Druid Animal Oracle Study Group - Index

majah kahlana

Thread for the stag is up in the first post

kaytee83

It's very late so I'm not going to post anything of note just now, but I'm joining this group if there's anybody around still interested in talking about it. I see it didn't take off very well, but here's hoping it can get a bit of a revival :)

circlewalker

Well kaytee looks like it's just you 'n me! LOL

in light

cw

rachelcat

I'll join in. I just did a study and now I'm off to study the trees related to the cards. So I'll be happy to jump in on the animals!

kaytee83

Excellent :)

Except I'm going away tomorrow until the following Wednesday so it's best I don't... ah heck, if I have time later I'll have a look at the existing threads and start posting.

kmartin60

Anybody up for restarting this thread?

I just recieved the beautiful deck and would love to compare ideas/thoughts on it! I dont have the book with it, but would love to still delve into what it has to say!.....

Looking forward to seeing others interaction with it. Hmmm Wonder if we can have a Oracle daily draw thread like they do for the tarot decks? That would be fun....just thinking out loud, Kim

elvenstar

Here's another one :) Not a lot of time on my hands at the moment, but I'll try to participate if discussions get going again!

Open Arms

I got mine a few weeks back and like you I only got the LWB not the BHCB with all the spreads etc!!

I have been using them more intuitively and not so much going by the book meanings - what have you been doing with them??

kmartin60

Well, I dont know what all everyone else does with this deck but for now Im just pulling a daily card....the animal of the day energy type draw.....

I had a online friend that got me the basic one sentence behind each card and thats it so far....but it's more than enough. Like most, just go intuitively with these for now.

For some odd reason almost all my oracle decks are animal based..hmmmm maybe its shopping time? ROFL Kim

fina

join in

I'd really like to join in on this study group. I've been using the DAO for about 4 years now. I more use the keywords to each card and try and get a feel for it. If I'm still not sure what the card is telling me, I use the provided reading. Often the story behind each animal has a lot of insight as well. For the spread, I use the hearth spread the most often. I find it very useful for a fully formulated question.
I hope to gain some more insight into how other people use this deck. Does anyone else use the hearth spread?