What are the not so obvious lessons of tarot?

Arch

Is there something you have discovered on your journey that stands out?
Something that is either profound, hidden or something else entirely.
Something that shifted or maybe even broke your paradigm.
Maybe you are even proud of discovering this lesson.
Or it could be just some minor point that shifted meaning.

Whatever it is share it here! :)

nisaba

Trust, in a word.

Bits of cardboard with dried ink on 'em are *far* more trustworthy than most humans. Oh yes, humans are fine, lovely and delightful. And can be for years-and-years. But go through a Bad Patch, or have a task to do that they just don't understand, and see how trustworthy and loyal they are then.

MissNine

If you are reading for fun with friends, set good boundaries... It's a private reading for each person so go in a quiet place with one friend at a time. No matter who says. "We share everything, it's fine," I would still want that you have no control over what the cards show you and it's best if it's just you and them.

Disa

Sometimes it IS about you. Though I set out to learn to read to help others, I had no idea of the transformation Tarot would lead to for my own personal journey. The things reflected back at me have been eye opening in many cases.

Reading the cards can contribute to the loss of friends, and a gain of "groupies" and/or "users". Definite boundaries need to be set, careful what you wish for.

Luna-Ocean

Since my journey with Tarot i have encountered many types of situations that have lead me to believe that being honest about what you see in the cards is far more better then just pandering to what a querent wants to hear? I think many members here have seen those types of threads when someone has been in need of some help and then you get those reader's just supplying the querent with what ever they want to hear?

I think even if bad cards show in a reading then a reader must be honest and mature enough to give that interpretation? i think there are some reader's who tend to just give a safe answer knowing that it will make the querent seem more secure about their own problems, but i think it deflects from what a reader should be doing and it goes against any correct code of practice which really doesn't help anyone?

Carla

Tarot is not the be-all and end-all, and it doesn't have all the answers. Nothing has all the answers. Some questions can't even be answered. No harm in asking, though.

EyeAmEye

That it actually works... :) (Debunking attempt failed!)

danieljuk

Nisaba is right about trust and also having faith, most messages that come up are about that! and Carla is right about it's limits too.

I think I have two lessons I have learnt that I never expected to discover:-

- Tarot is more than just cards and divination, it has caused me to study a subject and improve on it. But also it has opened me up to intuition and spirituality that I never knew I had! journey of spiritual self discovery. It helps you open yourself very deeply! It also has helped me meet on here a whole lot of like minded individuals.

- In the early days I worried about the future a lot and wanted the tarot to say my love life would be okay and my career and my stability but it didn't! it told me a really awful year in my life would be awful and it told me the things I need to do to improve things. All our futures are going to have good and bad things happen, the tarot won't tell you what you want to hear! it will tell you what you should know. Also just because a card foretells something good or bad, we can still change it. It's just a helpful tool, it doesn't rule your life unless you let it!

Nineveh

I've learned not to invest faith in a deck of cards, nor their spirits, nor the person reading the cards. There is a Greater power and authority who can and will debunk the most accurate and trusted of readers. For that reason tarot has become nothing more than a hobby for me.

Cocobird55

I especially like tarot for advice. It's great for helping me make decisions and choices.