Herbal Tarot - X - Medicine Wheel - Slippery Elm

Soaring Eagle

You can see the major arcana cards in Constellation 1.

Description: A large slippery elm tree is surrounded by rocks forming a circle. There are three rocks seen closer to the tree, indicating that a fourth may be behind, representing the four directions and elements. There is a small sprig on one corner of the card.

Significant Details: The rock circle symbolizes cycles beginning and ending. The four rocks symbolize the four directions and elements. The slippery elm signifies growth and strength.

Keywords: Cycles, Luck, Fate, Expansion

Medicinal Uses: The bark is used to help convalescents. (American Nature Guides Herbs by Anna Kruger).

My Interpretation: You are ending one life cycle and beginning another. You have the strength you need to make these changes. You are growing spiritually right now.

Number Significance: The Medicine Wheel is in Constellation 1 with the I Magician, XIX Sun, Aces, and Tens. 1 – Communication; Self consciousness; Individualization; Self-expression; Initiative; At-one-ment; Originality.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: This card gives me as ense of peace, at oneness, a changing of seasons, and new beginnings. I really enjoy this card.

NikkiB

Slippery Elm is also indicated for digestive upsets, it's very good for soothing the mucus membranes and is also good for soothing sore skin :)

Soaring Eagle

It is, though I couldn't think how it would pertain to the card, so I didn't put it in. There is a lot of info that I could include about each herb, but then I think it might take up more area than the tarot significance.

Thank you for joining me today. :)

NikkiB

It is, though I couldn't think how it would pertain to the card, so I didn't put it in. There is a lot of info that I could include about each herb, but then I think it might take up more area than the tarot significance.

Thank you for joining me today. :)

ok sorry :)

Soaring Eagle

No need to be sorry, every little bit helps. I enjoy reading the comments of others. My personal journal is FULL of herbal knowledge, not just the card knowledge. I now have three pages set aside for each card, and it may not be enough. I probably should have included a little more info on this card. :)