Where do you read tarot cards?

Arch

I usually read on the floor when at home as I almost always sit on the floor.
Otherwise I improvise.
Tables or something else... who knows?

Sherilyn G

I have a dining room table where I do most of my readings when I am home. Sometimes I do readings on the floor. When I am out I do readings where ever I can find a space, but I prefer an environment that is not noisy. Recently, I did a few readings at a school cafeteria.

practical magic

I've done readings in my living room, although I have to say that wasn't near as comfortable, or laid out near as well, as the readings I've done in restaurants and cafes a friend of mine. ...my Cat's Eye deck does smell permanently of tzatziki however. :)

SunChariot

I was searching for this kind of topic but haven't found. If there is any I apologize for repeating.

So, where do you read your tarot cards for yourself or for others? I'm still reading for myself and mostly I do it in my bed when I wake up. I know it sounds kinda funny to read your cards on an empty stomack but it's actually a very good way how to start your day. :) Before I was doing it on my table but since now I don't have much time, preparations and I'm not alone, so cup of morning tea tarot is great. :)

On my bed , always. Whether reading for myself or others. Of course I only read for others remotely, via e-mail. :grin:

Babs

Tarot803

I like to read while sitting on the floor, with my back against my couch, and the cards on a pretty cloth on the coffee table. I find that in this arrangement I can spread out as many cards as I need for whatever spread I'm working on.

And if I am reading for a friend (I've only done readings for myself and friends) I have them sit on the couch and I sit on the floor with the coffee table between us. This way they can see all the cards clearly and I can have my Tarot reference journal on the floor beside me in case I need it.

peacelilly

Very interesting read the other posts! I read sitting next to my computer, I'm still learning and I can look things up when I run into a problem area. Which is often lol!

Bookwight

Sometimes I read at a table or my desk, but most often I read on the floor. I'm not sure why I do this. Cross-legged on the carpet, no reading cloth or anything, even when there's a perfectly good desk or table available…

Sibylline

I'll read anywhere for others, but I'm usually doing readings for myself on my living room couch.

I've haven't been ejected from anywhere, but once I did get some people wanting readings from me since they saw me reading for a friend in a bar.

I do have a strict policy not to allow friends of the querent to observe the reading though. Once, I did a love reading for a flight attendant with her friend in the room....the cards clearly said she was having an affair with her friend's hubby! :bugeyed:

BrownBear

I do have a strict policy not to allow friends of the querent to observe the reading though. Once, I did a love reading for a flight attendant with her friend in the room....the cards clearly said she was having an affair with her friend's hubby! :bugeyed:

Wow, I'd love to know what those cards were.

flyingwind66

in my home, in a cafe, on the floor of an arcade, staff break room... anywhere as long as I set my sheet down first :)