The All Things "Baba" Thread

Libra8ca

GadgetGirl said:
Oh gosh yes!! I'm sold on the Slings too. I thought they were really really small but when I looked at the photos of the models wearing them, they're not quite as small as I thought.
They also have shoulder bags that are slightly larger....... I have two of them :|

I recently bought their 2011 Bohemian Cats Calendar and it's just gorgeous. In fact I got a second copy which I will give to my mother. :thumbsup:
I'm really curious what this "Zodiac Cats" project mentioned in their newsletter is. I like what I'm seeing and I want more! Astrology is my other passion after all. })
And yes, I'd love to see scarves and I'm still waiting if they will make any pillows (I'd love "Strength" on a pillow!)
We have to keep in mind though that Baba is a small enterprise and I almost felt sorry for Karen yesterday with the onslaught on the new bags.... I think they still need to adjust to how popular they have become! Better though to have stuff flying of the shelves than sitting there!:D :D

Disa

Lets not forget the wonderful customer service they provide. Karen always has gone over and above to help me with any issues that arose.

Last Christmas I bought a Laptop bag and a sling pouch both with the Gothic Tarot Reader design here:

http://baba-store.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30421

http://baba-store.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30569

Both are exquisite - the Laptop bag is perfect!

Oh, I also got a couple of regular bags and it's no surprise how wonderful they are.

I think I would love to have a couple of shoulder bags- maybe this Christmas!

Aerin

I would like a half size messenger, the size of a handbag. At the moment I use a messenger for work and I do have a few to choose from...

I love the sling pouches. I use one as an evening bag with a Tarot print on it.

I'm yet to get a World cosmetics bag.

AineFoley

The messengers are an ideal size for a notebook computer by the way - I have five (bags, not computers) and I will be getting more because it's nice having bags for different moods - I'm in my "don't mess with me need to finish my thesis" mood right now so I am using this bag:
http://baba-store.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30173

I did have one potentially embarrassing incident a few months back - I was walking down Grafton St (main shopping street in Dublin) with my Brave Tabby messenger and some horrible man shouted "nice pussy" at me - I said "thank you"! (I don't embarrass easily).

The cosmetics bags are great by the way - I have the Lady and the Unicorn and ordered another one for one of my fellow medievalists - it came to the Leeds Medieval Congress with me last month (they would have sold like hotcakes at the crafts fair there!)

Even though I've been reading/collecting tarot cards for almost 20 years I discovered Baba through their bags - finding out that they also designed those incredible decks was just a nice bonus. And I can't wait to see what magical projects they will think up in the future...

OctoberGwen

AineFoley said:
The messengers are an ideal size for a notebook computer by the way - I have five (bags, not computers) ...

You sold me. I dashed back over and ordered one of the two last Faith/Hope/Chocolate ones because that price was simply too good to pass up. My first messenger - hooray! :D

AineFoley said:
I did have one potentially embarrassing incident a few months back - I was walking down Grafton St (main shopping street in Dublin) with my Brave Tabby messenger and some horrible man shouted "nice pussy" at me - I said "thank you"! (I don't embarrass easily).

Okay, that's hilarious. Good for you.

AineFoley said:
And I can't wait to see what magical projects they will think up in the future...

Did you notice the new Vintage Baba etsy shop they've just opened?

AineFoley

OctoberGwen said:
You sold me. I dashed back over and ordered one of the two last Faith/Hope/Chocolate ones because that price was simply too good to pass up. My first messenger - hooray! :D

Did you notice the new Vintage Baba etsy shop they've just opened?

The messengers are great - I need a bag big enough to put my assorted junk into, I always have at least one book with me. Apparantly there will be a new improved version coming out with more pockets - can't wait!

The Vintage what? Ummmm, I need to trot over to Etsy now... :)

Storm82

I sooo wish I could afford a shoulder bag! :/

OctoberGwen

Storm82 said:

Maybe they will have some at the next sale. {{{{Storm82}}}}

Aerin

Storm82 said:

I actually prefer the sling pouches now, except for the straps which I love on the shoulder bags.

The sling pouches are pretty much the same cost as a deck.

greatdane

LOVE the slings too, Aerin!

I like I can take the straps off, and then just use the bag like a tarot bag and pop it into my bigger bag!

When slings come out in the new image, I want a Mori and Five Cups! :)