Lots and lots of Pentacles

LadyNina

For the last two weeks my daily readings have been completely dominated by pentacles. The King of Pentacles has showed up three times in this period and I'm at a loss in trying to figure out what this is all about.

For me, the Pentacles is the suit I feel the least connected with, could that be it? I've been thinking that maybe I need to ground myself more, try to be more down to earth, stable and take care of my body. I'm in the middle of a depression, so maybe it's a sign I need to think less? But what role is the King playing in all this?

Thankful for your thoughts. :)

Virgo26

Sometimes when a card keeps coming up you might feel compelled to do another reading around that card. So you may ask 'what message does the King of Pentacles have for me?' and you may draw a card or two on it and see if that helps. Pentacles are on physical things, so it may be as you say and that it might encourage you to take care of yourself, maybe get out and get some exercise. Don't know if that helps any :)

LadyNina

Sometimes when a card keeps coming up you might feel compelled to do another reading around that card. So you may ask 'what message does the King of Pentacles have for me?' and you may draw a card or two on it and see if that helps.

Good idea, that thought never occured to me. I will do that and get back on the result!

nisaba

Also, if you are aware that Pentacles are the suit you're least familiar with, and the King is a card you struggle to understand, perhaps your deck has chosen a period where there aren't a lot of important messages struggling to get through, to give you a masterclass in the suit.

LadyNina

nisaba, could very well be. I've been reading alot about it lately.

So, I pulled two cards to see what the King is trying to tell me and the result made me smile a bit: The Tower and (lo and behold) Queen of Pentacles. This for me verifies my previous thoughts. The Tower is talking about the big change that has occured and that trigged the depression. It is also telling me that things I've been relying on previously don't apply anymore and that I should try find more of the Queen of Pentacles in myself moving forward.

Makes sense?

Laurelle

The King of Pentacles can be a doctor as well. Maybe you should seek medical advice for your depression.

Intotouch

Pentacles are cards that I love to see. The real, the tangible, the reliable are what you may need to be reminded of now. In relationships this is the suit that I think deals with commitment and actions. The day to day work part of life and living. In the king you are seeing the strongest personality of this suit being expressed. The person who is capable in the material world, a provider, a fatherly one, one who achieves goals in a practical way and who is confident, calm and determined.

My feeling right now about this is that these cards are there to guide. Was wanting advise part of your readings? I think they say that this is part of your character that you need that you need to give attention to. Especially if there are other pentacles coming up. Do you feel like you don't have the power to be practical, organized, working? Would doing practical stuff be the most helpful thing for you right now? They're saying "look, we're here, draw on us. Do what's practical, act, cook, make, work, touch, hug, eat. Our energy is here now. Draw on us".