The Taro Of Longevity

itrocksmyworld

Greetings gentle folks,
My name's Nolan McFadden, and i wanted to spread the word about my system of interpretation that i've been lovingly crafting for the past year.... The Taro Of Longevity is a Marseille system, using numeric Pip cards in the Minors, and the Upright and Inverted meanings have come from my meditations upon the cross-pollination of the Elemental and Numerological aspects of each card....

The Taro Of Longevity is a continuous work-in-progress, and is not yet complete by any means, but i hope folks will enjoy IT patiently.... i welcome any comments and feedback that anyone would care to leave....

Please check IT out by clicking the "Website" button below!

Thanks and looking forward to connecting!

peace

Nolan ;-)

Alta

Hi Nolan,

I made your link clickable. I see that the blog is only your written system. That's fine, I was just wondering, are there actual cards or are you mostly developing an interpretation system?

You have certainly collected an impressive and far-reaching collection of sources and personal thoughts on the cards.

Alta

itrocksmyworld

IT's a Marseille Thing

Hi Alta! Thanks so much for the clickability, that's what i needed.... and thanks for taking the time to check out the system too!

i have not created a set of new cards yet; i think that's a ways away still, as i have not yet written down even half of what i have to write on the Court Cards, and i feel like the whole system still needs some streamlining.... but i had too much to simply keep sitting on top of IT, so i felt compelled to just publish what i have so far and beg folks' forgiveness for ITs incomplete state as i press on....

The Taro energy that i've been drawn to most strongly has been the Marseille decks; not surprising considering i've been doing Taro with a regular deck of playing cards for the past ten years! i've only begun studying the historical Taro over the past year now, and built up quite a little library of reading materials to draw understanding and inspiration from.... i highly recommend Dai Leon's "Origins Of The Tarot" as a source for dedicated research and spiritual insight....

The wonderful decks that i've been working with have been: The Ancient Italian Tarot by Lo Scarabeo, The Soprafino Tarot from Il Meneghello (unlaminated!), The Nicolas Conver Marseille by Heron, The Tarot of Jacques Vieville by Heron (difficult to find - yay for Ebay France!), and most recently the new restoration Marseille deck by Camoin & Jodorowsky.... my friends have been encouraging me to create a new deck for the Taro Of Longevity specifically, and i think that IT will happen somewhere down the line....

i welcome any more thought you might have, and if you know any other Marseille enthusiasts out there, IT would honor me if you'd share my link with them!

peace

Nolan ;-)

Alta

Hi Nolan,

That is an excellent deck collection.

To make contact with fellow Marseilles lovers, try here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38

There is an index to older threads as well.

Regards,
Alta

ETA: this thread was moved from Tarot Deck Creation.