Gilded Tarot - What is your favorite card and why???

janstar17

cirom said:
Hey !!! all this talk about liking the critters in this deck, does that include me? Cos usually I'm not too popular with humans :)

I love rodents...I once had two pet mice that were the most lovable creatures I've ever had in my life! And I rescued a chincilla from...well, you know!...and it was a very fun pet.

My mom has accused me at various times in my life of 'living in a zoo.' I think that is an exaggeration, especially since at times (like now!) I don't have any critters living with me but I do love animals and love how they are dispersed throughout this deck.

The addition of the very 'earthy' feel provided by the animals and the rich sense of the 'mysterious' provided by the astonomy coupled with the very 'today' feel provided by the machinery is another aspect of this deck that makes it extraordinary.

Many decks that incorporate a techno element seem to me to lose that spiritual or mystical quality. This deck unites the two with elegance and grace. Actually, it makes me feel as though all our modern day technology isn't a negative after all, isn't robbing us of our connection to the source, but gives us yet another tool with which to connect!!

Ciro...did you put yourself into the deck!?!?! How magical is that...

namaste!!

lunakasha

janstar17 said:
The addition of the very 'earthy' feel provided by the animals and the rich sense of the 'mysterious' provided by the astonomy coupled with the very 'today' feel provided by the machinery is another aspect of this deck that makes it extraordinary.

Many decks that incorporate a techno element seem to me to lose that spiritual or mystical quality. This deck unites the two with elegance and grace. Actually, it makes me feel as though all our modern day technology isn't a negative after all, isn't robbing us of our connection to the source, but gives us yet another tool with which to connect!!

Very true....I really like the way you described this "feeling" of the Gilded, and the way all of these seemingly unrelated elements come together so fluently...you have provided a very insightful, coherent description here janstar....

:D Luna

dolphinprincess

I agree :D

Its not often that you find a deck that can use such different elements and have it work so perfectly. The Gilded is very modern ... and very earthy at the same time. I had never really thought about this until reading your post, janstar17.

tmgrl2

Ditto to all, Ciro...brilliant deck! TY for your picture of ....yourself, you say? LOL...love the critters, too...

terri

tmgrl2

Ok...I have to do another favorite...I could probably do this with most of the deck!

Since I have been the Page of Swords in the Dream Circle and in my Four of Swords Spread...I have to say, I love Ciro's Page of Swords...the blue is there for the intellect...the face, hair and clothing definitely bring out the dreamer and the feminine side of this personage, which I love, since I am a female but identify with both male/female aspects of the cards.

Here, the Page points the large sword toward the earth. In the RW, the Page wields the sword with both hands behind and toward the sky and in the Tarot de Marseille, the page points with the sword in the left hand toward the floppy eight portion of the hat...Since I see the Page of Swords as an intellect card, but also as a dreamer and sometimes as a chaotic, or wild youth, I like the GT Page pointing the sword to the earth as though s(he) knows s(he) needs to be grounded in order to best use the intellectual talents.

I love the archway behind the Page with the very fiery orange in the sky, the creative orange from the wands cards' gemstones.
The purple hat and sleeves and leg stripes are spiritual elements and the red/fuschia feathers and stripes are the passionate red of the cups/emotions....but the blue gemstone, says "communication/intellect" as the predominant message of the Page of Swords.

Oh how a former color reader loves the colors of the Gilded Tarot!

terri

The 78th Fool

I love the Ace of Pentacles more than anything else in this deck. I think Ciro's Pentacle design is so totally elegant and ingenious and this card shows it in its full glory
Chris. x

lunakasha

Anyone want to talk about your favorite card(s) from the Gilded Tarot????

I have several, but I think my favorite is still VI The Lovers, which has already been discussed here in great detail....

:D Luna

tmgrl2

I did a reading for another Scorpio today...my masseuse...

A three card using my LE....my card for me is The Page of Swords.

First card up for her, The Page of Swords...and she shuffled and cut and shuffled and cut...love it!

Got my book and deck today! Great packaging!

terri

Catpaw

Ilike the following cards of the Gilded Tarot

1. Temperance -- just beautiful ; no other words needed
2. Hermit -- shows the wisdom of the ages and also the burdens of it
3. 3 of Cups -- reminds me of a scene from the Witches of Eastwick
4. 5 of Cups -- The pain on the man's face is os lifelike
5. Moon -- beautiful face.

Catpaw

Parzival

Gilded Tarot-- Favorite Card

I like the way the whole deck holds together, the majors with the majors, wands with wands, etc. But the Wheel of Fortune is beautifully mysterious and intriguing, so unique in its combination of astronomy and technology and art. One of my favorites. Unfathomable.