Horary Readings - Answers

Minderwiz

Reading for haleyw

Love this thread! Would it be possible to join too please? :)

ETA: My question is similar to others. I've had a few short relationships and met a lot of men along the way, but not one of them has been the right one for me. I believe that's happened for a reason, in order for me to meet someone who is right for me. I would like to know if I'm right about that and if you can give me any details about him? Is there someone out there I'm destined to meet? Or am destined to become a spinster? ;)

Agreed period = up to 1 year

The chart has Capricorn rising but is cast for the hour of Jupiter. This gives a disagreement on most views between the Ascendant ruler and the Hour Lord. The only connection is that in Hellenistic Astrology Saturn is seen as a particpating planet in the Fire Triplicity, of which Jupiter is a member. Both planets are dirunal and masculine. With the proviso that I have a doubt about the radicality of the chart I'll read it.

You are signified by Saturn. Saturn is in Libra, its exaltation. It is also the triplicity ruler for the Air Triplicity and therefore in it's own triplicity and also in its own Face. Saturn is therefore a powerful planet in terms of it's intrinsic strength. It's disadvantage is that it's in the eighth House, which is not a very fortunate position. Usually this means that you will find it either difficult to act, or difficult to act in the way you want, or that you will find it difficult to be noticed. However, Saturn is direct and free from the Sun's beams, it's also fast - so you may well be able to act quickly and decisively but the issue is acting in the way that you want - in other words getting it right.

In Libra, Saturn is ruled by Venus, so Venus signifies your main priority. Venus rules the fourth and the eighth houses, so settling down and setting up home seem to be to the fore. Ruling the eighth, Venus is accidentally malefic, so unless you're after someone to support you in the manner to which you want to be accustomed, this is not as good as it might be. You're also very concerned for yourself, (Saturn is in exaltation and triplicity ruler) and this is probably your dominant feeling but in the nicest possible way - you don't want to be alone (Saturn is in the Terms of Jupiter, which rules the eleventh house of friends but also hopes and aspirations).

The prospective romantic interest is signified by the Moon. She rules the seventh House and is placed in Libra applying to Saturn by conjunction. In many ways this is good. The prospective partner also wants to settle down and set up a home, He wants someone like you - as the Moon too is in Saturn's exaltation and triplicity.

So far so good. If the Moon's next aspect is the conjunction to Saturn then all is well. However, before the conjunction is perfected, the Moon will firstly sextile Venus and then sextile the Sun. So this conjunction will not be enough to ensure that what you want comes to pass.

So we must look for other ways that this could happen. John Frawley in his book on Horary Astrology uses Venus is co-significator for the female and the Sun as co-significator of the male. This is reflected in Lilly's classic work on Horary. In this chart, Venus (you) is applying to a conjunction with the (Sun) him but again before the conjunction can be perfected, Venus squares Jupiter. again it doesn't work.

Lastly though, I can use the Moon (him) sextiling Venus (you) and this does work.

So yes, there seems a good chance of meeting someone in the next 12 months. It might not come about easily but it should happen, providing that you are ready to act when the opportunity arises and that you properly direct your actions to achieve the desired outcome.

Attachments

• hayleyw Horary.jpg
    hayleyw Horary.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 95

scorpiogirl

update: i asked this person to work on a project. he obliged. but you are right he is busy, busying moving to a new home. he said he may not get to it quick enough but is happy to do it.

Minderwiz

Thanks for the update! It's good to know when the reading works out and I got it reasonably right. And indeed when I get it hopelessly wrong!!!

Minderwiz

Moon Void of Course

I'm not doing a reading tonight as the Moon was Void of Course when I cast the chart for NikkiB. I'll hopefully be doing her reading tomorrow

haleyw

Agreed period = up to 1 year

The chart has Capricorn rising but is cast for the hour of Jupiter. This gives a disagreement on most views between the Ascendant ruler and the Hour Lord. The only connection is that in Hellenistic Astrology Saturn is seen as a particpating planet in the Fire Triplicity, of which Jupiter is a member. Both planets are dirunal and masculine. With the proviso that I have a doubt about the radicality of the chart I'll read it.

