The Wild Unknown Tarot - V Pentacles

danieljuk

In Kim's interpretation writings she gives this card the keywords "sadness, worry, illness" and talks about this is the card of hard times. But her main theme of this card is worry about worry when coping with the hard times and a need to quiet the mind at this difficult time. How do you cope or use your support in the most difficult times?

I got this card come up recently for me and you all have great takes on this card. I see this card as the woman in black with the pentacle necklace like Ivanna suggested. I see her at the funeral of a loved one, holding that rose. But she is so in mourning or distraught that even the rose is wilting. It's not fully dead like Pixna already suggested, a good drink of water could rejuvenate it! I hope she doesn't miss it, it's savable currently! or perhaps she needs to let go of it and throw it over the coffin with her loved one.

Things are difficult but there is something you can do in the situation to not make it as bad as you have to cope with. Even if it's not beating yourself up or constantly worrying, just get through it. Like meditating and calming yourself down. or talking to a friend over a cuppa. A desperate need for security will not help here. Sometimes you just have to trust the universe that everything is going to be alright.

But it's important with the pentacles to remember this is about the material and physical like Sulis suggested in the first post. How you respond to the situation will demonstrate how you can cope! Don't worry over worry over worry, just deal with the things you have to deal with and provide some nurturing to the wilting rose of yourself and let go of the things you need to let go of, no point beating yourself up as well as everything else going on :)

geoxena

I pulled this card today and at first saw the white crescent at the top as the moon shining down, and nighttime surrounded the rose. When I saw the pentacles, I also thought of a necklace but didn't think of the black as a woman's dress. The necklace was more like a banner or bunting to me.

The most significant thing about this card, for me, was the petal falling off the drooping rose. And yeah, it evokes sadness. But why, I wondered? I looked at it some more and all I could think of was loss and letting go. And a red rose - well, that represents romance. However, not necessarily romance in the sense of love relationships, but romantic notions, idealized dreams, fantasies we want to hold onto.

So, in my reading, I saw this card as being about shedding light on romantic or idealized unrealistic fantasies that need to be let go of, and dealing with the sadness or sense of loss that goes with it -- but then you've got reality, and not romantic notions, which is better.

I love reading intuitively because the cards will mean something completely different each time I pull them, but this one had me staring at it for quite a while!

Sulis

The most significant thing about this card, for me, was the petal falling off the drooping rose. And yeah, it evokes sadness. But why, I wondered? I looked at it some more and all I could think of was loss and letting go. And a red rose - well, that represents romance. However, not necessarily romance in the sense of love relationships, but romantic notions, idealized dreams, fantasies we want to hold onto.

So, in my reading, I saw this card as being about shedding light on romantic or idealized unrealistic fantasies that need to be let go of, and dealing with the sadness or sense of loss that goes with it -- but then you've got reality, and not romantic notions, which is better.

I love this.. I love how you've zoned in on the rose petal which to me almost looks like a tear falling, it's a sad image. I really lie the way you've seen the light at the top as shedding light on something that needs to be let go of..

I've not used my Wild Unknown deck for a month or so but your posts, geoxena are making me want to focus on it again.. Thank you :heart:.

Nickigirl

Here's my thought:
The pent represents the physical/material/your actual resources. The 5 is, as Sulis points out, a complex number, but change is a great keyword for it in this instance I think. So, a change in your material or physical world. And the image is of a dying rose. I think it's nice to think watering it will bring it back to life, but that's only temporary. It's actually in this state, wilting and losing petals.
So, I see change and loss of something physical/material. You're losing your job, your health (illness or injury, you've lost some of your previous vitality and ability to do something), your physical ability to cope with things, maybe you've lost some money, maybe you've not gotten enough sleep and your body is suffering. I wonder... if you've lost a limb, I think this card would show up, just as the rose is losing petals.
I think the range for this card is in the scope of your loss and the position and cards surrounding it would give insight.
I do think that since this is a minor and so it is not necessarily life-altering loss/change.
Also there's light above, just beyond the darkness of your/the rose's current situation. You're just not there yet.

Sulis

.. I wonder... if you've lost a limb, I think this card would show up, just as the rose is losing petals.
I think the range for this card is in the scope of your loss and the position and cards surrounding it would give insight.
I do think that since this is a minor and so it is not necessarily life-altering loss/change.

Just to answer this Nickigirl, I have lost a limb and this card has never shown up for me in readings about that so I think in my case I'd go with your thoughts on it being a Minor and so not really showing a life-altering change.. I think the fact that it's half way through the Minors and the next card along is the 6, which shows new buds growing on a branch following the loss and changes that came with the 5 show that this isn't an irreversible change or maybe just that it isn't a final change for the worse, it's a temporary state.

Nickigirl

Just to answer this Nickigirl, I have lost a limb and this card has never shown up for me in readings about that so I think in my case I'd go with your thoughts on it being a Minor and so not really showing a life-altering change.. I think the fact that it's half way through the Minors and the next card along is the 6, which shows new buds growing on a branch following the loss and changes that came with the 5 show that this isn't an irreversible change or maybe just that it isn't a final change for the worse, it's a temporary state.

Thank you for sharing that Sulis. I was putting down my kind of rambling thoughts here but I did have misgivings about that comment too. I agree with your comments!