Help with Antiquarian Lenormand

lark

Been meaning to order this one for a long time.
Never did... then last night I was tooling around on YouTube and watched a review of it.
So I'm going to order, but I'm stuck.
I love borderless decks...which would be the bridge size...
But for over all feel/shuffle I like a poker size better...and that one has the borders.
Anybody have one or the other or both and can give me their impressions?
Wish there was a picture on the website with both side by side.

Padma

I had the poker sized one with the borders. I can't say the borders take anything away from the cards! One thing though, I think she hand-inked the edges with black, and I did find it came off on the hands a bit the first few shuffles. That was when she had first created the cards, I think. The card stock was sort of a pearl gloss, and it was an easy shuffle. Pretty cards! Also came very nicely packaged. I seem to recall there were two Fox cards to choose from (or maybe it was two Bear cards...?) two of something, anyways. Pretty sure it was the Fox.

My niece fell madly in love with it while visiting, so I let her take it home with her. :love:

lark

Hi Padma!
I don't think she inks them anymore.
I'm getting the linen finish, but I just can't decide poker or bridge????
That was so nice of you to give it to her....I'm sure she loves it.
I haven't bought a deck in months and for some reason I feel nervous...so thought I'd pop over here and ask about it.
I'm still doing a three card pull every morning LOL.
Got in the habit after our study.
I'm glad to hear you thought the borders didn't detract from the deck.
I kind of made a deal with myself that if a borderless version is available in any deck that's what I'd go for...but in this deck I don't know the borders do look nice....
I know she was having chipping issues with the first printing so that is why she inked the sides.
Linen card stock shouldn't have that issue I hope.
Her Antiquarian tarot is almost sold out now.

ana luisa

I can't say much about the sizes because I bought the mini :) However, as far as readability, this deck is fantastic. It has a certain eerie/antique/haunting quality and beauty to it and is as clear as can be. I think you're going to like it a lot!

lark

I can't say much about the sizes because I bought the mini :) However, as far as readability, this deck is fantastic. It has a certain eerie/antique/haunting quality and beauty to it and is as clear as can be. I think you're going to like it a lot!
Hi Ana Luisa
Good to hear that...that's the main thing isn't it ease of reading.
The mini is sold out so you have a treasure.
That is the feeling it gives me too...eerie and haunting.
Ok now I have to make a decision, I'm getting itchy to order.

Padma

Hi Padma!
I don't think she inks them anymore.
I'm getting the linen finish, but I just can't decide poker or bridge????
That was so nice of you to give it to her....I'm sure she loves it.
I haven't bought a deck in months and for some reason I feel nervous...so thought I'd pop over here and ask about it.
I'm still doing a three card pull every morning LOL.
Got in the habit after our study.
I'm glad to hear you thought the borders didn't detract from the deck.
I kind of made a deal with myself that if a borderless version is available in any deck that's what I'd go for...but in this deck I don't know the borders do look nice....
I know she was having chipping issues with the first printing so that is why she inked the sides.
Linen card stock shouldn't have that issue I hope.
Her Antiquarian tarot is almost sold out now.

I still do a three carder every morning too, Lark! And I still find the daily draws totally literal! ;)

Let us know what you get in the end, Lark! I don't think you will be disappointed in any way, no matter what your choice. It really is a gorgeous deck... :heart:

lark

I couldn't decide so I sent Maree an email and we chatted back and forth, such a nice woman.
She can still order the borderless linen bridge for a little while yet, but she is not doing the print on demand anymore.
She is sending out the new printing Poker size in a tin herself.
All the new decks will be done on the linen card stock from now on.

So based on her opinion I decided to wait for the new printing poker size lenormand with borders on linen card stock in a tin.
Phew that was a mouth full.
She should be able to start taking orders for those in a few weeks, she's sending me an email so I'll put a heads up here if anyone is interested.

On another note:
She has 4 of the original print tarot decks left.
She is writing a book and when it is finished she is going to have a new printing of the tarot that comes with the book.
She has 8 more cards to write about and then she is done.

ana luisa

I couldn't decide so I sent Maree an email and we chatted back and forth, such a nice woman.
She can still order the borderless linen bridge for a little while yet, but she is not doing the print on demand anymore.
She is sending out the new printing Poker size in a tin herself.
All the new decks will be done on the linen card stock from now on.

So based on her opinion I decided to wait for the new printing poker size lenormand with borders on linen card stock in a tin.
Phew that was a mouth full.
She should be able to start taking orders for those in a few weeks, she's sending me an email so I'll put a heads up here if anyone is interested.

On another note:
She has 4 of the original print tarot decks left.
She is writing a book and when it is finished she is going to have a new printing of the tarot that comes with the book.
She has 8 more cards to write about and then she is done.

Glad to know you've managed to find a solution to your "conundrum":) And having a tin is certainly a PLUS. And yes, Maree is a doll !

Jen P

antiquarian lenormand

I have a subsequent printing (the first had an extra fox card). My cardstock is thick and there is a lot of bowing in mine - they came that way. I have the poker size (bridge was not available back then) but have no problem with the borders. I love the images - they're just magical. Nice deck to choose and probably wisest to wait for the linen. Enjoy!

lark

I have a subsequent printing (the first had an extra fox card). My cardstock is thick and there is a lot of bowing in mine - they came that way. I have the poker size (bridge was not available back then) but have no problem with the borders. I love the images - they're just magical. Nice deck to choose and probably wisest to wait for the linen. Enjoy!
That's what she was telling me, she wasn't happy with how the smooth card stock bowed so she decided to do all linen in future printings as it lays nice and flat.