You are signified by Saturn. Saturn is in Libra, its exaltation. It is also the triplicity ruler for the Air Triplicity and therefore in it's own triplicity and also in its own Face. Saturn is therefore a powerful planet in terms of it's intrinsic strength. It's disadvantage is that it's in the eighth House, which is not a very fortunate position. Usually this means that you will find it either difficult to act, or difficult to act in the way you want, or that you will find it difficult to be noticed. However, Saturn is direct and free from the Sun's beams, it's also fast - so you may well be able to act quickly and decisively but the issue is acting in the way that you want - in other words getting it right.

Yes, getting it right has been my problem up to now. :) Looks like I'll need to balance things out, weigh a few things up and as you say act quickly. I'll remember this advise

In Libra, Saturn is ruled by Venus, so Venus signifies your main priority. Venus rules the fourth and the eighth houses, so settling down and setting up home seem to be to the fore. Ruling the eighth, Venus is accidentally malefic, so unless you're after someone to support you in the manner to which you want to be accustomed, this is not as good as it might be. You're also very concerned for yourself, (Saturn is in exaltation and triplicity ruler) and this is probably your dominant feeling but in the nicest possible way - you don't want to be alone (Saturn is in the Terms of Jupiter, which rules the eleventh house of friends but also hopes and aspirations).

I'm living back with my parents at the minute and when I'm in a position to, then my first priority will be to set up my own homw again. No, I don't want to be alone and would lover to meet someone, but not until I'm sorted. My life is pretty much upside down at the minute and until I'm back to how I was before then meeting a man is the furthest thing on my mind. I just wanted to know if there will be someone in future. :)

The prospective romantic interest is signified by the Moon. She rules the seventh House and is placed in Libra applying to Saturn by conjunction. In many ways this is good. The prospective partner also wants to settle down and set up a home, He wants someone like you - as the Moon too is in Saturn's exaltation and triplicity.

That's good to know! :)

So far so good. If the Moon's next aspect is the conjunction to Saturn then all is well. However, before the conjunction is perfected, the Moon will firstly sextile Venus and then sextile the Sun. So this conjunction will not be enough to ensure that what you want comes to pass..

A few bumps along the way? The course of love has NEVER ran easily for me, so I would actually be alarmed if it did anyway ;)

So we must look for other ways that this could happen. John Frawley in his book on Horary Astrology uses Venus is co-significator for the female and the Sun as co-significator of the male. This is reflected in Lilly's classic work on Horary. In this chart, Venus (you) is applying to a conjunction with the (Sun) him but again before the conjunction can be perfected, Venus squares Jupiter. again it doesn't work.

Lastly though, I can use the Moon (him) sextiling Venus (you) and this does work.

So yes, there seems a good chance of meeting someone in the next 12 months. It might not come about easily but it should happen, providing that you are ready to act when the opportunity arises and that you properly direct your actions to achieve the desired outcome.

Thank you Minderwiz! :) I really need to remember this when the time comes. I feel as if it's almost saying, firstly don't let something pass me by and secondly don't give up at any hurdles.

I must remember to update you. Thanks again. :heart:

NikkiB

I'm not doing a reading tonight as the Moon was Void of Course when I cast the chart for NikkiB. I'll hopefully be doing her reading tomorrow

I have NO idea what that means but thank you :D

Minderwiz

Reading for NikkiB

NikkiB said:
I have NO idea what that means but thank you

The Moon is Void of Course if it fails to make (or apply to) a major aspect before it moves into the next sign. The Moon is seen as a key planet in Horary Astrology and Traditional Astrology approaches, as the Moon is the link between humanity on Earth and the planets and stars. If the Moon cannot aspect them, then little is likely to happen in terms of a question asked or any actions that are being considered in Astrology.

If you are still taking sitters I would love to be added please.

I would like to know if K and I can sort the problems out and reconcile our relationship

Background details: together ten years, split up 1.1/2 years ago which a brief reconciliation this time last year. Reason for split - my depression causing very difficult behavior and a suicide attempt he couldn't cope with this or the work pressures we both had plus i had moved for work 200 miles away and he travelled every weekend which was exhausting. we both ended up ill, depressed and burnt out.

thank you!

The question has been clarified to cover a period of a year and the issues of depression and work rate are not now as serious as they were.

