Help Identifying this crystal

kduphily

Hi everyone, I am trying to identify this crystal, the guy I got it from said it was rose quartz, but i dont know, but it fit perfectly in my hand so I had to have it
sorry for the poor quality of the pic, I was trying to show how it shimmers when light shines on it,

Thanks Kris
rose quartz egg.jpg

Onion Budgie

It's lovely, but if that's rose quartz then it's the palest, milkiest rose quartz that I've ever seen. :)

I'm more inclined to thinking that it could be either zeolite or moonstone.

SilverCloudedWolf

Ooh, pretty! I don't think it's rose quartz either. When you touch it, does it feel slightly waxy? If so, then it could be mangano calcite.

kduphily

Hi Thank you both for responding, it dosnt feel waxy exactly, but it is humin and my hands are damp so maybe its just that. I was thinking moonstone too, but im not sure and the pictures i find dont exactly look like it. will have to check out zeolite and see what I get.

Kris

PS. it is lovely thank you :)

linnie

Petalite, or a really pale sunstone, would be my guess... :)

kduphily

Petalite, or a really pale sunstone, would be my guess... :)

Sorry I didn't see your response, I will deffinatly check them out...thanks so much for your suggestions

omshanti72

I'd go with Stilbite (which is a Zeolite) but it does look a lot like Petalite as well - the only thing that makes me think it isn't Petalite is because of how expensive a palm would cost in that size.

Blessings :)

kduphily

I really don't think the guy knew what he had...I got it for one dollar ...think I got a deal lol

linnie

I'd go with Stilbite (which is a Zeolite) but it does look a lot like Petalite as well - the only thing that makes me think it isn't Petalite is because of how expensive a palm would cost in that size.

Blessings :)
I have a palm sized Petalite stone, beautifully shaped and ever-so-gently blushed in colour, and it cost $11, but that was in a stall at a gem festival where people knew what they were selling... It's not an expensive stone, compared to my other pieces the same size... :)

The reason I thought it could be either petalite or sunstone is because kduphily mentioned the shimmer, and sunstone has a definite shimmer or sparkle, and can be as pale in colour as this specimen, but my petalite also has a very gentle sheen or glimmer, with a very pale and soft rose quartz pink.... Best wishes... I hope you find your answer kduphily. :)

kduphily

The reason I thought it could be either petalite or sunstone is because kduphily mentioned the shimmer, and sunstone has a definite shimmer or sparkle, and can be as pale in colour as this specimen, but my petalite also has a very gentle sheen or glimmer, with a very pale and soft rose quartz pink.... Best wishes... I hope you find your answer kduphily. :)

Thanks I'm still trying ti figure it out, I wish I could get a picture of the shimmer it has in person because its amazing to see but my camera sticks big time. I may have to bring it to a friends shop and show it to her rock guy but its a 1 hour trip one way and haven't had the time yet. Hopefully I will have answers lol because I have googled all of the suggestions and they all look like any of them could be it lol