- buying them
- buying more
- buying different editions
- buying back ups
- finding a nice bag
- finding a nice spreadcloth
- Oh & shuffling /using lots
:)

LOL :D I just use my decks to bond with them. Some of them also get nice bags but they all have to share one spreadcloth. LOL. I have never slept with any of my decks :bugeyed:. I'd be scared to wake up and find the cards bent....

jema

If I slept with the deck under my pillow I am afraid it would meet the fate that constantly meet my ear plugs - kitten of DOOM will find and gnaw them.

MissJo

If I slept with the deck under my pillow I am afraid it would meet the fate that constantly meet my ear plugs - kitten of DOOM will find and gnaw them.

Oh man, I feel your pain... I own rats. They chew on EVERYTHING, destroyed all of my headphones. I got a nice pair of Skull Candy headphones I'm protecting so they won't chew on them. I spent over $30 on them ><

Surprisingly, though, they have left my cards alone so far...

Sulis

I think the best way to bond with a deck is to shuffle it a lot and read with it. Using a deck usually does it for me. I really can't see the point of putting it under your pillow. A deck of tarot cards is a little like a book to me but you can move the pages around. I'd never put a book under my pillow to absorb it's energies, I'd read it; same with tarot.

Darrell

Some great suggestions here, I do like the suggestion of talking to my deck, I find sleeping with the individual cards is better though, I often dream with an individual card and never used to with the whole deck....

Far too poor to try the suggestion of buying more though I am afraid :p It's deck-monogamy for me, the only, and cheapest way forward!

Sword King

I've been known to test a deck by doing a reading on my wife or a close friend about something that I already have a pretty good idea on. Stable relationships are a common subject. It's a bonding activity and a calibrating one as well.

Sometimes it's like the decks know, and you can get some interesting results from that.

Thebs

I shuffle the cards a lot so my hand get used to them and how they feel.
Then I draw one card a day and just look at it and think of what that card means to me.
And I use them a lot, for everything.

jackdaw*

Reading exclusively with a deck for a period of time is a great way to bond with it. I find if I commit to doing that for a set time frame, I am more likely to read with it and really think about and document my reading. It also seems to make me shuffle, carry around and otherwise physically break in a deck more when I do this.

sladie

Just learning

*meekly clears her throat*

Well, I've only just started to bond with my two decks, despite having them since mid winter.

I've been:
Taking them everywhere when I can, just to have them with me
Looking through them, trying to understand what I can without the books
Reading the books to understand the story.

Well, actually, I've only been using the Mystic Faerie book, I haven't needed the Animal-Wise book since I've studied wild animals for most of my life

I've never thought of sleeping with them, mostly because I share a double bed with my husband and I'm pretty sure they'd get thrown off and wrecked eventually. Maybe there's another spot I can put them (that isn't over the bed, cat sleeps there).