inaccurate readings

Nineveh

Huh, not everyone feels this is true, so perhaps there are other reasons. I for one don't 'summon' any spirits to talk through cards or me or anything, so that does not apply to me. However, if *you* feel it applies to you and that there is some sort of conflict between some higher being ('He") and these 'spirits', then maybe your own situation is showing you you need to rethink your approach--it almost sounds like you feel you shouldn't be doing it or something, or should be doing it only in accordance with your religious beliefs etc.--unsure if this is what you meant.

EDIT: Oh, I thought this was the OP making judgements on his or her own post.

Whether or not you believe something is true or exists does not change the truth/reality of its existence.

I don't have a situation, Sweetie. I have mastered reading tarot cards and am capable of reading them whether I am highly excited or feeling disgusted and "burned out"with tarot.

I don't feel like I shouldn't be doing tarot; I know that I shouldn't. Yet, I read tarot anyway. A person with diabetes knows that he should stay away from German chocolate cake but may still have a slice. Whether he stops the unhealthy habit before he reaches the projected fate of such action is in itself a gamble or great risk.

I meant exactly what I typed.

gregory

Whether or not you believe something is true or exists does not change the truth/reality of its existence.

I don't have a situation, Sweetie. I have mastered reading tarot cards and am capable of reading them whether I am highly excited or feeling disgusted and "burned out"with tarot.

I don't feel like I shouldn't be doing tarot; I know that I shouldn't. Yet, I read tarot anyway. A person with diabetes knows that he should stay away from German chocolate cake but may still have a slice. Whether he stops the unhealthy habit before he reaches the projected fate of such action is in itself a gamble or great risk.

I meant exactly what I typed.
One person's truth is not the same as another person's truth.

Sulis

Moderator note

Some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

hermit-IX has asked for opinions on why his / her readings are inaccurate, could we please stick to that?

Sulis - moderator

Farzon

I get inaccurate answers most of the times I try to force the Tarot... I mean when I use a topic or question that I would rather not ask. When I ask just for the sake of asking and not out of true interest in the topic. Could this be the case with you, too?

tealxlust

Maybe you're judgement is clouded and you need a third party to read for you. Oftentimes when we read for ourselves, the cards and energy when reading, does bounce off us and we sometimes inadvertently affect the reading.

nisaba

Are you asking the same questions over and over?

Imagine if you were a mathematics professor. A student asks you what the square root of nine is. You say three. Then the following week, they ask you what the square root of nine is. You say three again. They keep this up until you are annoyed. Wouldn't you start giving them answers like "26" and "1.4873401" and "2,321.6", and that least interesting of all numbers, "12,407" (which as far as higher mathematics is concerned is the first number that is not considered technically an "interesting number").

I know I certainly would.

Of course, if you have been asking different questions, and questions where there isn't a more sensible way of getting information, then there is no need for your deck to play up like this.

Teheuti

Hermit-IX, it would help if you told us a little more about the situation and responded to the people here who are trying to help. Are these readings only for yourself or are they for others or both (what proportion is personal and what involves readings for others)? Have there been major changes in your life, attitudes or in your reading technique or deck(s)?

SunChariot

why does every single reading I do turn out to be rubbish?
they use to be supper accurate.

I would be willing to bet it's because you are not feeling calm enough inside to read. To do a good reading, you need to be calm and collected inside. That is why readers don't tend to read well on topics that upset them. I don't think any reader can.

Now if I pick up a deck of cards and have the thought that past readings have not been good and what if this one is not either, bang there goes my sense of calm. And then the reading will suffer as a result.

I would say that you have to find a way to stop telling yourself the kind of thoughts expressed here. Even the word "rubbish" shows anger at yourself. No one can read well in that state.

I honestly think it's a cause and effect thing. When you tell yourself your readings are going downhill, that is literally what creates the problem.

Maybe some time out to get calmer and to meditate ought to help.

Babs