Anna K Lenormand

greatdane

DownUnderNZer

This is the Lenormand Creation thread. It's to discuss decks coming out, not to debate systems or styles. There are a ton of threads in the Lenormand forum for that and what different readers see different cards as.

We all have our preferences, and if this deck isn't one of yours, it isn't. I happen to like what I'm seeing.

I also think she is bringing something fresh, yet very readable, to Lenormand. It is unique, it's her artwork.

DownUnderNZer

All these cards show me is an Adam and Eve depiction that has been done over and over with the snake and apple scene as well as the Catch of the day fishing scene. Nothing original in those concepts.

Someone earlier hit it on the nail with "no people" unless of course the MAN and WOMAN.

I agree with that comment.
This is the Lenormand Creation thread. It's to discuss decks coming out, not to debate systems or styles. There are a ton of threads in the Lenormand forum for that and what different readers see different cards as.

We all have our preferences, and if this deck isn't one of yours, it isn't. I happen to like what I'm seeing.

I also think she is bringing something fresh, yet very readable, to Lenormand. It is unique, it's her artwork.

greatdane

DownUnderNZer

I'm not going to debate whether you should or shouldn't like this deck. You've made it clear, from seeing just two cards, you don't care for it. That's fine.

I happen to like it thus far and look forward to seeing more cards.

Beth-Anne

Just 2 cards up but such beautiful art & imagery. I've never used an Lenormand deck, but I think I will when this comes out.

greatdane

Beth-Anne

I have done a lot of readings and I have a decent size Lenormand collection with some lovely decks, but from what I am seeing so far, this will be one of my go tos.

I can't wait to see the rest of them. I have and love her tarot deck and I find her art just fresh and readable. From what I have seen, her Lenormand will be just as great :).

Cacia

Hello ladies and gentleman

I see you guys have gone off topic, and if you would like to discuss about the card meaning and how you see it then you guys can start a thread about the card interpretation in the "Lenormand" forum. Otherwise, let's stick to the deck itself and nothing else.

Thank you

Cacia

Lenormand moderator

reall

:)) wth? apple would be fine!:)) but it's clearly Pomegranates!:)) lolz
I find that adam n eve mith on spot here/and my book have some reference on that from different perspective I pick up somewhere!:)) and in truth Lenormand is completed old system so there is no much freedom for interpretation like oracle!:)) but I find all extra text interesting!:))

btw tnx for system clarification!:)) never know that about South America?x,x lolz ;))

Edit; just to say tnx mod for note!:)) from now on here topic only!^^ lolz:))
p.s do we have thread for this topic already?x,x

greatdane

I can't wait to see which card comes next

I am enjoying the unveiling card by card. I'm just glad it isn't a tarot deck as there would be a longer wait to see them all :)).

It's so lovely to see a deck unfold like this.

delizt

I think it's great that artists like Anna are willing to open up and show us works in progress...it's a real gift to be able to see a deck from beginning to end!! Her style is lovely and wherever her inspiration comes from, that's her right as an artist and it's a delight to see!

celticnoodle

I wanted to start a thread here to share new pix as they come in. I know there is a thread in Lenormand decks, but as it's still in the creation stage, wanted to add here. I love Anna's artwork and hope this will be out Fall/Winter of this year.

http://www.annak-tarot.at/index-lenormand.html

I think it's great that artists like Anna are willing to open up and show us works in progress...it's a real gift to be able to see a deck from beginning to end!! Her style is lovely and wherever her inspiration comes from, that's her right as an artist and it's a delight to see!

agreed. I love her style. I don't see it as an Adam and Eve depiction, though if that is what some see, so be it. To each their own, and all that sort of thing. (and yes, it is a Pomegranate not an apple!) I don't see how you can't say it isn't 'original' though, as I don't recall seeing other Lenormands more original tbh. With the Lennies, your artwork is going to be somewhat limited, because just how many ways can you portray a snake? or a tree? The way Anna has gone about this is, I think very original and well done! :thumbsup:

Its just like with tarot. There are only so many ways to draw the magician and get your point across that it is a magician. So as long as the artwork is obvious in portraying the card, what else can you expect? So, as I said above, I look at the work that has been done and posted here and see a well thought out picture. And, very original.

I wonder when it will be available though. I see this thread began in 2014, and here we are in 2016.

oops! I obviously skimmed over most of the posts and missed that a month ago she announced she was done and would let us know when it was finally available.

I also meant to add that from what I can see of the cards, and I believe we are seeing close up pics of them, so it'll be interesting to see them all or at least a better view of each individual card--but I think I like the snake the best of what is shown. However, that clover card looks very interesting too! I can't wait to see the rest of them. An interesting deck to be sure.