The chart is cast for the hour of Venus and has Scorpio rising. Mars and Venus share only their nocturnal nature, but I'll take the chart, as radical, with some reserations

You are signified by Mars, which is in Cancer, where it is in Fall. This normally would leave it very weak but in this case Mars has a mutual reception with the Moon, through rulership and is also in it's own terms. So Mars is moderately strong and with help could be very strong.

Mars is placed in the eighth house which is not a strong placement by any means. Generally planets in the 8th (and 12th, 6th and to an extent 2nd) are unable to aspect the Ascendant through a major aspect and are 'out of the way' or signify either a difficulty in being seen or being able to see or easily influence what's going on. You are, in a real sense, out of the way. Mars is fast, direct and oriental, which does give it some power to act quickly if the chance materialises.

Venus signifies him. Venus is peregrine in Leo - peregrine is a debility - he's not strong as far as this question is concerned, so he will have not have the power to act decisively. Peregrine literally means a wanderer, so he doesn't really know what he wants. Venus is combust - it's in a conjunction with the Sun and this effectively means it can't be seen so he not only doesn't know what he wants, he's not able to see the situation clearly. Venus is in the ninth House, which is your house of dreams, which is consistent with the background to the question.

Neither of you are particularly strong in this situation, or able to act decisively (at least with any ease at all) but you are the stronger of the two. So if anything happens you must initiate it (which I think is your intention).

There is no major aspect between Mars and Venus, indeed Venus is separating from Mars - moving further away. This does not suggest success.

The Moon's is about to perfect a trine to Mars, so another possible way to success would be if the Moon went on and aspected Venus next. This would suggest that someone else was instrumental in bringing you two together again. Sadly the Moon's next aspect is an opposition to Jupiter, so that does not offer success either.

John Frawley and William Lilly allow other significators for a relationship question like this, Venus can be used for the female and the Sun can be used for the male. Unfortunately I've allocated Venus to him, so whilst Venus is about to aspect the Sun by conjunction, both these planets are significators for him.

That leaves me with only one possibility

The Moon can be used as a co-significator for both the Querent (you) and the Quesited (reconciling the relationship). If I were to use it as such, then the reconciled relationship is a real possibility and could be achieved quickly as the Moon (quesited) is about to Trine Mars (querent). What's more that Trine is accompanied by a mutual reception - it's what you both want.

I said at the outset that I had some reservtions here, because Mars and Venus are not friends but the are the symbols of male and female. There's one other reservation - the Moon is in the Via Combusta, an area of the zodiac where some Astrologers said that judgement was unsafe. However, Lilly does not seem to have followed this consideration and he's seen as the authority in Horary.

So with that reservation I'm going to say that it's more than likely that you will be able to reconcile the relationship within the time period and most likely that it will be sooner rather than later. Please bear in mind the implication of your question - reconciling requires you to act and take the initiative/ Be careful, the situation described in the chart is not one that's conducive to immediate understanding by you both but it should be worth the effort.

Try and it should work out!

Attachments

• NikkiB Horary.jpg
    NikkiB Horary.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 95

NikkiB

The Moon is Void of Course if it fails to make (or apply to) a major aspect before it moves into the next sign. The Moon is seen as a key planet in Horary Astrology and Traditional Astrology approaches, as the Moon is the link between humanity on Earth and the planets and stars. If the Moon cannot aspect them, then little is likely to happen in terms of a question asked or any actions that are being considered in Astrology.

Thank you for clarifying that

Mars is placed in the eighth house which is not a strong placement by any means. Generally planets in the 8th (and 12th, 6th and to an extent 2nd) are unable to aspect the Ascendant through a major aspect and are 'out of the way' or signify either a difficulty in being seen or being able to see or easily influence what's going on. You are, in a real sense, out of the way. Mars is fast, direct and oriental, which does give it some power to act quickly if the chance materialises.

yes I am "out the way" with so little communication and so many miles between there seems to be distance on every level

Venus signifies him. Venus is peregrine in Leo - peregrine is a debility - he's not strong as far as this question is concerned, so he will have not have the power to act decisively. Peregrine literally means a wanderer, so he doesn't really know what he wants. Venus is combust - it's in a conjunction with the Sun and this effectively means it can't be seen so he not only doesn't know what he wants, he's not able to see the situation clearly. Venus is in the ninth House, which is your house of dreams, which is consistent with the background to the question.

