is so great, and I would second guess myself too much. On the other hand, it would be incredibly useful in some situations.

A little off topic... My husband is a firefighter and investigator, and the cards have shown me when a fire was intentionally set before (and the circumstances). That's as far as I've looked though. I just am not sure how anything more would be received or if it would be truly useful.

celticnoodle

Sorry off topic, but it is still done fairly often in rural communities. I know someone who is very successful at helping people dowse land for water. You tube has great videos of dowsing/dowsers.

When we were looking for someone to dig our well on our property, one of the well diggers came out and did a dowsing. he located the 'best' spot for our well, (which was in the general area that we were wanting the well anyway) and tho we didn't hire him to dig the well, the man we did hire did put the well there and we hit water fairly quickly! Never had any problem with our well, though all our neighbors who were getting wells dug at the same time did--and our well water was clean and tasty! two of our other neighbors had to dig twice for a well, as their first went dry quickly-another had to dig very deep to hit water, and yet another had awful looking water.

it was pretty cool to see this guy dowsing for the 'perfect place'. :)

Scibility

When we were looking for someone to dig our well on our property, one of the well diggers came out and did a dowsing. he located the 'best' spot for our well, (which was in the general area that we were wanting the well anyway) and tho we didn't hire him to dig the well, the man we did hire did put the well there and we hit water fairly quickly! Never had any problem with our well, though all our neighbors who were getting wells dug at the same time did--and our well water was clean and tasty! two of our other neighbors had to dig twice for a well, as their first went dry quickly-another had to dig very deep to hit water, and yet another had awful looking water. it was pretty cool to see this guy dowsing for the 'perfect place'. :)

My experience exactly! And yes watching the person do it was absolutely fascinating. I'd never heard of it before so watching it being done was almost magical. It was one of those things that make you say, "hmm!"

He believed that the forked stick was seeking water, I think, as a manifestation of nature - not that it was something in his own intuition, or guidance from some other source.

What's fascinating is that not everyone seems to be able to do it, and that makes me think it's somehow tied into how developed a person's intuitive abilities are. Dowsing rods are fascinating. On you tube there are videos showing them being used to assess a person's auric field, and all kinds of things.

But we digress (sorry Glass owl!) In reference to Tarot, I think I heard an interview of Shellee Hale a "psychic crime fighter", and she mentioned her organization uses people with various skills (I believe she even mentioned tarot and dowsing?). Then the group of them who are working on a particular case compile the information that everyone comes up with, and then prepare a formal report that is given to the authorities.

I think crimefighters might be another organization that they say you don't have to be psychic to volunteer. In other words it's not where the information comes from, but that its accurate. Interesting stuff isn't it?