New to the Fey

Maan

this is such a great deck. Its in my top three of decks i use the most.

Love
Maan

Xig

This is my first tarot deck! I like the pictures a lot. I'm working with "Modern Magick" by Michael Douglas Kraig(katz) and have been doing so for about a month now. I'm not too knowledgable about the symbolish involved in the tarot but that's something to discuss at least isn't it? There's a lot of threads on single cards here, perhaps I can find some answers there.

Has anyone worked with Modern Magick and this deck here?

lunalafey

hi again
what is the Modern Magick book about?
working tarot & spells together?
did you get the Fey book with your deck?

Lorien

i intend on getting the Fey Deck. I really enjoy the art on the cards i have seen and it really stands out. That is usually how i pick out a deck if the cards are appealing.
would I get the book with the deck?

lunalafey

Lorien said:

would I get the book with the deck?

the deck is sold two ways- with the companion book or with out.
Just the deck is $20 USD, with the book "kit" it's $35.

Lorien

thanks for the information. Ill post some experiences with the deck when i get it :D

Xig

mooooooo

I got the "kit" from somebody called "AngelsandDreams" on ebay for about 30 dollars with shipping. It's a really nice book, I like the fact the artist doesn't do any of the writing in it and just expresses herself through her art. There's a page for each card explaining just about everything you'd like to know about it. Although I don't like the spreads. . . I use the Celtic Cross and Hexagram spread myself.

Xig

Modern Magick

lunalafey said:
hi again
what is the Modern Magick book about?
working tarot & spells together?
did you get the Fey book with your deck?

well, the subtitle is "Eleven Lessons in High Magick." it's about the Kabalah and ritual magic. i picked it up for the first time about 2 years ago and got myself a copy of it ~2 months ago. it's basically an introduction to ritual magic. has a bit of history in it too, most of the words used in rituals are Hebrew, and he bases a lot of his information on the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

Namaste

I've been thinking about getting this deck, and I've read all you have written here, but I'd like to know a little more.

Are some of the images not "sickly" sweet? I bought the Hansen-Roberts and am thinking of trading/selling it because I can't relate to the images very well.

Thanks for your help! :)

lunalafey

Namaste said:

Are some of the images not "sickly" sweet?

you have seen this thread, right?

what cards might be typically sickly sweet? Lovers? 2 or 10 of Cups?
what fey card is the sickest in sweetness?
The Stars of the Queen of Wands-
then again there is the little fey with the GIANT orange in the 10 of Wands.