Desi Tarot ( A Indian Tarot Deck)

AJ

I can't see them either. I clicked on the tarot link and the light text on the red background just kills my eyes and is very difficult for me to read. So I didn't :)

I'll check back another day to see the images, it sounds like a very exciting project.

NamasteIndia

AJ said:
I can't see them either. I clicked on the tarot link and the light text on the red background just kills my eyes and is very difficult for me to read. So I didn't :)

I'll check back another day to see the images, it sounds like a very exciting project.
The usage of Red and White is known as Shiv-Shakti its considered auspicious and powerful combination as per vastu shastra. The Red fort is made of this principle.

The site is now uploaded and ready to be viewed. Just one more major arcana remains to be uploaded.:grin:

Let me know your views.

Namaste

The crowned one

I like the deck. It has a bright, positive feel to the simple paintings. Reminds of of a sunny day. A good style choice given the size of a tarot card. The larger blocks of solid colour draw the eye into the smaller more detailed images.

The fool and the Star stand out for me. I like the block text too.

NamasteIndia

The crowned one said:
I like the deck. It has a bright, positive feel to the simple paintings. Reminds of of a sunny day. A good style choice given the size of a tarot card. The larger blocks of solid colour draw the eye into the smaller more detailed images.

The fool and the Star stand out for me. I like the block text too.
Thank you for your positive comments.

As you must have already read its oil on canvas paintings which took long hours of work and detailing. And I always liked bright colour.

My personal favourite is the 'Star', 'Emperor' and 'Empress'(Empress remains to be uploaded)

NamasteIndia

I am updating this thread
since from a longtime the painted artwork are simply gathering dust
so i thought i post the images here
The first image is Fool. The fool is taken from a hindi story called Shekchilli. Shekchilli was a woodcutter he was a silly village fool. And one day he sat on the branch of the tree and started cutting it away without realising that he will have a great fall soon.

Attachments

• fool.jpg
    fool.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 123

NamasteIndia

Lol i have technical clitches
I am now using picnik software to add frames to my images
Second image is highpriestess she is the Goddess Saraswati in this Card. The goddess of knowledge, wisdom and guidance.
Usually Goddess Saraswati holds the sitar a musical instrument from India which is considered a very difficult instrument to play i have been learning this instrument from a while now.
But in this image she holds a tanpura a smaller version of stringed instruments then a rudrakash mala in another hand and book in next hand
I will update more now there are technical problems with my PC

Attachments

• HIGH PRIESTESS.jpg
    HIGH PRIESTESS.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 128

NamasteIndia

Next is magician
will add description later

Attachments

• MAGICIAN.jpg
    MAGICIAN.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 119

NamasteIndia

The ever beautiful Empress here is Yashoda mother of Lord krishna she was surrogate mother not the birth mother
One who always loved and cherished Krishna as her own son.

Attachments

• empress1.jpg
    empress1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 115

merissa_88

Beautiful deck. I love the idea and the artwork!

Peace,

Merissa

NamasteIndia

Emperor

Lord Krishna he needs no introduction

Attachments

• EMPEROR DESITAROT.jpg
    EMPEROR DESITAROT.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 96