Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Babalon Jones

Glad you like the Aces. I like them, I just feel like they might be too different from the Majors to be part of the same deck. Maybe it could work, but I just have to think on it for a while I guess. Anyway need to crawl off and lick wounds now re the majors as that is a term that is just shatteringly awful to me. Gah I hope not, yuck, how tedious, how terrible! I was going for "epic" haha.

daphne

Glad you like the Aces. I like them, I just feel like they might be too different from the Majors to be part of the same deck. Maybe it could work, but I just have to think on it for a while I guess. Anyway need to crawl off and lick wounds now re the majors as that is a term that is just shatteringly awful to me. Gah I hope not, yuck, how tedious, how terrible! I was going for "epic" haha.

Of course you decide, in the end. But one can only hope for what one finds it great. :)

Alta

I have now looked at your Aces several times, and have been slowly working with the Tabula Mundi as published. I disagree strongly with both of daphne's positions, but respectfully as it is her right to have her personal viewpoint.

To me the Aces as painted are too different in tone from the current deck and for a unified look I agree they would have to be changed somewhat. That said, I have been looking carefully at the Aces and find them both beautiful and insightful and would not like such work to go to waste, however you use it eventually.

Babalon Jones

I have now looked at your Aces several times, and have been slowly working with the Tabula Mundi as published. I disagree strongly with both of daphne's positions, but respectfully as it is her right to have her personal viewpoint.

To me the Aces as painted are too different in tone from the current deck and for a unified look I agree they would have to be changed somewhat. That said, I have been looking carefully at the Aces and find them both beautiful and insightful and would not like such work to go to waste, however you use it eventually.

Hi Alta!

I am really glad you said that, because I have been musing on this for days now and have come to the same conclusion about these Aces. While I am happy with these symbolically, I've been feeling all along that they are part of a different series. I pretty much just said so on my blog in response to someone's similar comment just a few minutes ago. And part of me knew this for a while now, as a month ago I bought a bunch more of the Mylar and inks I used on the Majors, as I had a feeling I'd want them. The Universe smiled on me too, as I was worried I'd run out of the markers I'm using for the outlines. They are the only thing I've found that works right on the Mylar and they are discontinued and no longer made. I wear out one each card sometimes. But I found a source that still had stock and bought what I hope will be enough to last! $75 worth of permanent markers, haha, crazy but thank dog I found them. I hope they are enough; tempted to get more just in case.

So the bad news is, back to the drawing board for the Aces. I hope no one is disappointed, or if they are, that they will like my new ones too. And I have a ton of canvas board and oils I bought for the minors when I thought I'd be going that way, that I won't be using now for a while. But the good news is, I think I have some ideas to make new minors that really fit this deck better. Things are stirring. And the other good news is, now I have a third deck started haha I guess and those oils will get used then. In a few years :) So these Aces won't be wasted.

It feels good to get clarity. Onward!

Londubh

I'm glad there is a third deck brewing now :)

I love the aces, they are beautiful, but I also feel they are too different in style. Oh, but what a grand full deck that style will make.

I am really looking forward to the rest of the Tabula Mundi, it is one of the better decks I have purchased in a while. I love your lwb as well, I'm glad you wrote one. 99% of the time I don't even crack the cover of one.

starlightexp

So the Tabula Mundi is a huge hit at the Salem Psychic Fair. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413820850.913323.jpg

Babalon Jones

That looks like fun! Wish I was there :)

inanna_tarot

OMG.

Stunning... and so beautiful, the same vein as the Rosetta but so different.
I love LOVE the angle of the Fool card.
The excitement I feel on seeing this deck is when I saw the Majors only for the Mary El, which I didn't get at the time and really regret now.

I need this deck... I love the B+W too, (like the Book of Kaos which is my all time favourite B+W deck).

Now do I need to make my order deluxe with the box too? ARGH decisions. But it is oh so very beautiful set of cards.
M.M keep painting :D

ETA - well, deluxe was the only way to go :p

Babalon Jones

started new Aces

Thanks Inanna!
It is on the way to you now!

I just posted a black and white version of the first of the new Aces, done "Tabula Mundi style" in pen and ink.

Here is the line drawing for the Ace of Wands, I am really looking forward to the challenge of painting this one, in the GD color scale called "Brilliance". Hmm, do they make that color in ink??

http://www.tabulamundi.com/new-aces/

inanna_tarot

That ace has 'it'.
So glad to be able to support awesome art. Keep going M.M :)

And yey for my package :)