How does a reading session go?

AkiraOkihu

Hello! I have seen that readers charge a sum of money/half of hour. If you only do a 3 card spread or only a spread, I don't see how is it possible to take more than 5-10 minutes for the cards. (keep in mind that I am still waiting for my first books and decks to arrive) So I was curious how a reading session goes, does the querent ask more questions or do you go in depth with the reading and the meanings of cards? How does a regular reading session go?

Apollonia

Hello! I have seen that readers charge a sum of money/half of hour. If you only do a 3 card spread or only a spread, I don't see how is it possible to take more than 5-10 minutes for the cards. (keep in mind that I am still waiting for my first books and decks to arrive) So I was curious how a reading session goes, does the querent ask more questions or do you go in depth with the reading and the meanings of cards?

The answer is, "Either, depending on the situation."

I often do half hour readings that cover three or four topics, with a spread for each.

If the querent has a particularly complex issue, a half hour reading might cover just the one topic, but it would be in depth--I would certainly throw more than three cards and I would probably do at least two different spreads to check into the various energies around the situation. But it is by far more common for the querent to want to cover several topics in a half hour.

gregory

I don't think one can predict the time needed. I have done a two card spread that I didn't manage to finish for a couple of DAYS. (Luckily it was in a circle here.) Not from being busy - because I just knew I wasn't done.

flyingwind66

woah 3 or 4 topics in 1/2 an hour? O.O I can't do that... I can do 1 topic in 1/2 an hour... I guess unless I'm doing like 1 card or 3 card draws? A full 10 card spread I'd take 1/2 hour-1 hour to properly interpret.

PAMUYA

1/2 an hour minimum, even with 3 cards, rarely have a reading when one question does not lead to another, or clarification. Many come to me with yes/no questions, I do not allow yes/no questions, so we take time to work out a question. Yes, I have and do turn people away if they insist on yes/no questions. They pay for my time, not for how many questions.

Apollonia

woah 3 or 4 topics in 1/2 an hour? O.O I can't do that... I can do 1 topic in 1/2 an hour... I guess unless I'm doing like 1 card or 3 card draws? A full 10 card spread I'd take 1/2 hour-1 hour to properly interpret.
I generally use a version of the Celtic Cross that has 11 cards and I will often do one in a 10 minute period. That's just the way I roll LOL. Even if I try to just do a three card spread, it pretty much turns itself into a CC so that's what I use most of the time.

nisaba

Hello! I have seen that readers charge a sum of money/half of hour. If you only do a 3 card spread or only a spread, I don't see how is it possible to take more than 5-10 minutes for the cards. (keep in mind that I am still waiting for my first books and decks to arrive) So I was curious how a reading session goes, does the querent ask more questions or do you go in depth with the reading and the meanings of cards? How does a regular reading session go?

My spreads are usually larger than three cards, but even so once you start probing the cards and the client responds with how that fits into their experience of life, and you then go deeper into the card bearing in mind what they say, the time just melts away. I usually run over-time, not under.