The Sun as what someone doesn't like about me

PeonyInLove

Maybe he feels you steal his limelight, are more popular than he is, he may feel you're vain or have a big ego, always wanting to be center stage ... Or maybe too happy go lucky whilst he is a pessimist. Just ideas ... unsure, really :)

Instead of me, that all kind of sounds like him as he is vain, popular, huge ego, loves the limelight, not afraid to admit it either. I don't think he feels he needs to compete with me in those regards but it could be a possibility with this card. Thank you for your feedback x

PeonyInLove

Most often the sun person is happy natured, quietly optimistic and outgoing but is self secure so has no need to be around people to feel happy rather like 9 Pent. Artists fall under this card so at the very least they'll be creative, imaginative and practical which is a winning combination as far as manifestation of ideas go. On their true path they seek freedom within a secure relationship keeping up with friends and are generally independent people who encourage likewise in their partner.

Really can't see what's not to like but I can see how we need to be suited, perhaps he'd feel more secure with a more dependant character but there are potentially a million reasons as to what he finds unattractive in this set of qualities but you're still awesome.

Yes I too agree that the sun can signify artistic abilities and creativity too. Thank you for your feedback I enjoyed reading it all and yep I'll keep being awesome lol

PeonyInLove

Interesting, I never saw the Sun as very artistic card. That would be much more the Moon for me - with the Moon there is enough of all that introspection and dreams you'll need to be artistic. And enough blues, a feeling that, I think, is essential for creativity.

Back to the Sun: basically the Sun covers meanings of social acceptance, meetings with equals in society and not to forget a high self-esteem.

The shadow side of the Sun I see in depending on society's acceptance too much, being (seemingly) optimistic and positive without reason and depth, a shallow personality, too much pride.
In a nutshell: everything a more melancholic person will perceive as negative about the happy mainstream. Vanity has already been said and is a good keyword.

Thank you, your suggestions resonated with me. I'm more of a half glass full person, even when things are looking pretty grim which can rub people the wrong way and I do have pride, sometimes too much which can sometimes get in the way of saying or doing what I would like out of fear of hurting my pride.

But I do see the sun as a creative card, representing artistic abilities.

Thanks again for your feedback x

PeonyInLove

The Sun is the center of our solar system, so, as something he dislikes about you, he may think that you believe you are the center of the solar system, as well. i.e. He may think you are self-centered.

Just a possibility for getting the Sun in answer to the question you posed.

ETA: I just reread your post and see that you included this as a possibility already. Sorry for the duplication.

Thats cool thank you for taking your time to give me your feedback x

nisaba

And what you see as a good feature, he can see as a bad feature. For example, if he is introspective, he can see your effusiveness as something bad.

There is also vanity and egocentrism...

He may regard you as overwhelming. Too loud. Too unrealistically cheerful in an imperfect world. Too childish. Too focussed on your appearance. Too willing to be the centre of attention. Too playful.

To some people, people with these characteristics are charming. To others, people with these characteristics are pains in the neck.

nisaba

Vanity and ego are good examples. I think I can be a little self absorbed and vain but I think it's in a healthy range. I'm not in love with myself nor do I disregard others, ok well yes sometimes I do neglect others feelings...

Ah, but it's not about what you ARE, or what YOU THINK you are. It's abut what he thinks you are.

PeonyInLove

Ah, but it's not about what you ARE, or what YOU THINK you are. It's abut what he thinks you are.

Yes you're very right there...

Amanda

Instead of me, that all kind of sounds like him as he is vain, popular, huge ego, loves the limelight, not afraid to admit it either.

All you've said here is a good indication that this card is about him, and it's indicating that he doesn't even think about what he dislikes about you, or it's just not important compared to everything else he's thinking about or doing.

On the other hand, the Sun could indicate that there isn't really anything to dislike about you and/or he just doesn't care about your negatives.

PeonyInLove

All you've said here is a good indication that this card is about him, and it's indicating that he doesn't even think about what he dislikes about you, or it's just not important compared to everything else he's thinking about or doing.

On the other hand, the Sun could indicate that there isn't really anything to dislike about you and/or he just doesn't care about your negatives.

Yes that makes lot of sense and all these interpretations have really helped me especially if I get this card in a negative position in the future. Thanks heaps x

headincloud

I believe like attracts like and in this case seems to hold true so positive sun qualities seem to be the magnet between you. At the same time we're bound to tilt into the shadow aspects at some point temporarily and our shadow qualities in others repel us because we recognize them as our worst parts on a subconscious level which often leads us to judge others in a false attempt to deny an unacknowledged part of our self, by judging we place our self in a different box in effect dissociating.

Applying awareness to what repels us in others has for me proved the quickest and most accurate way of understanding and getting a grip on some of my shadow qualities which we're otherwise totally blind to. I hate martyrs and egoists because up until recently I've been stuck in that mentality but having recognized this and moved on these shadow qualities in others now evoke compassion in me freeing me to shift my radar.

When we're not driven to judge others or negative emotions like jealousy are not evoked in us by others qualities light or dark then to my mind we're truly in touch with our self and therefore always able to act through the higher self which is in touch with universal consciousness, we're able to serve others rather than serving ourselves through the need to protect or boost our own ego and I take my hat off to the masters. The more capable and driven we are in our wish to serve others the more highly we evolve up into the psychic realms.

Back to the point we're probably looking at your partners attempts at projection of his shadow as you on times naturally act like a mirror.