Tinker's Damn Tarot

Freder

Although it's still a work in progress, I can now announce that TINKER'S DAMN TAROT is Coming Soon and likely to be published by Late Spring -- that is, Late Spring by Maine standards, not by California or Florida standards!

It's turning into a powerful deck. All the finished cards are online now at www.tarotbyducksoup.com -- although the most recent additions are here: http://mysterydecks.tarotbyducksoup.com

More new stuff is also coming along in the near future... but none of it is appropriate for this thread, so -- I'll be seeing you elsewhere!

DT

Le Fanu

As ever - superb work. Such a fevered imagination you have. Your decks just get better and better. I love this one- so sinister. I shall definitely want one!

bonebeach

I'm a devoted Zirkus fan and yesss, this looks so glorious and sinister! Love that Fool/Zeigeist card. Queen of Swords is perfect for me, and that Ace of Water--ugh, gorgeous, gorgeous. I'm going to hope for a distressed deck with a distressed deck price, but either way I definitely want this.

prudence

This looks like it will be the best looking and well put together "Steampunk" deck on the market. Sorry to use that term, as it is so overused and abused these days. I realize your deck doesn't have a cog or a pair of goggles in each card, but to my eyes, it fits the genre, but so tastefully and deftly.

Well done, yet again, Freder. :thumbsup:

Quester

This deck goes to the top of my wish list!!!!

feynrir

Wow, GORGEOUS! I am beyond captivated! :D

gregory

I shall want it - I know I shall - BUT - I wish you'd do your orders directly through Printerstudio, or do as seven stars does - you run it through them and they send the decks out from their system. That way we avoid customs charges - I have been hit THREE TIMES this week.... UK limits are ridiculously low - and the £8 for ecah one that goes to the post office REALLY annoys. Your distressed one was fantastic - it came from them with no fees :D

It is increasingly putting me off ordering anything from the US. Packages from there seem to get hit worst - and all my ones from China lately have been miraculously mailed in the UK - some kind of mass distribution service the sellers subscribe to - which also gets around the fees. (For those who say we should all pay taxes - yes, I agree - and while it annoys, I am OK with the VAT. It is the charge the post office makes that really hurts - it is often 2-3 times as much as the amount they are collecting - on one memorable occasion it was £8 to collect 89 PENCE ! - and all they have to do is have me pay and sign a card :()

Freder

First, thanks all for the kind words. A Tarot deck is almost like a novel in that it is a long grind and not a project that you can blast through, but it does have the advantage over novels in that you can release bits and pieces of it as they are done, and then feed greedily off the kind comments!

Gregory -- that is exactly the way I ship most everything now. Only the first edition Zircuses and the single Post Cards are shipped by me from the USA. Everything else goes direct from my suppliers. The Playroom Oracles do ship from Game Crafter in the USA. The rest drop-ship from Hong Kong (I think).

Prudence -- I don;t mind or disavow the Steampunk label although this isn't strictly speaking a Steampunk deck. Still, it does have that kind of vibe, and the period is right.

Bonebeach -- a distressed version isn't part of my immediate plans, but I shan't rule it out in the long term. Actually, I'm looking to release this in two versions from the start: as a standard Tarot size, and as a gigantic JUMBO size deck, with 3.5 x 5.75" cards. The aspect ratio of the larger cards is slightly different, but I think I can make it work, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it in that monster size!!!!

Le Fanu, Quester, Feynir -- Thank you, thank you and thank you! Every good novelist wants to write *THE* novel, the all-conquering novel that will live forever. And in the same way with every deck I'm really trying to make *THE* deck but always falling short somehow. I guess the falling short is a good thing because it's what keeps you working on the next project and the one after and the one after.

Thanks, all, again --

DT

gregory

Gregory -- that is exactly the way I ship most everything now. Only the first edition Zircuses and the single Post Cards are shipped by me from the USA. Everything else goes direct from my suppliers. The Playroom Oracles do ship from Game Crafter in the USA. The rest drop-ship from Hong Kong (I think).
THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS ! Thanks for telling us. :thumbsup:

Freder

The Jumbo-sized Majors-only deck is going to happen.

Just waiting on the printed proofs.

Arriving by the end of the month.

Nothing official up at the site yet about this particular release, but I'll get there in the next few days. It's going to include a coupon code for 10% off a matching minors deck when all is complete, so no one will have to buy a whole other deck if they don't want to.

www.tarotbyducksoup.com