this makes a lot of sense, i dont believe he knows what he wants and he absolutely cant see the situation clearly as his perceptions are out of date to the person i am now, plus his own confusion

Neither of you are particularly strong in this situation, or able to act decisively (at least with any ease at all) but you are the stronger of the two. So if anything happens you must initiate it (which I think is your intention).

no this is also true as u have described him above and i feel there is little i can do. i have actually in between asking for this reading and receiving it sent him an email about it all.. so yes it was my intention and i have acted on it

There is no major aspect between Mars and Venus, indeed Venus is separating from Mars - moving further away. This does not suggest success.

yes it feels like that sometimes!

The Moon's is about to perfect a trine to Mars, so another possible way to success would be if the Moon went on and aspected Venus next. This would suggest that someone else was instrumental in bringing you two together again. Sadly the Moon's next aspect is an opposition to Jupiter, so that does not offer success either.

when i first read this i thought of someone else interest in me which apparently he is not happy about but your right i don't think its enough to make him act

The Moon can be used as a co-significator for both the Querent (you) and the Quesited (reconciling the relationship). If I were to use it as such, then the reconciled relationship is a real possibility and could be achieved quickly as the Moon (quesited) is about to Trine Mars (querent). What's more that Trine is accompanied by a mutual reception - it's what you both want.

liking this one better :)

I said at the outset that I had some reservtions here, because Mars and Venus are not friends but the are the symbols of male and female. There's one other reservation - the Moon is in the Via Combusta, an area of the zodiac where some Astrologers said that judgement was unsafe. However, Lilly does not seem to have followed this consideration and he's seen as the authority in Horary.

ok reservations noted but developing a fondness for Lilly

So with that reservation I'm going to say that it's more than likely that you will be able to reconcile the relationship within the time period and most likely that it will be sooner rather than later. Please bear in mind the implication of your question - reconciling requires you to act and take the initiative/ Be careful, the situation described in the chart is not one that's conducive to immediate understanding by you both but it should be worth the effort.

Try and it should work out!

.......And developing a fondness for you :D !

ok well i have already acted and i do believe it will either produce results or that will be it... (although at the moment im sure he has retracted in his cancer shell to panic a bit first) and totally i can see the point about issues with immediate understanding - to go forward would take a lot of working out and working through... and i do think it would be worth the effort if he is willing to meet me somewhere along the line :)

Thank you - that was really interesting having never had any form (or understanding) of astrological reading and helpful - having already taken the initiative im relieved you didnt end up with a totally no way lol!

thank you again so much for the time you took to help me !

Minderwiz

Reading for Maria Tarot

Hi,
of course, I'm not in a relationship and I don't have anyone in mind.
I would like to know what chances do I have to be in a relationship till the end of the year.
I'm not sure if I'm prepared to be in a relationship, but I would like to be in one and have a child.

Thank you :)

The chart is cast during the hour of Mars and has Libra rising. There's only a very loose relationship between Mars and Venus (they are both nocturnal planets) but no similarity by nature or triplicity. So some doubt must be attached to the possibility of the matter being perfected.

You are signified by Venus, the prospective partner by Mars. Venus is in it's own terms in Leo conjunct the cusp of the eleventh (which signifies hopes and aspirations) So you are certainly hoping for the relationship. The Sun rules the eleventh and is conjunct Venus - Venus is combust. This signifies that you might well be overwhelmed by this matter - perhaps too concerned with it, or you're not seeing things clearly or that in someway you are not able to shine through. It's your hopes and your needs which dominate, not so much romance and relationships, in an emotional sense - that is you like the idea of the relationship and hope for it but there's no emotional attachment. Saturn is in the Ascendant, and this is often taken to signify that things will not work out, Saturn is at least in exaltation in Libra, as well as being triplicity and face ruler. so it's not as bad as it might have been.

Looking at the prospective partner. Mars is in Fall in Cancer, and conjunct the MC (a possible work colleague or met through work?) Mars does have some dignity through Terms, but being in Fall makes him obscure, and not easily noticed. Now he does aspect the Seventh cusp by square. This is both good and a bit akward. The good is that he has some connection to your House of partnership but the square means that difficulties will be involved. As Mars is in the Water triplciity ruled by Venus, he would be interested in you.

