Idiosyncradeck

Nemia

Mine came right now. I don't have time for a nice little deck interview but I'm also looking forward to it. This deck comes with a whole load of spring energy - very well thought-out, especially the court cards must have been difficult to characterize so clearly.

I have no idea what someone without a tarot background would get from this deck - but I think it's a very non-threatening and clear way to give tarot a voice.

I like decks without human faces, I have a little sub-collection of animal and nature decks. Our human habit of projecting feelings onto nature and then "reading" these feelings is so deeply embedded, and I appreciate artists who make use of our ability and tendency to do so.

There are not many faces looking at us in this deck - but the Hanged Man does, and it's this little sloth-y smile that made me buy the deck. Looking at the deck as a whole, this face is actually the least representative card of the deck. But it has such charm! I'm glad though the artist didn't use charming animals on every card. Most card are still life scenes from nature and within the house.

Yes, I should have ordered the oracle, too, I'm sorely tempted to do so right now before it gets unavailable...

valkyrie_

If anyone doesn't get along with their deck, I am in love with the Idiosyncradeck. I'm kicking myself for not finding this deck sooner... I actually discovered it 2 days after it was sold out and I am so sad! :(