The Hermit as what to focus on in love

SweetSiren

OMG! You hit the nail on the head here. I am TOTALLY an idealist, a hopeless romantic, and I start to panic when I think things are headed south or my partner is losing interest, but sometimes it really is all in my head. The best is just to play it cool, and be myself. You're right, I need to be more authentic to me with this man. It takes me a long time to open up!
By the way, the hermit is my birth number card. How fitting I was allotted this card as a lesson in life! And you know what... I'm not too unhappy with it!

Cool - I haven't heard complaints from him yet - and we are in the initial stages (2 months of dating), but I will keep this in mind. I may find that I feel content alone increasingly - this would be an interesting and unexpected development, but I am an introvert, and I might be somewhat of a loner (in a good way - I have friends, family, and acquaintances, but I am also very happy alone when I am not comparing myself to how other women are engaged with giant diamonds on their ring fingers).
So far I am expressing my love with my interest and physical touch.. and the man I am seeing is a bit more reserved to express physical touch, especially in public. Well, I think this just might be a good year for love, I hope.

Thank you for this great feedback.

Glad I could be of service! I don't think you attract misunderstandings in love, I only meant that sometimes misunderstandings happen and you shouldn't take these personally. If your significant other is having a bad day and taking it out on you in some way (maybe not being as affectionate, or maybe he is particularly weirded out by your desire for pda), you might jump a little too quickly to think it has something to do with you, like you did something wrong. The hermit makes me think you should be a bit more confident in yourself in regards to this. Like I said, no one is perfect, but trust yourself. If you care about this person and you do things in love more often than not, then any quarrel you may have will be less about you and more about other things that are getting to them. Most people aren't particularly self aware and can blame others for bad feelings when there isn't anything to blame. So I think this card is asking you to be more self aware so that you won't cave too easily or feel guilty for things you needn't feel guilty about. The hermit knows his desire and knows that at times people will not understand him, but he is ok with that because he understands himself, and he knows that the people who are quick to question or judge him don't understand themselves. "Know thyself!" is something often associated with the Chariot or Emperor, but I strongly associate it with the hermit. Don't try to "fix" things so much.

Ok, I think I'm done lol. The hermit is one of my favorite cards! I love talking about him.