Mercury Retrograde in Libra - Monday, Sept. 7, 2009

Indigo Rose

Bernice said:
Being honest here, I can't see why everyone is so freaked out over mercury Rx.

It happens very frequently, with only minor hitches, usually more noticable if your chart and progressed chart is sensitive to it.

Every Mercury RX I encounter I see communication problems, electronic/technology related problems, transportation troubles, reverses, hitches, breakdowns, and troubles of varying kinds....either in my own life or the lives of those around me. I am a Gemini Rising with a Moon Virgo...so both my Natal Chart and Lunar Chart are ruled by Mercury. Also, I feel it does have different effects based upon what signs are involved(as Mercury Rx's happen in different signs.) This means that different people will be effected during each Mercury Rx period. Generally people rule by Mercury or with significant Mercury planet/house placements will notice some effect. That has been my experience personally, and something i've observed in others as well. With all that said, unfortunately the following statement i made earlier in this thread is already coming true.....

Indigo Rose said:
Oh boy, I have a feeling this one is going to be a bit choppy for my Libra loved ones; especially since Saturn will be heading into Libra on October 29th!:(
Looks like lots of love and prayers are in order. :heart:
Thanks for the heads up, GA.

My Libra Aunt...a Libra 5 X over with Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Neptune...all in Libra was just told this past week her Cancer has returned. :(

My Libra brother-in-law is in some real trouble, and had a traumatic experience last night related to it. :(

Indeed much LOVE and prayers are needed. :heart:

By the way, today is a Virgo quad with Sun, Moon, Mercury RX, and Saturn all conjunct in late degree Virgo...and yes the New Moon. :bugeyed:

Be especially careful in your work, communications, and use of technology. Also remember the seeds you plant today will reach full bloom by the full moon...two weeks; so plant carefully. :heart:

AmethystEyes

Um...do only bad things happen to Libras during this retrograde....now I'm concerned about someone I know who has lots of Libra...but I can't speak with them :(

Bernice

By the way, today is a Virgo quad with Sun, Moon, Mercury RX, and Saturn all conjunct in late degree Virgo...and yes the New Moon.
Thanks for cheering me up :(

I have a bunch of planets, and aspects (mere seconds of orb) all within that area. I also have strong Gemini/Virgo.

More importantly, I dicovered years ago that transits without other chart factors, are negible. Not a good idea to 'cry wolf' without a proper inspection of a chart.

Bee.

Indigo Rose

DevilishAngel said:
Um...do only bad things happen to Libras during this retrograde....now I'm concerned about someone I know who has lots of Libra...but I can't speak with them :(

I can't say that only bad things happen during Mercury Rx, as for some this represents a time of reflection and review which can yield positive returns at the end of it. However, for many others challenges will arise. This Mercury Rx is one which started in Libra and has retro'd back to Virgo, so from that vantage point those who will notice greater challenges may be: Libras, Aries(to a lesser degree Cancer and Capricorn) and Virgos, Pisces, Geminis(to a lesser degree Sagittarius); oh and those with significant Mercury placements or 3rd and 6th house placements/planetary aspects. It's too comprehensive to make generalized statements about any one group; except that we can deduct who is most likely to feel the effects. Currently Libras(and opposing sign of Aries) are facing some difficult Astro energies now(with the Mercury Rx) and into the future as Saturn shifts into Libra in October, where it will stay for over 2 years. That Saturn shift is what was on my mind, when I was thinking about my Libra loved ones. I have seen the impact Saturn has on people's lives, and it something which calls us to pay attention. :heart:

Indigo Rose

Bernice said:
More importantly, I dicovered years ago that transits without other chart factors, are negible. Not a good idea to 'cry wolf' without a proper inspection of a chart.

Bee.

Granted we shouldn't 'cry wolf' so to speak, however denial of powerful energies in play never helps anyone. There are plenty of people who are facing challenges because of the Astro weather and it is wise to pay attention. However, I agree that if one wants to know specifically how or if the Astro weather will effect them personally they should look at the personal chart. Remember though, that Astro weather also has a 'mass effect' as it's what is in "the air"(socially speaking)...so we may have some contact with it, even if it's not our personal chart being impacted.

Milfoil

Well, I have no idea about this other person's chart but this weekend I witnessed a dreadful breakdown in communication, inappropriate behavior and it affected everyone involved including myself. Hey-ho!

AmethystEyes

Communication....computers? Because my father's died yesterday and my sis's died today! Although her's is always doing that lol but she just got it fixed.

victoria.star

Milfoil said:
Well, I have no idea about this other person's chart but this weekend I witnessed a dreadful breakdown in communication, inappropriate behavior and it affected everyone involved including myself. Hey-ho!
*smiling, understanding*
for me, I (bold capital italics pulsating) I was the one who displayed inappropriate behavior during a communication breakdown.
although I feel I was correct in assessing the situation, I was totally in poor form the way I handled it.

as far as technologically, we had a new phone installed and the nice guy who was installing it had to leave twice due to errors in his system and the whole procedure took twice as long as he said it normally does.

i went out on a limb and mentioned Mercury Retrograde and he nodded, saying that his company used to send out notices during times of solar flares, etc., to their technicians so they would know that something might be afoot.

interesting! now, if only i could rewind time and stuff cotton in my mouth...

Milfoil

We all do it, sometimes its necessary to blow a fuse but the trouble is, the fallout and damage it causes to others.

For me, this past weekend has been, like Indigo Rose states:

I can't say that only bad things happen during Mercury Rx, as for some this represents a time of reflection and review which can yield positive returns at the end of it. However, for many others challenges will arise.

it was a testing time, a time of reflection and has a positive end even though it is challenging at the time. Someone who I have looked up to as a teacher here in the UK is clearly going through a hard time but their actions harmed a complete stranger which, from a respected healer and teacher, I can neither accept nor overlook. This has lead to me reviewing the incident at length to find both compassion for this person and a strength in myself. Although I cannot hold this person in the same respect and regard that I once did, I still hold them in my heart and pray that they find enough strength to seek out healing which, at present, they seem hard and fast against doing.

The whole incident has strengthened me and so perhaps thats why I was the only one there to witness it??? It is ok for me to distance myself and to still be there for this person so there has been a change of roles on my part. Definately a reversal!

victoria.star

Milfoil said:
We all do it, sometimes its necessary to blow a fuse but the trouble is, the fallout and damage it causes to others.

The whole incident has strengthened me and so perhaps thats why I was the only one there to witness it??? It is ok for me to distance myself and to still be there for this person so there has been a change of roles on my part. Definately a reversal!
I always try to look at challenges as teachings, learning experiences and chances for growth.
I just seem to be learning (not learning ;) ) this lesson over and over.

However, your post made me direct my thinking in a positive manner and I have come up with that, although my communication skills went on vacation and I wish I would have behaved differently, the incident shook me up to the point of acknowledging my own behavior and the way it was affecting others. It also led me to some quiet calmness that enabled me to view the whole scene from several different perspectives and I believed I gained a moment of clarity where I had an insight that was pertinent to the situation and to my emotional health and safety.

Hopefully anyway :)