Need help finding a suitable oracle deck...

Sammie

I like to use many different Oracle Decks:

Oracle Ge
Oeil de Lotus
Lenormand
Sibillas
Tea Leaf Fortune Cards
Tarot d'Eltynne
L'Horoscope Belline
Gypsy Fortune Cards

I use and illustrate all of them on my blog.

thorhammer

IMO, you just can't go past the Froud's Faeries Oracle. It's one of the most beautiful decks out there, and it's really, honestly, life-changing.

That having been said, I'm not much of an oracle person myself. But I just got a hold of Caroline Smith and John Astrop's Oracle of the Radiant Sun, which is absolutely beautiful and very interestingly structured. I like that it's structured, because that's what I like about Tarot.

By the same two people, the Runic "Tarot" is sort of similar - structured, with a new and fairly complex system to it and adorable artwork.

Come to that . . . Runes. Get yourself a set of wooden or stone runes and learn those. That's a whole other ball game! :bugeyed:

\m/ Kat

raeanne

Hi,
I would agree with the suggestion of trying Runes, Ogham, or I-ching. If you want to stay with 'cards', all three of these other oracles come in card format. The Haindl Rune deck has some very nice art. I can't remember the name of the Ogham deck I have at home but it also has nice artwork. I have two different I-ching card set but I prefer to use the yarrow sticks method of casing the I-ching so I don't use these decks very much. Anyway, any of these three oracles can be used in their original form with stones, sticks, coins, etc or with cards. The Froud's Faeries Oracle is also very nice. Soul Cards, both 1 & 2 are also very nice. Just some ideas. Enjoy.

bluecaffeine

it is difficult to recommend sth. If you are into Celtic stuff, I recommend the ogham tree oracle. so you learn the alphabet, you learn about the trees and the animals.
if you are interested or believing in messages from angels or feys, Doreen Virtue has created interesting oracle decks.

Skydancer

For something different -- how about one of the 3 decks out now (each 60 cards) of the sayings of Abraham? Esther Hicks.

Also Ocean Oracle. Absolutely amazing. Don't get how it works, so to speak, but does it ever. We're more connected to the sea than we think.

Then there's always the Sabian Symbols.
All the rest I can think of have been mentioned!!

*S*

morticia monroe

As an oracle starter deck, I would recommend the Psycards or Madame Endoras Fortune cards.

afrosaxon

Lots of good suggestions here!

I'd like to add:

--Celtic Messages (get a reading from celticnoodle with them...they're great!)
--Any of the oracles by Toni Carmine Salerno (www.tonicarminesalerno.com. I have the Crystal Oracle and the Magdalene Oracle, and I want the Gaia Oracle that just came out a couple of months ago.
--Dreaming in Color (Luman Deck): but try to find one of the older versions, as the colors are brighter and the finish is more matte.

T.

morticia monroe

afrosaxon said:
Lots of good suggestions here!

I'd like to add:

--Celtic Messages (get a reading from celticnoodle with them...they're great!)
--Any of the oracles by Toni Carmine Salerno (www.tonicarminesalerno.com. I have the Crystal Oracle and the Magdalene Oracle, and I want the Gaia Oracle that just came out a couple of months ago.
--Dreaming in Color (Luman Deck): but try to find one of the older versions, as the colors are brighter and the finish is more matte.

T.

I second the Dreaming In Color and the Celtic Messages. :)

LadyKathryn

oracle decks

I personally LOVE my Magical Mermaids and Dolphins deck.

Jewel

For many years I was strictly a "tarot" person, but I have branched out a long way since then. The key is to not try to fit any oracle into a given system (such as tarot) as they are usually designed differently and work with their own independent systems. I have also found them to usually be simpler to learn and just as effective as my tarot cards.

bodhran said:
How about the Tao Oracle? It's by the same artist who did the Osho Zen Tarot.
That is what I was going to suggest too *LOL* for the same reason.

Other oracles I would suggest based on my experience:

1. Froud Faeries Oracle (you have to have a real open mind to work with this one as it actually comes alive ... don't ask, just go to the study group and browse the threads). There is no other deck, or oracle like this in my opinion.

2. Way of the Horse - amazing for self improvement, transformation, and healing. I cannot recommend this deck/book set (or her other books) highly enough.

3. Animal Dreaming - I love going "walk-about" with this deck and connecting with the animal energies. Animals are divided elementally and it is great for card of day type readings (for me that is). I like focusing on the one animal energy at a time, though I have done larger card readings which came out nicely.

4. Fairy Ring - I love how the deck is broken into the seasons. Though this is a deck that I find about as intuitive as a door nail, and always use the book, I find that in tying it all together this deck is really fantastic. I have a peculiar way of reading with it, which requires a note book and pencil and sifting through its book then putting it all together, but the results are amazing.

5. Victorian Flower Oracle - I suggest getting the kit with the book, particularly if you are not well versed in flowers. I am not well versed in flowers but have really learned to trully enjoy this oracle.