So far there is a prospective partner, but whether you'll see him or like him if you do is very much open to question. Venus combust and Mars in Fall both suggest that you're not really going to notice or if you do be attracted.

There is however, a real possibility of meeting - both Lilly and John Frawley use secondary significators for marriage and relationship horaries. The Sun is used for the male and Venus for the female. Now you are already signified by Venus but as Venus is in applying conjunction to the Sun, we have the possibility of perfection but before Venus perfects the conjunction with the Sun it is trined by the Moon, which goes on and trines the Sun. This suggests that if the meeting is to come off, another party will be involved in bringing you together. That person is likely to be female and either someone in a supervisory capacity at work (the Moon rules the MC) or a sibling, other family member or neighbour (Moon is in the third).

The Moon is not essentially strong, so whether this introduction will successfully achieve the desired effect is not certain and Venus' combustion shows that your judgement or actions may not be good. Which means that you might either go for someone who is not particularly desirable but seemed good at the time or you miss someone that is desirable.

So the conclusion is that it's possible but I'm not sure that you'll get what you're looking for even if it comes off.

Attachments

• Maria Tarot Horary 2.jpg
    Maria Tarot Horary 2.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 101

Maria Tarot

The chart is cast during the hour of Mars and has Libra rising. There's only a very loose relationship between Mars and Venus (they are both nocturnal planets) but no similarity by nature or triplicity. So some doubt must be attached to the possibility of the matter being perfected.

Things aren't clear yet?

You are signified by Venus, the prospective partner by Mars. Venus is in it's own terms in Leo conjunct the cusp of the eleventh (which signifies hopes and aspirations) So you are certainly hoping for the relationship.

Yes, I would like to be in a relationship, but I don't know if I'm prepared.

The Sun rules the eleventh and is conjunct Venus - Venus is combust. This signifies that you might well be overwhelmed by this matter - perhaps too concerned with it, or you're not seeing things clearly or that in someway you are not able to shine through. It's your hopes and your needs which dominate, not so much romance and relationships, in an emotional sense - that is you like the idea of the relationship and hope for it but there's no emotional attachment. Saturn is in the Ascendant, and this is often taken to signify that things will not work out, Saturn is at least in exaltation in Libra, as well as being triplicity and face ruler. so it's not as bad as it might have been.

I don't feel "love" for anyone in particular.

Looking at the prospective partner. Mars is in Fall in Cancer, and conjunct the MC (a possible work colleague or met through work?) Mars does have some dignity through Terms, but being in Fall makes him obscure, and not easily noticed.
Now he does aspect the Seventh cusp by square. This is both good and a bit akward. The good is that he has some connection to your House of partnership but the square means that difficulties will be involved. As Mars is in the Water triplciity ruled by Venus, he would be interested in you.

Do you think the person could be my ex-husband?

So far there is a prospective partner, but whether you'll see him or like him if you do is very much open to question. Venus combust and Mars in Fall both suggest that you're not really going to notice or if you do be attracted.

There is however, a real possibility of meeting - both Lilly and John Frawley use secondary significators for marriage and relationship horaries. The Sun is used for the male and Venus for the female. Now you are already signified by Venus but as Venus is in applying conjunction to the Sun, we have the possibility of perfection but before Venus perfects the conjunction with the Sun it is trined by the Moon, which goes on and trines the Sun. This suggests that if the meeting is to come off, another party will be involved in bringing you together. That person is likely to be female and either someone in a supervisory capacity at work (the Moon rules the MC) or a sibling, other family member or neighbour (Moon is in the third).

The Moon is not essentially strong, so whether this introduction will successfully achieve the desired effect is not certain and Venus' combustion shows that your judgement or actions may not be good. Which means that you might either go for someone who is not particularly desirable but seemed good at the time or you miss someone that is desirable.

So the conclusion is that it's possible but I'm not sure that you'll get what you're looking for even if it comes off.

All of this till the end of the year, right?
Do you think there will be just one or two persons?

Thank you for the reading and for the "quote" issue :D