9 of swords clarified by hanged man

OceanWhispers

Hello!!!

I need some help. I did a reading with shadowscapes, the q was...How does C feel about K having A over? I pulled 3 cards. I was puzzled by the middle card, 9 of swords, because the surrounding cards were good. So I pulled a clarifying card and it was hanged man.

Can I have some opinions on what the meaning of the 9 of swords clarified my handed man is?

I felt like maybe it's implying that he's worried about it but choosing to let go and see what happens naturally. Like he wants peace, so it's about sacrificing things.

Thanks!

Ocean

rwcarter

I'm of the school that believes that clarifying cards restate what the card being clarified originally said. So you have to look at what the two cards have in common to begin to understand what both cards are saying.

Two similarities between the cards come immediately to mind - perspective and being trapped. In terms of perspective, the 9S is worried while the Hanged Man isn't. The figure in the 9S is trapped by her thoughts running amok while the Hanged Man can be seen to be trapped as he is suspended upside down from his ankle.

I'm guessing you were reading for K who wanted to know how C would feel about him/her having A over. And as you appear to have put down three cards without positional meanings, I would've used Elemental Dignities to find the answer, using the 9S as the primary card (EDs are read from the center out). So C could either be worried (9S) but willing to wait and see what happens (Hanged Man) or C could be thrown into such despair (9S) that s/he is incapable of doing anything else until s/he finds out what happened (Hanged Man). The other two cards would of course provide more info as to which scenario is more likely. You said the other cards were good, so the first interpretation might be more likely.

Rodney

OceanWhispers

I'm of the school that believes that clarifying cards restate what the card being clarified originally said. So you have to look at what the two cards have in common to begin to understand what both cards are saying.

Two similarities between the cards come immediately to mind - perspective and being trapped. In terms of perspective, the 9S is worried while the Hanged Man isn't. The figure in the 9S is trapped by her thoughts running amok while the Hanged Man can be seen to be trapped as he is suspended upside down from his ankle.

I'm guessing you were reading for K who wanted to know how C would feel about him/her having A over. And as you appear to have put down three cards without positional meanings, I would've used Elemental Dignities to find the answer, using the 9S as the primary card (EDs are read from the center out). So C could either be worried (9S) but willing to wait and see what happens (Hanged Man) or C could be thrown into such despair (9S) that s/he is incapable of doing anything else until s/he finds out what happened (Hanged Man). The other two cards would of course provide more info as to which scenario is more likely. You said the other cards were good, so the first interpretation might be more likely.

Rodney

Rodney...you're amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to right so much and helping me.

Okay...I see what you're saying. So, you usually find out what is similar in the clarifying card...got it. So...now I see it more clearer. The 9 of swords is kinda about loosing control to me...anxiety, worrying, feeling helpless etc. The hanged man can be a loss of control too, although it's voluntary. So with the other cards being pretty good in my mind...the first card being a major who represented the character of K (perfect woman), then the second card being the 9 of swords, third being a card of new beginnings...like energy not being used yet, but it's there and all you need is to light a match, or like bang around and wake up a sleeping dragon...get it? I think I have it figured out as to what the meaning meant.

He's thinking and thinking about this a lot but he can do NOTHING about it. He's helpless to the whole thing. Kinda along for the ride. Lots of possibilities there. Worried and excited at the same time.

Phew!!!

Thanks!

Ocean